Madison Hotel
$147
$109
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$35
$34
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at the Madison Hotel for 6 nights during a recent trip. The hotel is centrally located in Taksim and walking distance from ALL the other hotels and restaurants.
I believe other hotels in the same area may be of a higher standard but this hotel is very good value for the price and the service is very, very good. The rooms are spacious, clean and modern. The staff are extremely helpful and speak good quality English, which is extremely useful for directions etc.
I had several meetings to attend and before arriving in İstanbul had made up my mind that I would would be travelling my taxi. But with the help of the receptionist I traveled to ALL places using the Metro, which is a stone's throw away from the hotel.
The only downside of this hotel is that although the standard rooms can accommodate 2 people, it can be a bit cramped for 2 people and the single cupboard is especially small. There is insufficient lighting in the room, especially around the working table area, which can make it quite difficult to work at night. Also the corridors are lit with sensor lighting to conserve energy (a good idea). However, the lights don't stay on long enough making the corridors very, very dark! Lastly, being a vegetarian, the a la carte menu is also limited.
Overall, it is a good quality hotel for a short period and I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a brighter room or for an upgrade, subject to availability
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ashish M
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Third time in Istanbul and third hotel I have stayed in.

The good~

Near the taxim subway which is a very cheap way to get around and avoid the never ending traffic jams in Istanbul.

Night life is pretty good - just venture out

Lots of places to eat

The not so good.

Bed was a bit hard for my liking

In an effort to save on ernergy, they use sensors to make hallway lights go on. However, I found the hallways to be too dark and a few times I struggled to put the card in properly in order to open the door.

All in all a good hotel if planning to stay for a short time and not spend a lot of time in it.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Matsebula
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We wanted a hotel where we could relax after a very exhausting day (visiting the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi and crusing the Bosphoros). We have chosen Madison because we though it would have a nice hamman, gym and swimming pool and also its location (5 minutes walking far from shops and restaurants in Isktsal Cadessi.) However, the facilities were not good (gym without windows and very smelly). The breakfast was ok, but not with fresh fruts or espresso. everything was extra! However, it has a good location and we could leave our suitcases for three days while visiting Capadoccia.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We spent one night in Madison Hotel. The location is near Taksim Square, and it has a hamam, sauna and turkish steam room included in the hotel fee. The room was very generic, but clean. However, this is the first hotel I can remember where the staff had no recommendations for restaurants nearby. Moreover, when we went to brush our teeth there was a sign in the bathroom that the water was undrinkable and the charge was 4 TL for a small bottle from the minibar. A call to hotel staff was not satisfactory; just confirmation that we should not drink the water. (We had earlier stayed in an apartment and they provided bottled water free.)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2012

the hotel itself was beautiful, breakfast was decent. however, the area was tricky getting into the tourist spots and to eat out at night you needed to head back to the center should have stayed in the center. staff barley spoke english and very useless with where to eat.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends