Arena Hotel
$114
  • Pool
$117
  • Restaurant
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$34
$118
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue mosquethe hotel staffturkeymajor attractionsgrand bazaarcharming hotelhagia sophiawithin walking distanceold townottoman styletram stationvery pleasant stayperfect locationmain sitesmin walkhippodromesultanahmet
Reviewed March 29, 2014

A visit to see the great Byzantine sights and relics in Istanbul has been on my wish list most of my life.
We wanted a family run hotel close to all the sights.
The Arena is fantastic. It is situated right by the old walls of the Hippodrome, in a little quiet cobble street. It took less than a few minutes walk to be at the Blue Mosque and all the sights.
The staff are very polite and very helpful.The breakfast is wonderful with hot and cold food prepared fresh every morning. We just had a large breakfast and didn't need any lunch.
Accommodation was a basement room which was fantastic value. We saw the other rooms which were far more luxurious but as we were out all day we did not need and kept the saved money for having a fantastic time seeing all ( most ) of the historic sights.
The Arena has a garden restaurant where we had breakfast ( and one dinner ) that has a retractable roof.
We would love to go back to Istanbul and will definitely stay again at the Arena.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget the basement rooms are fine and has everything that you need. If you want more luxury then there are wonderful rooms with views on the first and second floors.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
arenahotelistanbul, Guest Relations Manager at Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear James B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about Arena Hotel.

It is just wonderful reading your comments and knowing you had really enjoyed your experience at our hotel and had a great time in Istanbul. My entire team and I appreciate your feedback and recognition, we are all grateful for your kind words.

As you described so well, Arena Hotel is a family run & small hotel with a big heart where we are all about personalized service. Our core purpose is to make sure our guests have a unique experience at this sensational location and enjoy Istanbul to the fullest.

It will be a delight to welcome you back to our hotel when you make your next trip to Istanbul.

Once again, my sincere thanks and best regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have stayed 2 nights at the Arena just for short visit.
It was great to have only some minutes walk to all main
importants attractions.
However, the staff is so friendly and helpful with all kind
of questions..I had a great new renovated room with
a big shower - great!
My visit was staying like as a friend not as a guest.
I'll return, for sure, but only longer!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
arenahotelistanbul, Guest Relations Manager at Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Thailand16,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing at Trip Advisor. My team and I, appreciate the brief comment, which highlights the perfect location, the renovated room and the kindness of staff.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest. My team and I are very happy to hear you throughly enjoyed your experience with us. Many thanks for recognizing our dedication which is indeed the crux of our service philosophy.

Hope to host you once more at Arena Hotel.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The Arena was a weekend layover for a short sightseeing tour of Istanbul. The location was fantastic in that it was all nice walking distance to the main sites in the old city. The service was warm and helpful in allowing us to best leverage our time there. The best recommedation given us was the guide, his name was Servet Ugur and if you need a guide who is very knowledgable, patient, very articulate in English and just an absolute pleasure then he is your man. Thanks for a great weekend!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Paul V,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about Arena Hotel.

It was a great pleasure for my team and I to have you as our guests during that weekend. We are delighted you had a memorable experience. Heartfelt thanks for your kind words and recognition.

We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights. The hotel is so smart looking, clean and comfortable. The staff were amazing it felt like i was staying with my family. Thank you for being part of what was my best holiday ever in this amazing magical city.I would recommend this hotel every time. Perfect location just a few minutes walk to blue mosque and local tramway.Fantastic hotel....Thank you everybody at the arena hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
arenahotelistanbul, Guest Relations Manager at Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Londontownman11,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about Arena Hotel.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great experience. My team and I, we are all very excited about your wonderful comments, thank you for your distinction.

Please do not forget that Arena Hotel is your home away home .. When your travel brings you back to Istanbul, we would be happy to host you again at Arena Hotel.

Best wishes from Istanbul to London,

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed at Arena Hotel on Valentine’s Day.After check-in, a few minutes later we entered the room, a lady knocked the door and celebrated Valentine’s Day with chocolate covered strawberries. We felt really special. That was a very thoughtful service from Arena Hotel staff. I should also draw attention to the masseuse. We had an amazing experience in the massage room. One should try it for sure. The location of the hotel is 2 minutes of walking distance to the all historical places. The room is well decorated and was very clean. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. We had a dinner in the restaurant on Valentine’s Day. The menu was rich with a good price. The food in the plate was beautifully served and very delicious. The staff decorated the restaurant with hearts and candles. We give 10 points out of 10! If you like to feel yourself special, stay at Arena Hotel, they are very good at making you feel special. Absolutely recommended to everyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear CansuGermany,

On behalf of Arena Hotel team, we first would like to thank you for your time spent to write this special review, and for your recognition of our mission as Arena Hotel.

As Arena Hotel is a family owned business, and the family members are still running the business today, we give importance to make each guest feel at home by making them "feel special" with our special treatment.

We are so happy to hear that we managed to make you feel special.

Arena Hotel is your home away home, when your travel brings you back to Istanbul, we will be glad to host you once more..

Warmest Regards from Istanbul,