Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Istanbul
from $163.00
from $27.60
from $22.00
1,477 results
All reviews oil massage turkish bath marble slab hot marble hot room bubble wash traditional package dead skin men and women bikini bottoms disposable underwear authentic experience turkish lira grand bazaar scrub soap lockers
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

This place is well worth a visit and you feel like pampering yourself for a morning or afternoon.

Turn your watch back to the 16th Century while the really helpful and professional staff look after you and make you feel like a new person after.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 7, 2018

Quick process, all the extras, nice. I would have stayed longer. Silly tourist teenagers too loud, splashing and shouting in a place that amplifies sound.

1  Thank DixonTurnip
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

The Staff were courteous however the Hamam bath was quite disappointing. They say that you will be scrubbed and massaged for 15 minutes but that didn’t happen
Also they should offer water as the steam causes a lot of dehydration

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

The best one, definitely a MUST DO!! We received the recommendation to visit this place from our tourist guide, but we read a lot of bad reviews here, so we tried to avoid it at the beginning. After a long day we passed by this one and decided to give it a chance, and trust me, it was one of the top plans on my trip!
The staff is really kind, we decide to took the all inclusive package (with foam massage and oil massage) for 250 Turkish liras (50 dollars more or less) and later we hear from another costumer that you can negotiate to have a free face mask with that combo. They will provide you the scrub pad, towel, slippers, bikini, hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner... seriously you dont need to have anything with you, they will take care and pamper you!!! 100% recommended

Date of experience: June 2018
4  Thank AngieMoya
Reviewed June 2, 2018

Designed and built by Sinan, this place has historic value, so it is good to see it operating as it has for nearly 500 years. It is an interesting experience. The girl at the desk is quite friendly and speaks good English, she explains the options and I went for the "full package" ; this is the steam room, the scrub, the soapy wash, then massage and shower. This package costs 250 Lira, but add at least 2 X 25Lira as tips for the scrubber and massage (it is expected, if not demanded). She gives you a new washing mitt and a token each to hand to the scrubber and the massager.
It was very quiet when I was there, so the guys took their time and the scrubber even gave me another soapy wash in the steam room after I'd had the massage. The soapy wash is great fun, a bag full of bubbles all over you and gentle wash. The massage was thorough and professional.
Word of warning : the scrub is brutal and removes all old skin (which is the purpose), but in my case I was left with a near-bloody rash in my chest for days.