“Arcadia Blue Istanbul”
Review of Hotel Arcadia Blue

Hotel Arcadia Blue
Ranked #93 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Excellent hotel in fantastic location. We had high floor room(8th floor) so the view was superb. The room is fairly nice, nothing spectacular but the view compensate for it :). We also had dinner in the restaurant, the view even better, however the food was nothing special...I also could say a little bit expensive but as we had a celebration I didnt care that much :). The location of the hotel is unbeatable...next to Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia....
I just want to mention Numan Ipek who arrange our room and dinner reservations. Big Thank You!
Overall good hotel, if I visit Istanbul, again definitely would considerate it because of the location and the view form the restaurant.
Keep the good work.

Room Tip: High Floor room to have a good view.
3  Thank Barabbas_10
ArcadiaB1ue, Yönetici at Hotel Arcadia Blue, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Hello Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your such positive review about our hotel.

Our guests always mentions how amazing view we have, we are appreciated.

We hope to see you back at Hotel Arcadia Blue.

Kindest Regards

HOTEL ARCADIA BLUE MANAGEMEN TEAM

Reviewed January 4, 2014

a really lovely hotel with lots of plus points ;
location - central for all the major sights
views- hard to beat, day time and night time from the restaurant/bar
rooms- contemporary, especially the bathrooms with lovely toiletries
staff- so kind and helpful when my wife suffered with terrible toothache
breakfast- included in the price, a wonderful selection & relaxed atmosphere
complimentary drinks in the afternoon :-)

minor minus points;
the taxi driver from the airport could not find the hotel
bedrooms on the 1st floor are noisy
lack of information in the bedroom
had we not read on here about free drinks in the afternoon we would not have known
the "economy" priced room has no window, we booked an extra night and had to move rooms
staff asking for a bigger tip for grabbing a small bag & carrying it up one flight of stairs!!

would we stay here again.... definitely!!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank EnglandAlan
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I went and stayed there with my filming crew. The place is newly renovated and it is still clean. Located in the old city is convenient to walk everywhere. The main road is just around the corner full of restaurants and shops. To go to the new city take a cab with meters only please otherwise cabbie will rip you off. Always nice to have breakfast on the top floor with Blue Mosque and Haqia Sophia so clear right infront of you, but seriously..they need to add more varieties to the breakfast menu! Mervan, our server was very kind, polite and serves us all the time with his genuine heart and smile each morning we were there.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BubbleTruffleSG

Hello Dear Guest

Thank you for this such positive review about our hotel.

We hope to see you back at Hotel Arcadia Blue the next time you're in Istanbul.

ARCADIA BLUE MANAGEMENT TEAM

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

I loved the hotel. Everything was perfect,service,food,rooms,view etc. Especially restaurant for dinner. The manager is fantastic and runsvthis hotel exceedingly well. His staff all of them, very knowledgeable and with great manners. Perfect location. Will definetly come back to this heavenly place!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank lisacarlsonn
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The good things:
1-Spectacular view from my room and the dining room.

2-The hotel is located in a nice area. It is close to sltanahmet tram station (2 min walk), many nice restaurants and historical things to visit.

3-The rooms are soundproof, quiet and spotless.

4-The dinning staff is extra friendly.

The bad things:

1-Bathroom drains are omitting an offensive smell and I have asked for another room but none was available (this problem was reported in a someone else review as well).

2-There is no iron available in the room. You have to wait at least for 20-30 minutes in the morning for the iron and you are allowed to use it for 20 minutes max. as you will receive a call from reception telling you that another guest is needing it.

3- Bring your own adaptor as I have asked for one three times and been told that all adaptors are being used by other guests. I spent my first night not being able to work at all because I could not charge my laptop. I bought one for 7.5 TK the next morning.

4-There are three cardio machines in the gym. Two of them are not working (been told that they just broke due to some sort of electricity problem despite that the elliptical is not running on electricity).

5-The curtains in my room was not working because the switch button was broken.

6-Currently there is some sort of renovation of the building in front of the hotel so it can get a little bit noisy in the morning.

For all the above reasons in addition to the amount of money they are charging, I have rated the hotel as poor and would not go back again or recommend any one else to go.

2  Thank Abdullah S
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Please note that this review reflects merely my own personal experience and does not imply that i urge anyone to avoid it. Perhaps it was just bad luck. Very bad luck.

Rooms: I had inquired about a room with a nice view and was assured that every room benefits from good views. The first thing i saw when I opened the curtains was the shocked face of a person in the hotel next door, who was equally as disappointed not to be seeing the Mosque or Haga Sofia, but me. I asked to change rooms, after checking online if any rooms were available (there were plenty with "sea view"). I even offered to pay for a more expensive room but was then offered one that looked right into yet another building, which was under construction. I decided to stay in the room and just close the curtains.

The rooms are nicely furnished, nice big beds and lovely bathroom. The first room even had a walk in changing room. Generally, the design of the hotel is quite appealing.

The Restaurant: The view, indeed, is splendid. No doubt about it. The breakfast is great, lots of variety and the waiters are friendly and professional. The menu for dinner, on the other hand, leaves lots to be desired. If you are going for mediocre at inappropriate prices, you have found the place to eat. Rather test the restaurants around the area, some great ones there!

The Spa: This was a circus. One of the reasons I chose the hotel, was that the website mentioned a sauna and steam room. Firstly, one has to pay 35 EUR for the sauna (?!) and 45 EUR for a turkish bath, scrub and massage ( which, I was told, gave me sauna access as well). The massage therapist was nowhere to be found at the time of my appointment and when she appeared, was unaware of my booking. The turkish bath was fine, but the the massage left MUCH to be desired. Firstly, I felt like I was lying in the middle of the grand bazaar, as the spa is located next to the hotel kitchen, with people shouting, cutlery and plates falling, doors slamming. Very relaxing. Then, the massage therapist (who didn't speak a word of English, so no need asking whether the pressure or temperature could be adjusted) started to write messages on her phone and even started talking on her phone during the massage. Luckily, I live for such comical situations and I took with humour. What I didn't find so funny, was that when I was done, I was told that the saunas are out of order. I mentioned all of this to the reception and said that I was not happy to pay 45EUR for this madness, but upon check out, I was confronted with an unprofessional gentleman, who kept on cutting me off and demanding I pay. So, I did. I will however, write a letter to express my concerns once again and give the hotel the chance to act accordingly. While I think it's important to write reviews in forums like these, I also write reviews for magazines and travel guides and this hotel is not one I'd put on my bucket list.

Also: the gentleman who helped carry my 6kg heavy case from room 1 to room 2 was not happy with the tip I gave him and complained to my face- so i gave him the option to take it or leave it. He took it.

If you choose this hotel, make sure you get a room on floor 7 or 8. I hope this helped. Enjoy Istanbul!

Room Tip: Floor 7 or 8, front facing.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank JCFernandez
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Location and Views are hard to beat. Definitely not a 5 star hotel, but amenities make this a worthy contender for anyone looking for reasonably priced accommodation in the old city. we got a great rate through a hotel booking website at just over $100/night. Rooms are smallish which is common in europe with bathrooms slightly cramped. robes and slippers are provided. we were offered 1 complimentary massage since staying 4 nights. staff was great and very responsive (adapters/taxis). this hotel is literally a block off of the main street to catch the tram and easy walking to all the major sights. a complimentary wine and snacks are offered at the rooftop restaurant and terrace in the early evening where taking in the views are hard to beat, sitting above the blue mosque and hagia sophia. we went to the four seasons thinking of grabbing a cocktail there but decided to return to hotel arcadia instead. breakfast is complimentary with choices including western and Turkish fare. we prebooked online a car transfer from the airport for 20 euros (i believe it's more than a taxi but nice service to have someone waiting to whisk you to your hotel after a long flight from the US.) Taxis over to the Taksim/Beyoglu area (a must for restaurants) were about TKL14 to 20 (US$7 to 10). the tram stops just at the end of the block of the hotel if you prefer public transport. we used it to get to the waterfront and back to the hotel.

Room Tip: as others have mentioned, request a room above the 5th floor for views. we were not able to get a hi...
1  Thank nop_12