“The hotel is not very good”
Review of Lion Hotel

Lion Hotel
Ranked #1,044 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
tehran
“The hotel is not very good”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I and my family stayed 4 nights there in October . The location is good .Our room was too hot and we had to open the window all the times but it didn't help us to sleep well, when we asked the receptionist to turn down the AC they said the problem is due to the system and they couldn't do anything to solve.At the check out time they declared that you used a beer can from mini bar and you had to pay money in spite of the fact that we did not use any thing they did not accept and treated other guests the same. I don't recommended anyone to stay there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nasrin k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for 9 days last year & found the following:
- Room is clean (bed & bathroom) carpet looks little old but I didn't find it smelly.
- room service was very good & i loved their shinny bed linens.
- bathroom was good in my opinion. But try to select room with white color bathroom not the blue 1.
- staff are fine but their English is poor like other Turkish people. But there is at least 1 staff who is good in english to some extent also.
- location is good although u have to cross couple of streets & walk to reach taksim square.
- the areA is full of hotels & coffee shops around the hotel. I advise you to choose an upper floor room.
- the staff didn't make any issue for the minibar thank God!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Leezalool
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed September 28, 2013

this hotel is not very good . i was stay there for 4 days.my room was very small .the blanket and refrigerator are very poor . breakfast is not correct . the reservation persons are very impolite . when we checked out they said you use mini bar and you have to pay money but we did not use any thing they did not accept and up their voice its very bad for me . they are very stupid .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank reza717

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed September 23, 2013

rooms are too small but I got excellent service and house keeping,bathrooms are clean with good supplies, very good breakfast buffet, front office was so helpful, hotel location is perfect, exchange rates little bit less than outside, high floors better to get a good view (front rooms only)

Room Tip: try to get a front room
1 Thank Khaled1971
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Arriving to the hotel receptionist said that he can not find my reservation despite the fact that I showed him my Confirmation Letter. (I booked the room through the tour agent and there could not be any problem) then he make me wait for 2 hours and without any apologies! Room was normal, but service was really awful. Some of the Reception clerks were rude and impolite. Don't advise to choose this hotel.

1 Thank Shems H
Esfahan, Iran
Reviewed September 3, 2013

we were 5,but they didn't have any room for this size(they should have told us before) so we were seperated in two floors!we didn't use any of mini-bars but they lied and said u drank one bottle of water and took us an expensive cost for that tiny.the rooms were so small and was neighbored by a disco so we couldn't sleep at all in night,
the only thing that i liked was the breakfast,it has a lot diversity. and the location of hotel was really good,in taksim sq.
if I traveled again to istanbul,i wont go to that hotel again. never eveeeeeer!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank narges_raf
Iran
Reviewed August 23, 2013

After about one week investigation from friends and internet, I finally select Lion hotel for its excellent location and acceptable services.

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The location is absolutely great, in a clean and nice touristic area with many similar hotels and nice outdoor coffee-shops & restaurants.Just 5 minutes by walking to Taksim square; and also 15minutes by walking to the beach (Kabatash). All around this zone are interesting places to walk... Wanna go to old areas of Istanbul? Just go to Taksim and use cable metro to reach to Kabatash, then try nice tram trains...

Lion is not a big and modern hotel, it has small lobby and restaurant. In advertisements you find this hotel has a swimming pool; but in fact it is located in another hotel near it!!

Our room was really small, the minimum possible size for a double room! Decoration was simple, outdoor window had a bad view to another hotel, bed was really convenient, TV was small in size, and bathroom was satisfying. Room was always clean and we did not have any problem with cleanliness of the hotel.

Hotel staff behaved normally; although I never did not see any bad reaction or insult from them, but for a 4 star hotel they should behave warmer and more friendly with the guests.

A weird event was happened during our check out: we formerly bought some cheeps and chocolate and water bottles from supermarket and ate them in our room; but for check out hotel staff told based on the wasting in our room, we used them from minibar!!! I told this hotel even does not have cheeps and chocolate in the minibar and now you wanna charge me?!! I insisted and finally I wrote it in the payment voucher so they did not charge me; but It was not professional behavior from such hotel...

I think in this area, all hotels are almost the same, and by considering this fact that you usually do not stay in the hotel during the days of Istanbul, this hotel can be a good choice. But it is better to say: "Lion is a 3 and half star hotel !" ;)

1 Thank Alborz K