Lowest prices for your stay
$89
Priceline
$137
Etrip
$72
Hotels.com$89
Travelocity$89
Orbitz.com$89
All reviews grand bazaar blue mosque tram station within walking distance main attractions rooms are small
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2016

The Hotel is described as a four star hotel and is located only within a five minute walk from the Grand Bazaar and is on the tram line.

They do have airport transfer but like most of Istanbul (Not Turkey) is that they can cheat you on most things if you are unaware.

The room was clean initially but the four star maintenance level was poor as bedsheets are changed every three days and the room is rarely cleaned, the service in the hotel varies with some staff polite as you expect from Hotel staff whilst others shockingly rude and disrespectful.

If your stay comes with breakfast then out of tourist months, the staff are racist to non-Turks as is much of Istanbul (if you are a non-Turk and can speak Turkish)

The breakfast choice was good, but if you then sit in a good area and a native Turk wants to sit there the staff will move you on and utter words "bloody foreigners" in Turkish behind your back in which the staff member that said it and the guest that moved you from your spot would both laugh and if you can understand Turkish when they assume you can't you give a gentle smirk to pretend you know nothing.

There are some staff that are very good and some that are dreadful, some maids also utter racist remarks behind your back but if you don't know Turkish then you will never know why they are laughing. However some maids are perfect.

You do get a good sleep but after a while because of very poor sewage system, you smell it and it makes even worse that every single room has the bathroom door not working. And after a couple of days the sheets get dirty and are not changed, even sometimes the Towels are not changed.

It is a reasonable Hotel for its location and initial stay, just be firm with the bad hotel staff and the rude Turkish guests and you will be fine.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Atif M
Reviewed October 18, 2016

I loved this hotel. After a few weeks of hostels and budget accomodation it was wonderful to be in clean, well maintained comfort.

The hotel was quiet and away from the main road. The restaurant/bar area was well stocked and comfy.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2016

Once we arrived, the receptionist Ismail was not in the mood to work, I give him the booking paper and within 2 seconds he said what is this? There is no reservations for this, then after I showed him the booking reference with a confirmation he asked about my passport then he said ok there is reservation... Water only for one time, no more u have to buy by ur self.. Our homes' washroom is bigger than there room, beds for very slim ppl not for normal ppl, there is no coffee no mugs nothing,, u need tissues? U have to use the toilet tissues. U can hear and discuss even whatever ur neighbors is discussing, actually I heard our bell is ringing but once I went to check who's knocking our bell, I found no one, in the same time I heard the next door is closing then I realized that its our neighbors' bell.
I was to buy an extra lights to fixed in our dark room but I don't know where they sell it in Istanbul.
Actually I apologize to the hotel because I released the bolts which was locking the AC remote with my jeans belt to adjust the temperature as I was burning in the first night.
In the last day I asked Ibrahim when we can do the check out ? He said NOW i was laughing but he was really serious!!! He told yes now is the best time, I have a group of 32 ppl are coming, I need the room, then once I asked him about their checkout time he showed me the signboard and he left inside!
Only the good thing in this hotel is the terrace
And there food is less than normal
I wonder who gives them 3 stars extra!!
If this hotel is 4 stars then we have to give 4 stars extra for Ramada - Taksim.

What the Fake pictures maaaan!!!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Mohdomaar
Reviewed September 6, 2016

All the floors of Antik Hotel Istanbul, which is standing on a Cistern dates back to 5th century, have a name and a colour. The floors are named after the cities historical periods as Byzantion, Constantinopolis, Konstantiniyye and Istanbul. The corridors decorated with the paintings reflecting the historical periods of their names.
Antik Hotel Istanbul's rooms have a modern appearance with traditional patterns. Natural materials such as wood, stone and glass and warm local colours create a cosy ambiance.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

It was nice staying in this hotel, the breakfast was very good with the great view. The hotel is near Beyazit tram station so you can go to the most important places in Istanbul easily. Moreover, the stuff were helpful and nice.

Date of stay: August 2016