“Wonderful!”

Ranked #11 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at the Dersaadet Hotel on my recent trip to Istanbul. I cannot say enough good things about the friendly staff. Each one made me feel welcome. The quaint decor was charming, the room very clean and comfortable. The location of this hotel is excellent - a very short walk to the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, Topkapi Palace, Hippodrome. I could see the Marmara sea from my room and the rooftop terrace has a wonderful view. I only wish I could have stayed here longer and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stay in dozens of hotels around the world and so I dont write reviews as they all tend to seem the same. The Dersaadet is different though. It is a comfortable well appointed hotel with very friendly staff who are very helpful. We arrived quite late but were greeted and checked in very smoothly. In fact during our stay everyone went out of their way to be helpful, which made our stay very enjoyable. The breakfast room at the top of the hotel is ideal and the view from the bedroom window of the Marmara Sea was great. The location of the hotel is ideal - easy walking distance to the sghts such as Aya Sofia and Topkapi Palace, and to the trams. Definitely I will select this hotel again when I return to Istanbul

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The location of the hotel was is excellent - in walking distance to the major sites in a quiet street. Room small but nicely furnished and bed very comfortable and the bathroom spotless. The staff was very friendly and helpful with good recommendations. Nice breakfast on the roof top with a beautiful view. Will stay again during my next trip to Istanbul.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and stayed at Hotel Dersaadet for a few days in January after finishing up a business trip in Dubai. The hotel is located in superb location that is in close proximity to all of the prominent sites. Staff members such as Busra, Umit and Mehmet were all very welcoming. We really appreciated Busra's advice as we planned our excursions each morning during the breakfasts that we enjoyed on the rooftop terrace. Her guidance on finding places that are somewhat off the beaten path such as the Suleymaniye Hamam was tremendously helpful.

My only disappointment was having to pay for a taxi back to the airport (45 TL) when I had thought that a shuttle service was included with the reservation. (A free ride is only provided for the trip from the airport to the hotel.) However, taxis are relatively inexpensive in Istanbul, so this wasn't a big deal.

I should point out that Dersaadet is not a modern, five star hotel like I where stayed in Dubai. However, it is very comfortable, relaxing and homely which is exactly what I needed. I would definitely stay here again on future visits to Istanbul.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G L
paris
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have just returned from a trip to Istanbul where I stayed at the Dersaadet hotel with 2 of my grown-up children. Our whole family had stayed there 4 years ago and loved it and the hotel met all of the expectations we held from great memories of our former trip. The staff is so friendly and goes out of their way to make one feel at home. The hotel is spotlessly clean, charming and I love the Ottoman style decor.The beds are really comfortable. Breakfast on the rooftop terrace is also very special with its views of the minarets of the Mosquée Bleue and the sea. The location is perfect - we walked nearly everywhere. Just thinking of the Derssadet Hotel makes me want to go to Istanbul. I cannot wait for my next trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank baudricourt
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Throughout reservation process, to warm welcome on arrival and during our too short stay, we were impressed with "over the top" services at Dersaadet. Pleasant, professional staff are their greatest asset, providing invaluable guest assistance and tips in getting around. They have thought of every detail and comfort. Treated to upgrade & amenities (low season) for our special celebration. Thank you, Busra, for an Istanbul experience we will not forget. We highly recommend Dersaadet.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank AsahiR
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Dersaadet is a small property located a few steps away from the Blue Mosque. However, its the old world charm that wins you over when as soon as you step into the hotel. The rooms, though small, are well kept. However, it is the staff that makes your stay memorable. From placing fruits at your disposal to informing you about local transport, they are forever willing to help. The breakfast offerings are great and one can fall in love with their small, idyllic terrace cafe with views of the sea and the minarets of the Blue Mosque.
I definitely recommend this place to someone who wants to stay close to history and experience great hospitality.

Room Tip: We stayed in the corner suite and found the size of the room just apt.