Taksim Gonen
Lamartine Hotel(Istanbul)
Nova Plaza(Istanbul)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsturkeyhotel is locatedlocated within walking distanceistiklal streetexcellent locationthree nightsquiet areametro stationbusiness triptaksimgymluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My name is Manny Zrihan; I stayed in room 1601 from March 28-31, 2013
I would like to remark about some people in specific; The Food and Beverage Manager and Reception Manager and especially the staff working in the Spa. My wallet had fallen under my bed in my room as I was in a rush to get to my flight. Due to being in transit to Israel my telephone was closed for safety. When I landed I found out that I was missing my wallet and I had one missed call from the Hotel. They had told me that everything was inside and they would make sure that my family in Turkey could pick it up and send it to me. They were very honest and I found out that all that was contained in my wallet was still there. The Reception manager was very helpful with the internet and any other questions that I had. It was a priveledge to stay in such a beautiful, friendly, and professional hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 1saraf1
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is located about 100 meters far from Taksim square, where bus, metro and taxis are available. In addition, being close to Taksim means easy access to shops, restaurants and exchange offices on Istiklal (pedestrian) street and the adjacent streets.
We got a room on the 7th floor and it was very nice, clean and quiet. The bathroom was also clean and the same can be said about towels and bed sheets. Wireless internet worked well.
The reception and technical staff were helpful and prompt. Check in and check out were also quick and easy.
Breakfast is served in the restaurant at -1 level and it offers a good variety of hot and cold dishes.
Overall a good hotel in a great location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Carmen194
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The room is too hot and humid even in peak winter. I and my wife were sweating during the 4 nights which we spend over there. The outside average tempertature was 5 degree celsious, but the inside tempretaure was around 30 degree celsious.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mohsinazad
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have stayed there for 3 times and if you are on a business trip and prefer to avoid extra payment for useless luxury, I suggest the hotel to you!
The hotel is well located nearby Taksim square which gives you the chance to spend your free time by window shopping, walking and nice cuisine in Taksim Area. the lobby is small but nicely decorated, staff are helpful and the price is reasonable comparing the quality with some other hotels. Presents nice breakfast too. Rooms are clean with comfy bed and average furniture.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Rezagh
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed 7 night (first at gonen hotel recently. Booking.com booked it for me no breakfast included and I paid for the week in advance. I have to say reading some of the comment got me worried after paying in full and no cancellation allowed but I had a different experience and really enjoyed my time. I had a nice big room on the 10th floor cleaned to a good standard every day I am familiar with Istanbul so I didn't need any help from staff (so no comment on helpfulness) but they always smiled and welcome you. I used the gym its not virgin active but good enough for a 4* hotel and quick fix while away. My big disappointment was taksim square very noisy building work which went on late into the night. But hotel location is great for day trips and night outs and as regular visitor to the city gonen was one the best 4* hotel I have stayed in for location and value for money. Just some general advice for Istanbul visitors, avoid using taxis as much as you can from airport to taksim use havatash coach for 10 trl and airport to aksaray(if you are booked near sultan ahmed historical area) metro for only 3 trl and then use tram if you are up it or taxi which make sure and agree the price before and ignore taxi meter idea. Around taksim area shop around for your beer prices they vary from $4 up to $10 each so check them before ordering and stick to turkish drink for better taste and price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends