1,581 results
All reviewsrooftop terraceblue mosquecorner suitesultan's suiteapple tea and turkish delightmarmara seaold cityottoman stylehagia sophiasmall hotelturkeyarasta bazaarcharming hotelturkish bathtop floorwithin walking distancemajor sites
Reviewed November 8, 2017

We stayed at Dersaadet hotel for 6 nights during our visit to Istanbul in November 2017. The hotel is located close to all the important places (Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Museums, Grand Bazar, Spice Bazar etc) in Sultanahmet and you can go to most places on foot. Also, a very close tram stop for going to other places. We were received very warmly by the staff and were offered very nice apple tea. The staff were always accommodating and and helpful. They were upfront to ask your needs and any assistance for visiting places, offering maps and other important and relevant information. the room was well kept and nicely arranged everyday. Breakfast place was so nice since you have a very impressive view of sea, blue mosque and nice sun set. Staff serving the breakfast was great too. All in all, a very nice experience staying in this hotel. I saw many other properties prior to that but i made the decision of choosing this hotel quite quickly and it really was more than I had expected.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Umar_20
Reviewed October 15, 2017

I read that Dersaadet means "Abode of Felicity" and that seems like an apt name for this charming and hospitable hotel. From the moment we arrived, we were offered apple tea treated like honored guests and friends. One waiter was so nice that he brought us freshly baked cupcakes one evening as a gift. To help us get around, Ozan let us use an Istanbulcard which helped us use the Metro tram to get all around.

The location was wonderful, a short walk from the Blue Mosque and Hippodrome and also close to Hagia Sophia and the Cistern. Our room had two windows with views of the Marmara Sea. My wife just kept staring out the window. Istanbul is one of the world's great cities and Dersaadet is near the heart of it all. The view from the roof terrace, where you get breakfast has a great sea view on one side and the Blue Mosque on the other side.

We were sad that soon after we arrived,Turkey and the US stopped visa services, so this may cut off tourist and business visits for some time. We were lucky that we had arranged our e-visas in advance and arrived just before the problem. Hopefully, these diplomatic problems can be resolved soon.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a sea view room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2017

I stayed in the Sultan's Penthouse from 25-30Sep17. The room was perfect and exactly what I was hoping for - traditional Ottoman decor with all of the modern amenities (including bath salts and a pumice - very nice touches!). A sea view and large suite to lounge in were much appreciated.

The hotel is great, family run and incredibly personable. Each of the front desk gents were very friendly and helpful - even so polite as to stand up and greet and chat with me every time I approached heading out for the day and back. I was made to feel like family from the first moment until the last. The daily breakfast was substantial and just what I needed, with eggs / sausages / meats / cheeses / cereal / yogurt / fruit / coffee and tea.

The hotel location is perfect to see all of the Old City by foot. I was travelling alone and never once felt unsafe, even walking at night. The Blue Mosque / Hagia Sofia / Hippodrome / Basilica Cistern are all less than a 5 min walk away. Every night on my way back to the hotel I stopped at the Optimist Cafe along the Hippodrome for a glass or two of wine as the price was right and the owner is lovely. I had a Turkish Bath experience at Cagaloglu Hammam which was wonderful as well and only a 10 min walk from the hotel.

The hotel was also very helpful in offering to arrange day tours as well. I had already booked mine but they can take care of everything you need.

I will certainly recommend this property to anyone visiting Istanbul, and would stay again if I get the chance to visit this amazing city again.

Room Tip: The Sultan's Penthouse is worth the splurge!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We sent a week in Istanbul and it was fabulous. We decided to stay in old Town Istanbul. The Dersaadet Hotel was the perfect location to see it all. The Hotel was everything we needed and wanted in a home away from home. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay special. The rooms have lots of space, and extremely clean. I look forward to our next visit back to Turkey and Dersaadet Hotel. Thanks for a wonderful week!!!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2017

I love the view on the roof terrace very much. The room space is traditional one which is valuable be in. The breakfast is delicious. I love turkish tea(cay) a lot. The hosts were very kind and helpful guys. The hotel location is convenient to the seaside, blue mosque, and hygia sofya by walk.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple