1,580 results
All reviewsrooftop terraceblue mosquecorner suitesultan's suiteapple tea and turkish delightmarmara seaold cityottoman stylehagia sophiasmall hotelturkeyarasta bazaarcharming hotelturkish bathtop floorwithin walking distancemajor sites
Reviewed August 29, 2008

We have just returned from 5 days in Istanbul staying at the Oteli Desaardet. I booked the hotel for a short break for myself, my husband and our 15 yr old son after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor.We were definitely not disappointed.
The hotel was spotlessly clean (this is something that is always top of my list) and only a few minutes walk from the Blue Mosque.
What can I say about the amazing staff that has not already been said. They were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble, offering advice and looking after our every need. This was not just good service, it was genuine care as well.
The other highlight of the Desaardet is the roof terrace with the wonderful views of the Sea of Marmara and the beautiful Blue Mosque. This is where we had breakfast (very nice) and after a day walking around Istanbul it was the perfect place to wind down with an Efes, freshly squeezed orange juice and iced tea! I would have been quite happy spending a day on the terrace watching the boats, ships and Ocean Liners (the binoculars came in handy! ).
In the time we spent in Istanbul we still didn't manage to see everything, so we will have to return. When we do, we will have no hesitation in booking Oteli Desaardet. Thank you again to all the staff.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2008

This is a very good hotel in the area of Istanbul closest to all the main tourist sites. The rooms reflect the historical nature of the area and the view from the rooftop terrace where meals are taken is wonderful. Complementary airport transport for longer stays is a great help. What really makes your stay so enjoyable however, is the friendly and very helpful attitude of the staff.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We spent 3 nights in this family owned hotel from 24th to 27th July 2008.

It is located in the touristic area of Istanbul (Sultanhamet), behind the Blue Mosque (which you can admire from the terrace of the hotel) and very near to all major turistic attractions of Istanbul (Topkapy Palace, Aya Sofia, the Basilica Cisterns, the Arasta Bazar, etc.).

The building is a typical ottoman style building, very well maintained and carachteristic. The neighborhoods are not particularly exciting (a laundry, some undefined shops, bakery, etc) but they are safe and sufficiently quiet.

Inside, the Hotel is very very well maintained, incredibly clean and the general feeling is that the owner and the personnel really care about their “baby”.

With particular reference to the personnel, with no doubts we can say that they are absolutely efficient, never getting tired of trying to help you in whatever need you may have and always available to make your journey as much pleasant as possible. Therefore, we’d like to personally thank the front office personnel, the waiters, the maids and all the other workers of the hotel.

We had booked the Corner Suite, the photos of which are published in the hotel’s website. The room was very clean and quite big, even if the photos in the website make it a 30% better than how it really is. The bathroom was very functional (a lovely Jacuzzi and a wide range of beauty products) to make your stay more pleasant.

In general we would say that the Hotel is very worth to go, and you can with no doubts rank it among the 4 stars hotel. Of course, if you seek for the best, it would not satisfy you, but if you are looking for a price/quality balanced structure (190 Euro per night, the Suite) you may not be disappointed.

The only thing that disappointed me is the lack of a restaurant, but you can easily go out and find something to eat.

I would certainly recommend to my friends this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We spent July 3-July 7 at this charming boutique hotel. We were met at the airport by the hotel driver and then welcomed by the staff as if we were family. The location is within easy walk (5 minutes) of the major sites in the old town-Blue Mosque and Saint Sophia's- 15 minutes to the Grand Bazaar.
The rooms are somewhat old fashion in decor and are small but that is part of the charm of this establishment. I booked a triple in order to have extra space for the two of us. (The hotel took the extra bed out.) The other couple traveling with us booked a double room and were more than satisfied. The bed and bathroom were comfortable and very clean. The air conditioning worked like a charm. Breakfast (great selections) on the roof top provided a wonderful view of the Sea of Marmara and the Blue Mosque. Drinks under the canvas later in the day provided a respite from the hot Istanbul sun. The free use of a wireless laptop in the lobby was a pleasant surprise.
The key to this hotel's charm and comfort is the competent and professional staff. Umit at the front desk is considerate and kind as are the others who helped us during our stay. I made the arrangements directly by email. I used this site as well as several guide books as my references. I wonder why Rick Steves doesn't mention this hotel. I think he has missed the boat.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2008

This was my first time in Istanbul and I couldnt have stayed at a more friendly place. A car was sent to pick us from the airport which made things easy from the onset; then when we arrived at the hotel the check-in procedure was made easy and friendly.
The rooms were maybe smaller than we are used to in the US but they wwere cosy, clean and comfortable. The AC was perfect and made our room a welcome haven from the searing Istanbul heat whenever we came back 'home' to our room.
Breakfast on a terrace witha panoramic view of the Sea of Marmara and the islands in the distance.
The front desk staff were so helpful whenever we had a question. When I needed a tailor for a few adjustments to some trousers they actually walked me to the tailor, translated and they picked up the finished trousers later while I went on an excursion in Itsanbul.
Sincerely the guys in the hotel are so friendly, and most of them speak great English which makes things so much simpler. I just cant wait for my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple