“Impressive LaresPark”
Review of LaresPark Hotel

LaresPark Hotel
Ranked #379 of 1,171 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 14, 2008

It was a very welcome surprise to start my first work related trip of 2008 with a hotel as impressive as the Larespark, which was splendid in every respect. The room was full of those little extras which make a stay so much more enjoyable such as a bathrobe, tea and coffee, a free English language newspaper in the morning, a copy of Timeout, a choice of pillows and even a shoe polishing kit. Moreover, the staff are polite and helpful to the man and woman. The location just of Taksim Square is also a major selling point, though be aware of the local restaurant and bar touts. Return I will!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Matti-Pringle

Reviewed January 8, 2008

we stayed at the Larespark hotel for three nights beginning the 3rd January (2 adults+2 children aged 9 &6). The hotel is supposed to be a 4*+ hotel , but I believe that is an average 4* hotel. The rooms were clean and spacy , and the breakfast was ok. The service though was poor . We left the hotel at 9.30 in the morning , and when we returned at 16.00 the rooms were not ready.We kindly asked for the rooms to be made. We had to wait for two hours at the lobby bar until the rooms were ready , and nobody came to inform us.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Thessaloniki2013
Reviewed January 4, 2008

Stayed from Dec 25 - 30. The hotel is located walking distance from Taksim Square where you can can catch taxis, the metro, and buses. Many stores and restaurants around the area. Hotel facilities were good. My family especially enjoyed the turkish bath, dry sauna, and pool at the hotel. Rooms were average sized and clean. Strange in that there is a metal detector right at the entrance that everyone has to go through. Interesting as it never seemed to beep. Many visible but presentably dressed security people in the lobby. I guess they take their security seriously. Front desk staff was generally helpful in giving directions. Not quite as warm as some Asian countries, but not rude either. Only problem was at checkout. We had three rooms and there were two local calls posted to my sons' room. They were sure they had not made any local calls (we don't know anyone in Turkey). However, the front desk lady insisted that they were our calls. She said it was only "60 (turkish) cents". I argued that it was not the amount but the principle. She said that if I didn't pay she would pay for it herself. My wife was in no mood to argue so I paid the 60 cents. Would I use this hotel again? Sure but I would probably give the front desk notice beforehand about the previous local call charges. I definitely recommend that this staff person go through some customer service training.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank jarijison
Reviewed December 7, 2007

I booked my reservation directly on the hotel's website at a promotional rate of €89 plus tax (total per night--€105). At the current exchange rate, that was USD155 per night.

When I booked the reservation, I indicated that I was requesting the airport transfers that were offered on the booking screen. I gave my full flight arrival information. When I received my confirmation from the hotel, I assumed everything was set. I arrived in Istanbul on schedule only to find that there was no one from the hotel to pick me up. I waited for 45 minutes and finally gave up. I was then on my own to find my way to the hotel.

On arrival at the hotel, I asked the front desk clerk why the hotel failed to provide the transfers I had requested. At first she said they didn't even offer such a service and said I should contact the travel agency who booked my reservation. I told her I booked directly with the hotel on their website. She then made a phone call to a colleague, She said her colleague said she sent me an email requesting that I confirm that I really wanted the transfer I was requesting on my booking. I never received any such email.

When I got off the lift on my floor, I found the hallways dark. The lights were all controlled by motion dectectors. My room was in the corner. The lights went on but stayed on for only five seconds. (I timed them.) Fortunately there was an emergency exit light so I could see the slot to insert my room key card. For the prices this hotel charged, I think they could have afforded to keep the hallways lit.

The room was nicely appointed and very comfortable. Unfortunately the walls were paper thin. The people in the next room had a baby with them. I could hear every word they said, and I could hear every grunt the baby made.

I learned the hard way that hot water was plentiful, but cold water was in very short supply. When I turned on the water to what should have been a lukewarm setting on the faucet, I burned my finger. The water was scalding. There seemed to be two temperatures: hot and scalding.

One other thing that seemed odd was that there was no clock of any type anywhere in the room. Fortunately, I had brought my own travel alarm clock. Once again, for the price of this hotel, a simple amenity such as a clock should have been standard room equipment.

I did check out the recreation facilities. The pool area was very nice. There was a co-ed Turkish bath and sauna. One downside involved the lack of lighting again. The changing area was a room without lights. Fortunately there was a small, closet type room where I could turn on the light. It was the only light that worked. It was difficult to see my locker in the dark.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel and definitely would not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank skyguyWI
Reviewed November 13, 2007

This is a very nice hotel - Got an excellent spacious room - All the luxury amenities.

The hotel has an excellent pool/sauna/turkish bath. The location is great. In the new part of the town - lively!

On the downside, the staff seems a bit junior -not really sophisticated- dealing with customers. They lacked a concierge so when you ask questions about places to eat, etc, they have no clue! If you know where you going then it should be fine - or ask other hotels around.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2007

We stayed at the Larespark Hotel, Istanbul, Turkey during our 4-day stay. It was booked thru a travel agent in Oman, as part of a tour package and we are glad that we opted for this hotel. The check-in was smooth, the staff very courteous and overall service was good. The room was spacious and housekeeping was good. I would rate their breakfast as best in town for the price. Overall, I would rate this hotel as excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2007

Spent 3 nights at the LaresPark in Taksim, Beyoglu. The location is very good to explore the newer part of Istanbul where life never seems to stop. The room was spacious, the bedding of good quality, the only issue I would note would be that the windows were too small so that little daylight would get in the room. Access to the gym, swimming pool, jacuzzi and turkish bath was free. Everything very well equipped and very clean. Staff was welcoming and nice.
Overall a good hotel, but nothing exotic. I remain surprised by the prices of hotels in Turkey (we paid 140 € / night for a double)

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple