1,331 results
All reviewsagatha christieorient expressgolden hornhistorical hotelgreta garboagatha restauranternest hemingwaymodern turkeyturn down serviceluxury hotelmarble bathroomsmall balconypierre lotipublic areaspillow menuistiklal streetamazing hotel
Reviewed November 30, 2015

Spent the weekend with friends in Istanbul, and decided to stay at the Pera Palace, what a great decision. The hotel is grand but intimate, the rooms lovely, and the staff superb. Special mention must be made of Ervan, who advised us on where to eat, and every other aspect of our stay, it was magical. Beyoglu is the place to stay, shops restaurants and full of life, and the historic sites only a taxi ride away.
One word of advice would be, take a room on the Golden Horn side, as night life can be a little loud and late on the Pera side, a minor quibble, can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Golden Horn side.
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer L
PinarKartalTimer, Genel Müdür at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah , and that you were pleased with the service and facilities. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel’s strategic location convenient. It is also encouraging for us that you appreciated the fine details in the hotel.
Thank you for recommending Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2015

The history of the Pera Palace is remarkable in and of itself, but to stay there it is hard not to relive it personally. From Ataturk to Agatha Christie and the Orient express...very fun! The rooms are impeccable and the staff is simply magnificent, from the front desk check in experience to the breakfast buffet and the servers. What is not to like even if you can only stay a couple of nights...well worth it!

Room Tip: Most definitely request an upper floor room with a view of the water.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jollymon22
Reviewed November 27, 2015 via mobile

What can I say about this hotel.......you have to put aside the room it's nothing spectacular ...... But it's clean ... Decent size ..... Great view ....,,No complaints ( and I've stayed at my fair share of hotels world wide) That said the history and the architecture of the hotel is out of this world. The lobby bar is likely the coolest bar in Istanbul and what pushed me over the edge is randomly walking into a 1950s band playing the greatest frank Sinatra and dean Martin songs . The usher moved me and my girlfriend right up front and had the greatest service and experience. I say this is a must for any "young couple" / solo traveler. Please make sure you stay a night to see the band .... It will be one of the highlights of your stay.

The hotel is in a great location..... Really cool resturant a and bar scene within a couple block radius. I will certainly be back pera palace !

Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AShantaram

Reviewed November 27, 2015

Staying at the Pera Palace was a treat from start to finish. You can't help but appreciate the historical significance of this marvelous hotel, their respect for the past and their attention to detail. Without exception the staff were most helpful, efficient and truly warm and friendly. We stayed there twice and on our return visit we felt like we were coming home. The location is great for restaurants and shopping. We highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor P

Reviewed November 25, 2015

It is a very luxurious hotel with courteous helpful staff. Breakfast was good. The room wasn't overly large but comfortable. It overlooked a daggy part of town. Location was good, only a short walk to Le Tunel, the metro and a tram to Taksim Square.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joy M
PinarKartalTimer, Genel Müdür at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah , and that you were pleased with the service and facilities and I am glad to hear that you found our hotel’s strategic location convenient.

I appreciate you recommending Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.