“Great hotel”

Ranked #60 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
“Great hotel”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed in March 2013 a whole week for business. It was a really nice experience and the best food I have ever had in Turkey, was in this hotel! (and I have been in Turkey for the last 12 years)
A good location, near Taksim square. All the staff were very very friendly, very helpful and react positive on all questions. If I will go again to Istanbul, it will be sure in this hotel!

Only 1 remark, if you are a light sleeper, ask for a quiet room. I was on the 6th and top floor but just next to the staff room and I woke up every time they entered and walked out for their breaks. If you are a good sleeper, you will not notice but I did.
Also there are no nice views outside your room or balcony, only buildings you will see.

Room Tip: There are no nice views so don't bother to ask to be on the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ann R
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and acknowledge so many positive elements, and that you would choose to stay with us again. Your kind comments are highly appreciated.

Thank you once again, for your comments and for your support, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah in the near future. Please let me know if I can assist with your reservation at that time, or with any other arrangements.

Pınra Kartal-Timer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
izmir
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Pera Palace Hotel is one of the most amazing historical buildings on pera district . The historic hotel is one of the must see structure on the istiklal region . The hotel is the place where Agatha Christie has spend something like 10 days and after her stay decades later a secret key has been found and already displayed somewhere in the hotel.
The pera palace is perfectly renovated by Jumeirah conserving the historical scent and romantic atmosphere and also exterem comfort and high quality service is avaible like 100 years ago .
I recommend Pier Loti suite and Agatha Christie suites if you are lucky to find availibility .
For dinner or drink the velvet bar on the ground floor and dining room are fantastic which makes you feel like you are still in 19 th century .
Best attraction for Istanbul trip is 'Pera Palace' for anniversary and/or special days ....

Besides Pera Palace is one of most comfoortable Istanbul Hotels .

Room Tip: Pier Loti Suite or any corner room is perfect . Street side rooms are noisy
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, and that you were pleased with the service and facilities as well as your room. I also am glad to hear that you found our hotel’s strategic location convenient.

I appreciate you recommending Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Pera Palace is an excellent hotel in Istanbul. The concept itself (modern hotel but retaining historical elements) is very interesting. Staff is extremely professional, helpful and attentive to the slightest detail. Rooms are clean, well equipped and comfortable. Meeting room is good and food is one of the best in Istanbul. Compared to what you pay, you get an excellent service.

Room Tip: take the one with the view on the canal
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful recommendation on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that you appreciated the high level of guest service you experienced, and for which Jumeirah is renowned. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of the hotel, especially the rooms and the facilities, and the high level of service provided by our dedicated team of colleagues.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah in the near future, and to ensuring most enjoyable stays and fond memories with us.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Step back in time in this legendary hotel in Istanbul....You feel like sleeping in a museum.
This ancient hotel gives all the romance of old Istanbul and all the luxury of the modern life now. played host to the "monde of the belle-epoque" and was built for the purpose of hosting the passengers of the Orient Express and has an impressive list of guests that includes Ataturk, E.Hemingway, A. Christie, Hitchcock....a must to sleep here when visiting Istanbul. I like the café at the lobby where you a huge vitrine of all kind of delicious pastry accompanied with a great cup of aromatic coffee....

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the higher floors and on the back side!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vera007_13
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, and that you were pleased with the service and facilities.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Having read dreadful review of this hotel and the afternoon tea, I decided on the sneak to visit it with my husband whilst 'per chance' walking past. Not so easy. Google maps was wrong and I could not find the place. finally decided to find it by looking for beautiful buildings and there it was in its architectural splendor.

I decided to pop in for a pot of tea, because generally if you would like a non Turkish tea in Istanbul the quality is dire. If you are a serious tea lover, this place is for you. Firstly, the building is delightful. Art deco mixed with a few other styles but simply gorgeous. So it is worth a visit just to see the building!! Upon entering the hotel, nobody greeted or acknowledged us.Well for that alone I would never stay there. I am really funny about Jumeirah properties I think they buy/create beautiful buildings and just think they will attract people without actually providing service. However I walked into the sitting room and there a lovely lady called (?) Emem greeted us with a lovely cheerful smile. I said I would like to have tea and just enjoy the atmosphere. She was most welcoming and gave us a choice of where to sit; we chose the sitting room. We ordered teas and food from the cafe/restaurant outside. Portions were small but the food was delicious. The tea was fantastic and a nice break from walking around so much during the day! Emem, having understood I am of the literary variety, also recommended a local book. Sadly I lost the piece of paper she wrote the title on! I would love to have it...So great job to staff member Emem but as for the rest....need to go back to training! I understand there is a high tea service and this generally attracts mixed reviews. I would suggest avoiding that and going in to create your own tea experience

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your comments in Tripadvisor.
I am very glad to hear that you are happy with your experince in our hotel and particulary with Mrs.Emine from service team, since we believe that even for an historical hotel like the “Pearl of İstanbul”, it is the people what makes the difference.
The book she recommended to you is called Long White Cloud from author Buket Uzuner. We will be more than happy to deliver the book to you, if you can contact us and provide your address.

Pınar Kartal Timer
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We began a sixteen day trip through Turkey with three days at the Pera Palace. We ended with two nights at the Ciragan Palace. I had a few concerns about Pera before arriving, because reviews seemed to indicate that they have been going through some transitions. However, all of the wrinkles were worked out by the time we arrived. The hotel is beautiful - historic but not too "museum-like". Although we had a glitch when we arrived (only one of our top floor rooms was available), the manager made everything perfect by showing us an upgraded suite (huge) and offering it to us for the same price. Given the choice, I probably would have opted for our original room, as our traveling companions did get their top floor, back side of hotel room. The light and views were gorgeous. We had also read reviews complaining about the noise from local clubs. We did hear a very low base beat one night, but it was faint and we didn't lose any sleep. One of the hotel's best features is its location. Near Istiklal Caddesi, the pedestrian walking street, you have incredible cafes, shops and local culture right outside your door. A five minute walk takes you to the "tunnel", an underground funicular that takes you down the hill. From there you can catch a streetcar to all the historic sights. All so easy and fun. We never got tired of exploring the area around Pera Palace in the evenings. And it is very local, making it all the better. As for the staff, they were warm, welcoming, and incredibly helpful. We came to them with many questions, and they responded with even more answers. When we returned to Istanbul, we wished we were staying at Pera Palace instead of Ciragan Palace. Better location (with the exception of the Bosphorous view at Ciragan), and more personal service (a smaller, more boutique hotel feeling). It was a great hotel experience for us.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear ,

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Few should doubt that Istanbul is near the pinacle of vibrant cities ....a superb mix of youthful enthusiasm and historic magnificance , Pera Palace is a wonderful base , beautifully renovated with great unique features ...., lovely rooms and comfort , would not hesitate to stay here again , do not miss this great hotel returned to its best once more

Room Tip: Higher rooms can be lovely and have better views ... no spa sorry
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest ,

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that you appreciated the high level of guest service you experienced, and for which Jumeirah is renowned. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of the hotel, especially the rooms and the facilities, but I'm very sorry that we were unable to show you our Spa.