“The Mark of Istanbul”

Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah
Ranked #63 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
“The Mark of Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

The sheer history of this hotel will keep you enchanted during your stay in Istanbul. It's a true mark of the culture and background of how Istanbul has grown over the years. Location is perfect to explore the city from. Murat Eti and his team at the front do an amazing job to impress guests.

Stayed June 2014
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah, the pearl of Istanbul.
We very much appreciate your positive feedback regarding all our facilities and I would also like to thank you sincerely for your kind words regarding our colleagues.

We do hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Pınar Kartal Timer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Fantastic hotel, fantastic service. This historic little gem is as special as the guests it has hosted - from Jackie O to Agatha Christie. Make sure to have a drink at The Orient and try their tribute drink to Hemingway (apparently, it was his favorite drinking spot while he was in Istanbul).

One gripe however is that right across the street is a nightmarish view of an abandoned building littered with rubbish. We complained to the manager about it and was told to sit tight - she would talk to her boss about it and would have feedback for us when we returned from our walk. When we came back, there was no message, no acknowledgement. Really disappointing to think that she didnt take us and our complaint seriously. If you have a 5 star hotel, you should deliver 5 star service, and that means standing by your word and addressing any and all complaints or suggestions from your guests.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank itspepe
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah on Tripadvisor.

Your valuable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. I was therefore concerned to understand that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. I have noted all your comments and passed on to the concern managers to look into it and taking corrective action where required so that so that we exceed your expectations on your return. Thank you for bringing these incidents into my attention.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah.

Sincerely

Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

A very special hotel. Centre piece of the hotel is the second oldest lift in europe. If you stay there, they will take you up to your room in it. Oozes character. Agatha christie apparently stayed here plenty and I can see why. They even have a restaurant named after him.

Their spa is amazing. Their turkish hamman should not be missed.

Rooms are brilliant. Gorgeous hotel. Great staff. Great location. Expensive stay admittedly. Jumeirah hotels have a special hotel here. There is one hotel in Istanbul that can compete with this potentially - the Four Seasons, but I preferred this.

The view from our room was brilliant as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandeep B

Dear Guest,
I am so glad to have read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah. Allow me to thank you both for your time and for this in depth review of our property. It is truly encouraging to know that our efforts to bring about constant improvements in our services and facilities creates a positive experience for our guests. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team, they will be very appreciative. I hope that I will be able to meet you in person at your next visit to Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah.

Yours sincerely,

Tulsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our cruise line put us up in Pera Palace on the back end of our trip, and we could not have been more pleased. We stayed in room 609. Any of the rooms on the odd numbered side of the sixth floor have an amazing view of the Golden Horn and the city, with a lovely balcony. The sunsets were amazing!

The en suite in our room was outstanding, all marble with a beautiful shower room. And I mean an entire room dedicated to the shower and claw footed tub.

Our group had four rooms in all, with three on the second floor. The rooms on the even-numbered side of the second floor had a very poor view, but were truly beautiful and luxurious on the inside.

My son had a broken leg, and the service staff broke their legs making sure we had everything he needed.

The spread at breakfast is bountiful and beautiful, as are both the restaurant and the bar.

My husband and I received spa treatments, which were wonderful. We made use of the indoor pool and hot tub. Very relaxing.

I cannot say enough good things about the Pera Palace. The history, furnishings, service and accommodations are superb.

Room Tip: Higher up rooms with odd numbers are the best.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank soonertourist
Dear Guest ,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah.
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and acknowledge so many positive elements, and that you would choose to stay with us again. Your kind comments are highly appreciated.
Thank you once again, for your comments and for your support, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pera Place Hotel Jumeirah in the near future.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I loved this hotel as it is really like living in a palace. The decor is very antique great to take pictures. I liked the decor in the rooms but they are not very spacious. The front desk staff are very polite and friendly. I was very impressed by the knowledge of concierge staff who make my stay even more pleasant. Both the guys were able to recommend me sightseeing tours and restaurants etc to make my stay so special. I tried the spa on the last day and did the hammam experience at a short notice. The spa was clean and staff were good. I tried the garden cafe after dinner one night enjoying the open air atmosphere and enjoying a few drinks.

The bar located behind the lobby was a nice cozy place to have a few quiet drinks in peace and enjoying the amazing interiors of the hotel. I didn't have breakfast in the hotel as it was way too expensive and not included in my room tariff. The cake shop had nice sweets and desserts which are worth a try. I would definitely like to comeback and stay here again. The hotel is close to istiqlal street and other places for shopping and dining.

Room Tip: Good location close to estiqlal street and nightlife and restaurants around the corner
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Highflyer31
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah , and that you were pleased with the service and facilities as well as Pattiserie de Pera. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel’s strategic location convenient.

I appreciate you recommending Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We went to the pera palace hotel for breakfast (though stayed in a nearby hotel) to see the historic hotel and enjoy good food. The lobby is very ornate; gold decor and red velvet seats. The breakfast was a standard hot and cold buffet. The food was fine but nothing special and the service was not good. We were shocked when we receive the bill of 400 Lira for our family of four-- about $200 USD. A very pricey spot for a mediocre breakfast.

Stayed June 2014
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear guest ;
We are sorry to hear that we could not meet your satisfaction at breakfast. Your comment with service is shared with the concerned department. We would like to share with you that we are offering different types breakfast in our menu besides the buffet breakfast.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah.

Sincerely

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Jumeirah hotels are known to be good, but this was just as good as I expected. The food was phenomenal, the staff spoke good English, the beds were very comfortable. Additionally, I felt like I was in a safe, but centralized location. I enjoyed my stay at the Pera Palace and I suggest people stay here when you visit Turkey. Although it does not have the aethetic appeal of being on the Bosphorus like the Kempinski, it is far better than the 4 seasons which is old and run down.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ACM11231991
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah and that you were pleased with the food quality and other services and I am also glad to hear that you found our hotel’s strategic location convenient.
I appreciate you recommending Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again in the near future.

Pınar Kartal-Timer