“Very nice place”
Review of Sultan's Inn

Sultan's Inn
Ranked #25 of 1,070 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 23, 2012

There is a perfect place for inexpensive staying in Istanbul. Not too big, but cozy and comfortable rooms with a small refrigerator and conditioner. Very tasty breakfasts, helpful and affable staff and a magnificent view from a terrace on a roof. Location is great, 5 min by walk to the Blue mosque. Near the hotel there are many restaurants and gift shops.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sultan's Inn

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Sultan's Inn was a good value (rates are lowered on Nov. 1st) in a good location for visting many of the most popular tourist sights in Istanbul. The staff was friendly, and the breakfast buffet had a nice selection of tasty foods. The room was on the small side but had a small refrigerator, and there were a number of small markets nearby where you can purchase drinks, fruit, snacks, etc. One drawback was the lack of an elevator.

Room Tip: The 4th floor room that we had was quiet with a decent view, and the breakfast service was on that f...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sultans_Inn, General Manager at Sultan's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. We have been very happy to read your kind review, and are glad to see that you spent enjoyable stay in Sultan's Inn Hotel. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Kamil Kaya,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Sultan's Inn for a couple of nights in late Oct. 2012. The location is in the heart of the old town with great views and within a short walk to major historic sites and excellent restaurants. Rooms are small by North American standards, but very clean and comfortable. Lots for breakfast with a choice to eat indoors or up one flight on the roof top terrace with a view of the Blue Mosque. I highly recommend you arrange your transport to and from airport/railway/ships through Sultan's Inn as they have excellent drivers at great rates. Ditto for any tours you want to do while in Istanbul. We found the bed a little hard, but still slept well. You'll love it...we did!

Room Tip: We upgraded our room (min. charge) to have a small balcony (2 chairs only) over the side street wher...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sultans_Inn, General Manager at Sultan's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

It was a real pleasure for us to read your kind, detailed feedback and we are glad that we could contribute to making your stay with us a great experience. We do look forward to welcoming you back soon in Sultan's Inn Hotel.

Best regards,

Kamil Kaya

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here for a week with my wife, great location, very quiet, safe area,really nice staff,which was emphasized when I left some cash in my room after we left to fly home, I sent a quick email to them, they replied,and sorted out a money transfer.Honest people,could not ask for more.10/10! Many thanks again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Iansol
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Sultan's Inn is absolutely highly recommendable!
We stood in pairs in Istanbul for almost a week and enjoyed our stay at Sultan's Inn very much.
After a first night in a dark and narrow back room we could move to a front room which was absolutely perfect. In general the rooms are very clean and have comfortable beds. The most beautiful thing of Sultan's Inn is the roof terrace with its beautiful view (Marmara Sea, Blue Mosque) where we had our breakfast every day! The front desk staff ist very friendly and helpful, also the room and breakfast service have been very friendly and confidential!
The location of the Hotel in the old town (Sultanahmet) of Istanbul is perfect, many of the sights are within spitting distance and could be reached in a few minutes. We did almost all the trips in the town afoot. There ist also a wide range of restaurants in the neighbourhood of the hotel.
With reference to the tours you can undertake: the offers of the hotel are definitively too expensive (e.g. the Bosporus tour offered by the hotel costs about 30 Euro, if you book it by yourself at the landing stage near Galata Bridge it costs 10 Euro). Also the price for the transfer from and to Sabiha Gökcen is extremely high and could be booked much cheaper by one of the agencies nearby the hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for front rooms, the back rooms are dark, without view and frustrating. We had for the first nig...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susanne S
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Sultan's Inn for the tail end of our trip. It was a great place to finish up our stay in Istanbul; GREAT location to many of the main sights Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, etc. Sultan's Inn also has a tasty breakfast in the morning that never left you hungry (sausage, potatoes, cheeses, fruits, cereal and more.) As well as a helpful staff if you have any questions about the area. They provide brochures on the front desk, but if you go to the places of interest you can usually find a better deal.
If I find myself traveling to Istanbul, I will book at Sultan's Inn again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PutheRAVEintRAVEl
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I took airport transfer limo to/from the hotel. The hotel is owned by a large travel service -- Efendi -- that runs airport limos as well as Istanbul tours. The front desk was definitely interested in selling me their tours, but that was OK because I wanted to go on some. The room was small, but clean, and the bathroom was huge -- fit for a sultan! There is breakfast each morning up on the fourth floor (no elevators). I took two half day tours: the Chora Church tour and the Bosphorus Cruise tour. If I did this again, I would take the Chora Church tour, have them drop me off at the Spice market, and book my own Bosphorus cruise at 6 Euros rather than the tour price of 32 Euros. You can then take a tram at 3 liras from the Spice market back to the Blue Mosque stop, and from there an easy walk back to the hotel. Try Doy-Doys restaurant on the way back from the Blue Mosque. Doy-Doys business card has a map which helps get you to/from the tram. If you are flying Turkish airlines, I recommend you arrive at the airport 2-3 hours in advance. They "lost" my reservation and I was almost stuck in Istanbul. The two Brits in front of me had booked Heathrow - Istanbul return, and Turkish airlines had routed them back to Gatwick. For 187 GBP "and 10 Euros" Turkish airlines offered to put them on the flight to Heathrow. The hotel is in a beautiful, quaint neighborhood -- I wish I could show you my pictures!

Room Tip: Expect to hear hallway noise. I stayed on the first floor -- not as much climbing stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BallBounces

Best regards,

Kamil Kaya
Sultan's Inn Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Istanbul
Mini Nova Hotel
#14 of 1,070 in Istanbul
Tulip Guesthouse
Tulip Guesthouse
#10 of 1,070 in Istanbul

Been to Sultan's Inn? Share your experiences!