“Very good value for money”

Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah
Ranked #55 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed April 6, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Adrian L
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just returned from 5 nights here with my husband.Had a fabulous stay.Concierge was very helpful and the rest of the staff were all lovely.The bar was great and all the staff.The breakfast was amazing as we're the staff there.Had dinner in the Agatha restaurant one night and it was very nice although thought the wine was dearer than the food.Staff very pleasant.The room was lovely with a Golden Horn view on 6th floor.Amazing shower.All in all a great hotel with charm.Would love to go back sometime!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lily186543
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel and that you were particularly pleased with the service received.

Your words will not only motivate our colleagues, but inspire the entire team at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah to continue providing the best service experience.

I will be sure to share you kind feedback with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

A great hotel which absolutely nailed some of the key values that guests want;
Friendly staff, who smile all the time and are extraordinarily helpful, made the trip memorable.
Superb restaurant and bar- fantastic food and one of the best waiters i have ever been served by.
Spacious room, with an excellent bed and massive powerful shower, with a balcony view over the Golden horn.

The concierge team were excellent, organising restaurant meals, trips, taxis, recommending places to go. One of them even ran down the road to book a busy restaurant for me to get the last table. They could not have tried harder. It's nice to find staff that have excellent local knowledge that proves to be spot on every time.

The hotel is at the edge of the restaurant/hotel/nightlife district, yet superb double-glazing meant you had peace and quiet in the room.

The only (minor) downsides were that the Internet connection was poor, almost unusable. When 3g/telephone costs roaming in Turkey are high, it was a shame not to rely on the hotel connection. A minor irritation.

Absolutely recommend.

Room Tip: Room with a view is a must
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel and that you were particularly pleased with the service received and the attention to detail of our colleagues.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel has recently opened after a full restoration. Is nicely positioned in the Pera with views of golden horn. I was privileged to have a extra sized corner room with nice views however the only con was the nonstop traffic noise. The staff is very polite and helpful. At the time of booking the hotel was very favorably priced among the other top of the line hotels.
The only disadvantage of Istanbul in general is the nightmare traffic conditions day and night. It needs strong nerve to move around the various sites and restaurants.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good to know that the rooms and their facilities provided such added value for you.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, hopefully in the very near future.

Pınar Kartal-Timer

Reviewed March 1, 2013

...granted I was there for a 24 hour transit enroute to Africa. The hotel reflects the history and elegance of a grand era where I can imagine guests adorned like the characters from Downton Abbey having high tea and cocktails before dinner. When I travel I always choose the property with the greatest history and grandeur --all of the Raffles properties in Cambodia, Burma and Singapore, the Moana Hotel in Honolulu, the Oriental in Bangkok, The Milestone Hotel in London, etc. and this one is in that league of those grand dames although more buotique in size...so I ignored the highest rated hotels because my values don't include wanting the largest plasma screen TV or a Philippe Starck interior----as classic service and elegance never go out of style. From the moment I was picked up by the hotel luxury car, to the graciousness of the bellman, to riding in a 100 year old elevator, I felt as if I had entered an era where grace and elegance pervaded. The service was impeccable, with most of the staff knowing my name within minutes. The room, while small, by American standards, was glorious with its high ceilings and crown moldings, and classic but new furnishings with nods to the Orient Express (the hotel was the last stop on the train's route and Agatha Cristy and other writers wrote here) with 1920s style leather bound volumes of the room service menu. The hotel has been completely renovated so while there is the classic elegance there are Ipod/Iphone I-phone docks, and wireless internet. The french doors opened on to a small balcony sufficient for drinks and a romantic view of the Golden Horn and the Old City in the background. During my very short visit from 6 pm to 6 pm the next day, I soaked in the claw footed tub, dined at the Agatha Christie restaurant and had what must be one of the top ten best meals of my life and a full bodied Turkish Cabernet. The service was attentive, confident but not instrusive. I appropriately brought a spy novel to read over dinner...And I was attended to by both a male and female server who were eager to offer suggestions of their favorites. The dinner was leisurely , with three courses and when I left at 10:30 I was one of the last patrons to leave. I slept soundly for 14 hours on a comfortable bed with exquisite linen and a down pillow with a menu of pillow options based on preference. Since I had slept through breakfast and lunch, I had high tea in what looked like to be the original library room with soaring ceilings and a jazz pianist playing American Jazz standards. I felt as if I spent 24 dreamlike hours in another time and world and after the rat race of preparing to leave on my travels which have now taken me to Africa (with no female servers or executives to be seen) then on to Asia (ditto) , I needed the 24 hour respite. I am planning to fly through Istanbul again enroute back to the US from Asia and have booked a hamman treatment at the hotel and a private tour of the Old City so that my experience of Istanbul will be more than the Pera Palace Hotel. I must acknowledge some of the staff who took extraordinary measures...Emre, who when I said my suitcase locks were cut by US customs offered to go across the street and purchase new locks...I have only had this experience once when someone offered to leave the property to assist me and that was in Sydney at the Observatory Hotel. Irem, the front desk executive assisted me in moving rooms twice when the first one didn't have a tub and the second did have consistent internet. Rather than regarding me as difficult they went out of their way to please. Finally, I left my jacket in one of the rooms along with my passport in the pocket, and the front desk executive Seravent (not sure of spelling) found it and sent it to my room while I was having dinner and informed the maitre de at the restaurant. Good service is feeling valued and respected and that often come through when the staff are treated well and themselves respected either by guests or management and feel proud of the property that they represent. As a woman business owner, I was pleased to see the mix of men and women on the staff and noted that the general manager was also female. What is great service? When you can let your guard down and feel care for. They have gained a loyal guest in me because they earned it.

Room Tip: High floor room with balcony and view of the Golden Horn.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Susan H
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Susan H.,

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Staying at Pera Palace was the perfect choice for us for a visit to Istanbul.

We greatly appreciated all the comfort in the contemporary suites combined with tradition in a historic building. We stayed in a golden horn view room on the 5th floor, which was excellent. The suite was luxurious and even with more space than we had expected from the pictures. Very comfortable beds and convenient bathroom.

Take into account when you make your reservation that the 6th, 4th and 2nd floor are smoking and that there are no balconies on the 5th floor.

We enjoyed having tea one afternoon at the Pera Palace Saloon Tea Lounge, being part of the experience, and took advantage of the facilities included in the rate relaxing every day after the visits in the Turkish bath, steam bath and indoor swimming pool.

The service was first class and the location close to Galata Tower and in a very lively area, perfect for us.

All in all, we would not hesitate to stay again at Pera Palace!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank XenaTR

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I am also happy to hear that you have throughly enjoyed your whole stay. Thank you for the very positive feedback about our rooms, as well as the Spa.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

An oasis of comfort and calm close to the city centre. Excellent service and good facilities for city hotel but food and beverage offerings do not compare with local competition. There are several excellent local restaurants! Newer Istanbul hotels may be cheaper but do not have this history, style or elegance.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank climberrobert

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I am also happy to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your whole stay.
I also appreciate your comments about our Food & Beverage offerings that I've shared with my team.