“SUPERB”
Review of Hotel Sari Konak

Hotel Sari Konak
Ranked #169 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great location, friendly staff ,excellent rooms and a wonderful rooftop serving a great breakfast with the best views. We spent 4nights and loved every minute...easy walking distance to all major attractions, great atmosphere and restaurants nearby....couldnt get any better and glad we chose this location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank L0ri48

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Sari Konak is located in the Sultanemet section of Istanbul. It is an easy walk to most of the major tourist sites. The rooftop area overlooks the Blue Mosque on one side and a charming street on the other. It is on this rooftop that a breakfast buffet is set up each morning. It is ample and good. Later in the day and evening the rooftop serves as a bar. We enjoyed pre-dinner drinks here one evening and a nightcap on another.

The hotel arranged for our car service from and to the airport. It ws punctual, convenient, reliable and reasonably priced.

We booked a deluxe room, the highest category. The photos on the website were a bit deceptive ~ trick photography I suppose. Our room was not large, although by European standards perhaps it wasn't small. Suffice to say it was not what we were expecting. The tv was old gashioned, not a flat screen, but it worked and we had a limited choice of stations. We faced the street and the noise level was high so we closed the windows. The air conditioning is not powerful, but at least it's there. The bathroom is modern and lovely, but I would have liked bigger than a sample size soap for the shower. The soap was thyme scented and actually had bits of thyme in it. Every time I washed, I began to crave lamb :). Fortunately, there are several good
restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelilnrose
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We spent 8 nights in the triple room. The room was quiet and had air conditioning (very helpful in August!). There was enough room for our family of four. The hotel is very clean. Breakfast was served on the rooftop with stunning views. Close to major attractions and tram. Were very happy with our choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank colentina
Reviewed September 2, 2013

First, despite the price this is not a 4 star hotel, so you can't expect 4 star service and amenities. If you want to be in Sultanahmet, and you accept that the accommodations are very expensive for what you get, this is a good place relatively. I'd read reviews and it was clear that Sultanahmet hotels were expensive with small rooms. So, with my adult niece and nephew, I spent a little more for a 3 bedroom "suite." We each had our own small bedroom. I foolishly took the queen bed which meant there was no room for my luggage - it went on the small desk and chair. But the place was clean and comfortable. Breakfast on the rooftop was good - not the best we had in Turkey, but plenty of options. Some people complained that the desk staff pushed tours etc. I felt they were just offering tours and pamphlets, I never felt pressured to do anything. They offered to get me a car to the airport and when I went out to ask a cab about what they would charge, it was comparable. Also, we should have asked their advice about where to eat in the neighborhood - we could have avoided mediocre/bad experiences. I would recommend the place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank AmyPP
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here in August. Enjoyed our stay in the deluxe room with a nice street view and plenty of space. Rooftop bar is nice and you can walk to almost all Sultanahmet attractions. Heaps of restaurants nearby. Only recommendation would be to clean the shower heads as ours sprayed all over the place! Overall a good place and special mention to Hassan for his hospitality and service.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Ginger_Ninja_888
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I can't begin to tell you how helpful and kind the staff here is. They were even nice enough to check Online to see if I had any winning numbers on a lotto ticket I bought in Istanbul (I won! About 10TL, but still, haha). The staff always remembered me and my friend when we walked through the door. The rooms were well-appointed and very clean. Honestly, the staff must work around the clock because I always saw them at the front desk or working on the gorgeous roof deck (where breakfast is served - great views!), yet they always had a smile on their face. The hotel is in a perfect location to access the area, and felt very safe and secure coming home to.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank J1821
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Recently stayed at Sari konak. Very centrally located, walking distance to all the major attractions. The staff is extremely nice and accomodating. This is the best hotel to stay. All employees speak good English and are very helpful.
The breakfast is amazing, don't forget to try the yogurt with some walnuts and brown sugar!!
Overall very good experience at the hotel. Will go back and stay again.
Try getting suite 105 !!

Room Tip: Avoid room# 305 as it needs two ac units!!.