“Looking for the perfect Istanbul lodging? This is it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Alzer Hotel
Ranked #342 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Rome, New York, United States
“Looking for the perfect Istanbul lodging? This is it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

My three friends and I just spent a week in Istanbul at the Alzer Hotel. it is located right on the Hippodrome, and our night view was the Blue Mosque. Breathtaking! Tram lines are convenient, but it is the friendly, helpful staff that makes this site outstanding. Whether it is dinner, a day trip, shuttles to and from the airport, amenities, or a thousand other needs, they are there to make sure your stay is wonderful. I would never stay anywhere else. The Alzer is our home away from home!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Becky C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my child for 5 days, during my stay I was very pleased with the friendly staff. I also enjoyed the breakfast due to the fantastic scenery of the blue mosque and the surrounding area. I was also pleased with the management who made my child feel very welcome and comfortable. The transport facilities were very close to the hotel which was ideal for sightseeing. The rooms were clean and spacious. Overall I was very pleased with all aspects of the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 1Ash
Honiton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

An excellent stay! Lovely individual rooms, very clean, fantastic roof terrace breakfast and amazing location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank devonk8
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed in Alzer hotel (room 13) for the last 11 nights. It was quite a long stay but we loved Istanbul so much we didn't want to leave! The hotel is in a great location, the museum is right next door, with sultan ahmet (blue mosque) LITERALLY across the road. the haya sophia is also across the road and topaci palace and grand bazaar are walking distance. Towards the end of our trip, we were really low on cash so we walked EVERYWHERE (even to galata tower). The hotel is literally in the heart of sultan ahmet. Great views from the terrace and breakfast was lovely too. The staff were so friendly and had heaps of great tips about where to go and what to see and do!! It was wonderful coming back to our room at the end of an exhausting day, it really felt like home. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tourist2488
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I was shocked by the fact that during my stay the emergency exit was locked with a padlock. The situation is as follows. From each floor one has access to a fire escape staircase on the outside of the hotel building. This ladder can be used in case of fire in order to go down. The stairs are leading to the balcony on the first floor next to room 13. That is you really unlucky, because the balcony is completely locked by iron bars. There's a door in the fence, but there is this padlock. In case of fire you'll be caught in a trap and it is likely that there will be casualties. For this reason, the hotel is really a no-go facility. During my stay I have complained at the reception. Then I got a key from the lock. That is not really a good solution. I also felt uncomfortable with the idea that now in an emergency the lives of others had become dependent on my actions. My advice: only sleep in this hotel after the escape routes have been cleared again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank P1e2t3e4r5r
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Hotel is located just opposite to Blue Mosque, I had room with excellent view. Rooms are decorated in old style but nice and decent. As all hotels in Istanbul even this one is having thin walls, so you can hear everything. Breakfest is served on top floor with great view on sea and Sulhanamet area, breakfest selection is good. Be ready that you will be woken up by morning pray if you have window towards mosque.

Room Tip: Number 11 was in the fisrt floor with view to mosque