We stayed for a week in May 2009. There are much more good points than bad. Firstly the location in Sultanhamet (the old city) means that is in walking distance from the main tourist attractions such as the Blue Mosque, St Sophia, Basilica Cistern etc. The hotel was nicely decorated and the bedroom was comfortable. Each room has air conditioning. You get a good buffet breakfast in the rooftop Restaurant, the waiter who called himself Rambo worked hard hence you were looked after. The restaurant has a Panoramic view of the city, the sea, and the Hagia Sophia. They serve nice evening meals in the rooftop restaurant.
Points to watch, the transfer from the airport (16miles) is I think too expensive at £20 each way making £40 return. You get driven at high speed through the Istanbul mad traffic the drivers dont care much about safety as our one was texting while driving! Also they do a hard sell on buying tickets for the tourist attractions. Much cheaper to go and buy your entrance ticket at the attaction. You get woken up at 4:30am when the Mosques call to prayer! But Overall I would reccomend this nice small Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valide Sultan Konagi is proud to serve those guests who prize the unique ambience and charm of a bygone age - as well as comfort, care and convenience – rather than the impersonal, homogenized facilities promoted by the global tourism industry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Valide Sultan Konagi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valide Sultan Konagi Istanbul
- Valide Sultan Konagi Hotel Istanbul