Avicenna Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$177
$119
Midtown Hotel(Istanbul)
$101
$262
$243
  • Pool
WOW Airport Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$67
$57
Armada Istanbul Old City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$127
  • Breakfast included
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$137
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
$691
HotelQuickly
1,127 results
All reviewsbritish airwaysblue mosquelovely hoteltea and coffeeboiled eggsbasement roomgrand bazaarwalking distanceold townhagia sophiastandard roombalconysultanahmetbosphorussightshearttram
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I was booked in for 3 nights from the 21st March. Found the hotel and staff to be brilliant. This was my second stay in Istanbul and choose the hotel based on reviews and I must admit I was not disappointed.

From checking in and the really warm greeting from Zayneb and the guys to the housekeeping staff who went hunting for an iron for my wife and sister ;)

The hotel is clean and the brekfast is more than enough to set you up for the day.

Will definitely be back.

Raza

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Avicenna, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Avicenna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear guest,

We are very glad to hear that you liked our hotel. We would like to thank you for sharing your opinions through the Trip Advisor.For us the most important thing is to give you the best experience of Istanbul. Our guest relation are very honored by your comment.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Booked this hotel for a 4 night stay from 20 March 2014 as part of a BA package. My second visit to this wonderful city so knew that this hotel is well located for all the many highlights on offer. Very warm welcome by helpful staff. Chose an 'elegance room' which is I'm told more spacious - it was fine, clean well equipped although I found the bed a little firm and rather low. But I did get 4 nights of good sleep. Had supper on my first night's stay and it was well average - nothing wrong with that but guess there's a limit to what they can do with so many restaurants locally. Food was ok and staff again helpful. Breakfast was good and set me up for the day.

My only note of concern is one of room security. Having been out for the day I was greeted by another guest whilst in my room around 5pm one afternoon - apparently he had got confused as to which room was his and Reception had re-programmed his card to give him access to my room. This should not happen. Then the following afternoon I had an unannounced visit from one of the reception staff and a housekeeper with absolutely no explanation for their visit and they quickly disappeared. Pity a small blot on an otherwise pleasant stay and yes I would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to elegance room - although mine did not overlook the Bosphurous
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul T
Avicenna, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Avicenna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed at the Avicenna Hotel for 10 days from 16th March until 26th March. The hotel was extremely clean, the staff were very polite and helpful at all times. The location is excellent a walking distance to most attractions e.g. Sultanahmet Square, the Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazaar etc. The hotel offers a wide range of breakfast and we also loved having the evening meals at the hotel. I would strongly recommend this hotel for anyone who wishes to visit Istanbul which is truly a wonderful City. A big thank you to all the staff for making our stay pleasant and comfortable !!!!!!!!!
Kirna & Jay from London

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Had a great short break here at the Avicenna hotel. The location is excellent - nearby to the Blue Mosque in the old city, great location to access the sites. The service was polite and efficient, front of house staff helpful. The rooms were clean and everything you would expect. Breakfast was varied and authentic. All round a very pleasant and enjoyable stay.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank pkonline84
AvicennaIstanbul, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Avicenna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed here last week 11th-15th March. We loved the hotel and the staff were very helpful and without being pushy gave us a few tips on local knowledge. The best thing we did was to book a full day trip with She Tours via the hotel for the very next morning (although we didn't really fancy an early start having just had one to get there!). Well worth doing it the first day though. The guide was great and we had a very full and enjoyable day, seeing many sights and even spending a couple of hours going up and down the Bosphorus which enabled us to orientate ourselves in this amazing city. 08:30-17:00 We thought it was excellent value for 70euros each as included a very nice lunch! We then mooched for the next few days with a good idea of what to see and when and where. We came at a good time as although cool weather, it was perfect for sightseeing and the sun was shining. We didn't eat at the rooftop restaurant as although it looked lovely it was so quiet and nobody else was there. Too early in the season I quess, but we did sit out on the little terrace balcony there and enjoy a glass of beer (or two)looking out to sea and the views were fantastic. The staff were all really polite and friendly and that goes for all the places we went to in Istanbul.
Our breakfasts were always good, and the hotel is really the prettiest little place inside and out, on a lovely cobbled street. Our room was very clean, the beds -(twin) comfy and the shower was very good, water hot enough without fiddling about with dials & knobs (room 213). We ate locally and although great food, it is more expensive than other parts of Istanbul-but then it is easy to get back to the Hotel. Try Babylonia Garden Restaurant and also the Kybele which is a little more of a walk but worth it. They all are aware of Trip Advisor!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glyndebournelover
Avicenna, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Avicenna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014