“Comfortable and Convenient”
Review of Pera Palace Hotel

Pera Palace Hotel
Ranked #51 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We booked this hotel because of its convenient location (walking distance to city center of the new town, as well as the bridge to the old town) and it's rooftop bar view of the city of Istanbul, which did not disappoint. It is also located in the middle of a lot of restaurants and cute shops, right next to the main shopping boulevard.

My friend and I shared a twin room at Pera. The room is cozy (small-ish) but clean and comfortable. The staff speak perfect English and the service is attentive. The breakfast buffet has a wide range of selection, which we enjoyed.

All in all perfect for a trip with friend.

Room Tip: Pick a slightly bigger room with higher floor as the views on the lower floor is blocked, and the ro...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eva Y
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah , and that you were pleased with the service and facilities as well as your breakfast experience. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel’s strategic location convenient.
For your next stay I would be more than happy to reserve you one of our larger Pier Loti Suites with a stunning view of the Golden Horn
I appreciate you recommending Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Pınar Kartal-Timer

Write a ReviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Outstanding hotel, an historic landmark in Istanbul since Orient Express.Confortable and elegant rooms,adjacent to reception delicious french patisserie,nice restaurant Agatha,popular meeting spot an charming Orient bar,health club and spa including a surprising swimming pool.Try the room#411 where Agatha Christie stayed and it is stil preserved as when she was at the hotel.The service and location were a plus.A century later it is still a great place to stay in exotic Istanbul!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Guest ,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and acknowledge so many positive elements, and that you would choose to stay with us again. Your kind comments are highly appreciated.

Thank you once again, for your comments and for your support, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Jumeirah in the near future.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed at Pera Palace Hotel for one night as we wanted to stay in the "new" part of Istanbul. After Pera Palace, we moved on to visit some other parts of Turkey and then stayed in the old part of Istanbul (by the Blue Mosque) when we returned to experience that part of the city. Pera Palace was an ideal location for the newer part of Istanbul..it is close to Istiklal avenue--the famous pedestrian street with shopping, restaurants, bookstores, churches, music. The hotel is charming and full of history. The rooms are lovely with nice touches like heated bathroom floors! We had the famed "high tea" and it was very enjoyable. Unfortunately, we did not have a view of the golden horn but had a street view and perhaps because of this, it was noisy at night (we were on a lower floor as well). It was a weekend night and the music of what seemed to be a nearby club went on till past 3am or so it seemed. It was also unfortunate that after their recent renovation, they have not kept the Agatha Christie room as a museum room so we did not get to see it. Having grown up reading Agatha Christie, I was looking forward to seeing the room but it was occupied. Besides that, enjoyed our stay at this lovely hotel and the location was terrific.

Room Tip: street view rooms can be noisy (especially perhaps on lower floors)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah , and that you were pleased with the service and facilities as well as your high tea experience. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel’s strategic location convenient. Please except my apologies that we were not able to show you Agatha Christie’s room as it is a room that you can stay now as well as our other themed rooms such as the Greta Garbo and Ernest Hemingway Suites.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed for about a week in this hotel and it was very excellent experienced, the food is good, friendly staffs, clean room and its also easy to find the good food/cafe near the hotel and shopping spot :) The hotel transport from/to airport was very excellent, although not all driver can speak English but they are very friendly. Its recommended for you to have same experienced by staying on this hotel :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank banyoebening
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah , and that you were pleased with the service and facilities. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel’s strategic location convenient.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a beautiful historic hotel but sadly is let down by the attitude/training of some staff.On arriving for dinner I went for a drink in the bar and asked for a cocktail menu and was promptly told by a waitress it would be 10 minutes as they had a big wedding party in. I eventually received my cocktail served by an obviously disgruntled barman.I asked for my drink to be added to my restaurant bill and this appeared to be a major problem and I was 'escorted' to the Agatha Christie restaurant with my invoice for the drink by a young staff member who again apologised for the service due to the wedding! On arrival there was no host and only one lone waiter who was so stretched he was sweating! I was seated but left alone without any acknowlegement and eventually decided to leave and offered to pay for my cocktail. I was again taken up to the bar where further discussions took place and the bar manager came and asked me to give them another chance and I would have a 'magnificent' dining experience. This head barman was very apologetic and indeed try to put things right - more waiting staff appeared and he gave me a free glass of wine which was nice, but I would rather have had a better experience from the start. The food was mediocre at best. Management should ensure there are enough staff to cater for their patrons and as a customer I do not want to be told repeatedly that there is a big wedding on-that is not my concern!
I have visited many of the luxury hotels of the world but sadly my experience of the Pera Palace does not endure me to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BurySt_EdmundsTrevor

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah on Tripadvisor.
Your valuable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. I was therefore concerned to understand that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. I have noted all your comments and passed on to the concerned managers to look into it and taking corrective action where required so that so that we exceed your expectations on your return. Thank you for bringing these incidents into my attention.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Sincerely

Reviewed December 12, 2013

OH DEAR! The Pera Palace Hotel, its remarkable. We stayed at the Ernst Hemingway Suite for 5 unbelievable nights. The suite is large and beautifully decorated, loads of space, fresh and opulent. "The Hotel" ...there are some things in life one cannot describe and this is one of that occasion ...best to go and try it, ADD IT TO YOUR BUCKET LIST. We are not the biggest fans of elevators yet the Antique Elevator ( the highlight of the Hotel) felt safe...hey! if it has lasted this long it must be, right?. The food at the hotel is yet another experience all together, the dinner at the Orient Terrace was fine dining. The dining staff are very attentive, yet not in your face and the F&B Manager was exceptionally good. Lovely breakfast with a wide array of choices. The hotel staff are very courteous and gentle, they make you feel right at home. After 5 nights at the PERA PALACE ... the hotel will have to call State Security to drag you out ..you may never want to leave.

Room Tip: Like all major hotels make sure your credit card has a huge limit for a for a extra huge deposit on...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lancy C
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah. I am pleased to read that our team was able to manage your expectations and you had a wonderful holiday with us.

Your kind comment about our colleagues especially about the Restaurant team is highly appreciated. Positive reviews like yours will always serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times to all our guests. I have shared your comment with the team and they are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful holiday with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah.

Sincerely

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at the pera palace hotel. Upon check in we got a upgrade to the top most floor with a very nice view facing the sea. As our flight was late in the evening the receptionist Ahmet gave us a comp late check out until 4pm. After check out we yet got a chance to use the spa facility and we then decided to book for a hamam treatment. Our experience for the treatment was outstanding. Tame and Mahoud were very good with the treatment. We will surely return back soon.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good to know that the Spa and their facilities provided such added value for you.

I have shared your kind feedback with the rest of the team, they were equally delighted to know that their efforts are highly appreciated by our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, hopefully in the very near future.