See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 22, 2015

A few notes from my terrible experience with this hotel:
1) There was a booking mistake through Expedia that the hotel was willing to even discuss or come to a compromise on
2) The hotel smells like smoke. I could hardly breathe in my own room even though it was a non-smoking room
3) I'm 5'4" and was too tall for the shower (which by the way, had terrible water pressure)
4) The beds were hard an uncomfortable
5) While the internet is free, you have to sign in with multiple #'s every time you want to use it (passport #, room# etc). So it's free, but really annoying to use
6) We left the hotel before breakfast started and they offered to make us a breakfast to take- which was nice. What wasn't nice was the breakfast that they made... it was pretty gross.
7) It's located out of the way and despite my cab driver calling the front desk and getting directions, we still had to loop around multiple times to find the place

Overall, I would not recommend it. I initially booked it to get a little closer to SDV than from where we were the night before but that turned out to be a huge mistake. Do yourself a favor, don't stay here.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2015

This hotel can be budget, nicely renovated and perhaps even breakfast is something to write home about. But this goes to show how a simple mistake can ruin your hotel experience - the walls are wafer-thin. I have been literally having rather undesired mind images of my neighbours' exact activities for the past two hours. If you insist on using this hotel, avoid the rooms on the first floor, as my neighbours aren't the only nuisance and I can hear everything that goes on at the lobby bar. And definitely try to avoıid for business trips.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2014

I booked for my family,they came from England.When we went our room,it s near with lift.There was so much sounds came from lift.When we noticed to the reception,they said 'apoligize,no more rooms available.
Anyway When we stayed that hotel,it was really rainy season.When you go to October,december,january,february,march or april you can not use swimming pool.
At the same time they had spa,sauna,steam,indoor swimming pool,but nothing working.It was boring experience for us.

Room Tip: upper floors, because they have apartments ,neighbours.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2014

We stayed here 5 days after cruising Capadocia. The hotel is located in a cute area outside of Istanbul and unless you want to drive for an hour to go to the center the easiest way is to take the ferry to almost the center. The ferries are 20 min walking from the hotel.

Breakfast: better than other hotels in the center of Istanbul, but in 5 days, there was not much change in dishes (even when it was saturday and sunday too).

Lunch in the restaurant of the hotel: very expensive for the amount of food and quality of the product. Go to the coast and you have a bunch of posh restaurants to eat, go to streets behind and have amazing fish restaurant (very cheap).

Check In: they ask you to pay in advance the whole cost of your days at the hotel. Also they ask you for a deposit of 100 TR if you want to be able to put into your room extra expenses of the hotel. Not very normal for this type of hotel.

Pool and gym: they have 2 pools in the hotel, one on the terrace (no much space, but nice view) and another one in the basement with the gym. The gym is fine, apart from the height of the ceiling.

Rooms: our family room has one double bed and a single bed. The single bed is just next to the door, but separate from the double bed. Good and bad. They bring complimentary water and copies every day. Bathroom was fine, nothing fancy. Clean.

Why such a bad rate? Normally it will be a 3 or 4 (instead of 1) Because of organization of the staff of the hotel. I forgot a camera lens on the safe of the room. I called 3 hours after check-out to advice reception to try to find it. Once I arrived at home, send 3 emails to different emails account of the hotel with no response. I call again after 5 days and they person at reception did not have any clue about the lens or anything. He said he was going to call back. Never call back or email response.
Lack of interest from the staff to try to help.
Stay at your risk…#smallfishbigworld

Room Tip: Try to get one with view to the sea
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Elite hotel from 24th April - 27th April 2014. We had a short stay as we came over for the weekend for my Cousin's Wedding. I stayed with my husband and as a family we had 3 other rooms booked.
This hotel was lovely and very modern. From when we arrived very late the front desk staff was very helpful in ensuring we was happy and provided us with wifi passwords. Our luggage was taken straightforward our rooms.
When entered room it was clean and well kept, not dated in anyway. The one negative was our view which was a family home looking right into our room. We wasn't to bothered as was only there for a few nights, but if there for longer this would of bothered me as could go out on balcony.
Breakfast was included in our stay and for the 3 days we had it it was superb. Over the 3 days there was different selections of bread, cereal, hot food (mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs, Turkish sausage, hash browns) and jams and spreads. There was also different cheeses and olives. You could have fresh orange juice by squeezing it yourself and make your own coffee from the coffee machine. This coffee was amazing! The waiters kept making sure you was happy and filled your coffee if needed.
The rooms were always kept clean and bathroom was regularly replenished.
We was lucky as when we arrived to Turkey it started to become hot so we enjoyed the roof top swimming pool and chilled out on the roof top for a few hours. The view was lovely and there was lots of lovely birds that flew by. My brother did go for a swim but was told after a few minutes to get out as it wasn't cleaned for the summer yet! A little upsetting as I was planning to get in myself. There was no warning sign either but this didn't spoil anything as there was a downstairs pool inside. We all enjoyed the inside pool and sauna on two occasions and we was the only ones using it. There was also a small gym that I used for half hour, not bad equipment! :)
The lifts were quit small so me and my husband walked down the stairs most of the time as we couldn't all fit in the lift but this wasn't a problem for us.
There was a lovely bar situated on the bottom floor and the price for drinks were reasonable.
As we knew the area well we walked under an underpass to the other side on the railway track which has lots of shops for your Turkish delight and clothes shops etc.

All in all I would highly recommended this hotel, more so for business or a solo person. Also for family and couples for a short stay as there isn't really anything to visit near by Kucukyali. Staff are very friendly and helpful, food is top, hotel is very clean and wifi works ace. I would return if needed to visit this area again.

Room Tip: The higher the better and the left side of the hotel has a slightly better view than the right side (when you look face on).
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends