“Beautiful hotel with excellent service”

Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah
Ranked #57 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This lovely hotel combines great history and decor with excellent attention for customer service by the hotel staff. The room was excellent and very contemporary and clean. The bar area is a really luxurious space and perfect to unwind. The breakfast was arguably he best breakfast I've ever had at a hotel. Stayed 4 nights and would thoroughly recommend!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rushetto
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate you recommending Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Pera Palace embraces us since the first minute we enter the astonishing hall. But the best is yet to come. Riding on the most ancient elevator in Europe still in use in surely an unforgetable experience. Charming premises with very cosy rooms and suites with an excellent combination between the charm of the antique and the confort of the modern. And all of this leveraged by historical presence from famous people like Hemingway, Agatha Christie and many others.

Room Tip: Try to choose a suite.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gustavo B
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good to know that the rooms and their facilities and our location provided such added value for you.

I have shared your kind feedback with the rest of the team, they were equally delighted to know that their efforts are highly appreciated by our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

With three days of intense business in and around Istanbul, i returned to the Pera Palace for the second time in a year. I used to stay at the Hyatt near Taksim Square, but realized that the Pera is better for many reasons. The basics of the hotel speak for itself. Beautifully restored turn of the century spaces, elegant and very functional rooms, are the starting points. But the service is what makes it stand out as a great hotel not just a great space. From check in to the doorman straightening my jacket collar as I walked out the door, it was really a treat. When i was up at 5 in the morning and wanted the gym opened before the offical time, it was opened with a smile. (yes i tip well but i've been to plenty of hotels where the smiles are not there and there service is with a shrug). Then there is the added plus plus of being located in a great walking neighborhood. Tons of great restaurants, cafes and stores are a short walk away. This is not touristy Istanbul, but the real city and its lively citizens with a most enoyable and diverse nightlife. Accross the street from the hotel (perfect for those late arrival nights) is a restuarant called Mezze which is outstanding and not priced as a tourist location. I can't wait to return and it's worth the $$$.

Room Tip: on the weekends better to be in the back of the building, to avoid weekend street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank freddyh86

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful recommendation on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that you appreciated the high level of guest service you experienced, and for which Jumeirah is renowned. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of the hotel, especially the rooms and the facilities, and the high level of service provided by our dedicated team of colleagues.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah in the near future, and to ensuring most enjoyable stays and fond memories with us.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If I go with the usual, great room, great building, history, I would guess I would repeat many reviewers, what made the difference on top of all is the staff, I felt so special, every one, porter, reception, concierge, lobby,they made us feel very special, I felt pampered.

I strayed at the hotel for 8 days, enjoyed, every moment, breakfast, afternoon tea, the concierge helped us in booking many special events, and guided us to some inspiring places, Istanbul, is a magical city, this hotel is a magical hotel for a magical city like Istanbul.

I would absolutely return if I can soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ohashem1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, and that you were pleased with the service and facilities as well as your breakfast experience. I also am glad to hear that you found our hotel’s strategic location convenient.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed with my family, including baby.
I stayed this hotel because of its history. I wanted to taste nostalgia of 19th century.
The facility of renewed hotel was excellent. Balance of old taste and renewed equipment was great. Old cafe and old elevator were so nice and so pretty.

But my most impressed thing was its staffs.
Hotel staffs were so professional that we could enjoy hotel life very much without any trouble.
But they were also very friendly and full of hospitality.
They cared my daughter very much. They remembered the name of my daughter and tried to talk to her anytime. (unfortunately, she was too shy to talk with them.)
That experience was great to us.
If I have chance to visit Istanbul again, I will choose this hotel again because of their hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank KKKKEN
PinarKartalTimer, General Manager at Pera Palace Hotel, Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Guest ,

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that you appreciated the high level of guest service you experienced, and for which Jumeirah is renowned. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of the hotel, especially the high level of service provided by our dedicated team of colleagues.

Pinar Kartal-Timer

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very nice hotel and very nice room, with all what we could expect of an hotel with this standing. Spa is as well very nice.
However we have been a bit disappointed by the quality of the services and the staff of the hotel. We have stayed in another hotel in Sultanahmet prior to this hotel, and we have preferred much more the other hotel due to their warm welcome + closer to the historical centre.
We have booked the room with a specific package (more expensive) including breakfast, teal in the hotel lounge, specific visit of the Attaturk museum room. When I have asked them confirmation that breakfast was indeed included, and they told me "no" and asked me to provide the proof that I have booked with this specific package. This is not acceptable, specially that booking was made under their website. I have complained to them and they sent me a letter to apologise, but services did not improve. They did not explain me how to proceed with the tea included into the package. Finally we did not get the visit of the Attaturk museum room.
When we went to the spa, there was,no more towels and locker was not working. The lady at the reception of the spa did not explain us anything about the spa facilities.
We have stayed there for 2 nights and at the the check out, I have realised that they haves already charged the first night on my credit card without my authorisation. I had then 2 invoices, 1 for each night. Why did they do that? Did they think I Will leave without paying? No clue...

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vincent F
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Very good location, very near to all sights and the market. All can be reached by a few minutes walking or by taxi.
The rooms are full equipped with the all comforts (espresso coffee machine is included!!!)
For the bathroom, i think that any comment will not be enough. It is perfect.
Except the rooms all hotel areas, restaurants, reception desk, lobby, bars, etc are more than very good. You feel that you live in a real palace and the hotel employees behave to you like as a king.
Perfect service.-