This boutique hotel was recommended by a friend who stays there when in Istanbul on business. It is in the Old City where all the historical sights are. Everything is in walking distance.
The staff are so friendly & accommodating. Mention must be made of Rambo, the restaurant manager; Serkon, Mahmood & Ilke on the front desk, & Faizal the bell hop.
The complimentary breakfast had something for everyone, excellent local yogurt, wonderful fruit, real honeycomb, eggs (try Rambo's special cheese omelette), breads, cereals, cold cuts & cheeses. In the evening, the mezze, followed by meatballs (Kofta) were the best we tried.
The hotel provides a complimentary transfer from the airport. A return to the airport cost 25 euros.
I would suggest that an online check in service be put in place. I was not prepared to give credit card details over the phone, & I had to make several phone calls to confirm the booking! That said, I would stay here again without question. A home away from home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valide Sultan Konagi is proud to serve those guests who prize the unique ambience and charm of a bygone age - as well as comfort, care and convenience – rather than the impersonal, homogenized facilities promoted by the global tourism industry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Valide Sultan Konagi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valide Sultan Konagi Istanbul
- Valide Sultan Konagi Hotel Istanbul