“All around superior experience”
Review of Nena Hotel

Nena Hotel
Ranked #67 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed May 30, 2013

A great hotel with lots of luxury touches you'll love. We stayed in room with a mini-balcony facing the street so that was lucky for us. Tasteful light-colored design, amazingly comfortable bed, great breakfast (with a breathtaking view), and a little more space than most Istanbul hotel rooms- it costs a bit more than average but it's worth it. Perfect location for tourists too- 5 minute walk to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, the waterfront, or the Grand Bazaar.

Our air conditioning wasn't working for a little while and repairing it made a bit of a mess. It would have been nice to have received a little discount or something b/c of that. It was the only thing that prevented me from going 5/5 instead of 4/5.

Room Tip: Street view if possible
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GunnersMcG

Reviewed May 27, 2013

What did I like? Everything about it! The Hotel Nena was spectacular. Everything from the views, service, hospitality, maid service, hotel design, the managers, Ali (the waiter) in the terrace restaurant, the proximity to all of the main attractions in Istanbul. Everything from the Hagia Sophia, The Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar, Topkopia, Underground Cistern, Bosphrous Seaside, Bosphorus Straight. All within walking distance. The Metro comes in handy if you have had enough walking. The Hotel Nena is beautiful! Very clean. I was alone and stayed in the ventilation draft view, which means no view really but the room was so nice it didn't even matter. All you had to do was go to the terrace to see gorgeous views of Istanbul. The room had a safe, air conditioning, mini bar, nice shampoos and soaps. I can't say enough of how much I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Nena. I would definitely want to stay there again if I ever go back. You won't be disappointed. The service there was outstanding. Very friendly and helpful in every way. What a wonderful experience. Istanbul has so much history. It is something everyone should experience. I give the Hotel Nena a 10 out of 10! 10 being the best! Hotel Nena made me feel safe and welcome. I highly recommend this hotel. I am a very satisfied customer. The Hotel Nena exceeded my expectations. I love beautiful design and comfort. This place had it all. The Managers are ourstanding! They helped me get a refund on my car rental because Istanbul is just too busy to drive in. Their food was delicious. I hope to return again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have just spent four nights in Hotel Nena with my wife Elena and our daughters and we have loved our choice (related to my wife nickname ... NENA !). . A truly magnificent stay in as warm place, clean friendly at walking distance from Blu Mosque and Santa Sofia. Manager and staff always at our disposal, ready to help and sort out any needs. I reccomend it greatly.

Room Tip: Higher floor (4th) will offer You an amazing view of Blue Mosque and Santa Sofia directly from Your...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

A fabulous boutique hotel to stay in, super location, within walking distance to all the main sights and the tram. Very welcoming and friendly, we felt so at home, beautiful rooms, immaculately clean.Delicious breakfast, with lots of choice served everyday, we also ate dinner in the hotel most evenings as the food was so good, compliments to the chef, and of course the view is magnificant, very relaxing and enjoyable!
Many thanks to Ergin Akar and all the hotel staff for their helpfulness and friendlyness, we so thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will most definitely return soon. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Fabulous location. Walking distance to all major sights. Superb breakfast and very clean room. Highly recommend this hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Our visit to Istanbul was very memorable thanks to the manager. Excellent service!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kathp6255
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Hotel Nena is truly like a home - the staff were very gracious, warm, and unlike the other hotel we stayed at in Istanbul (the Levni) they remembered our faces and names from the first day, and always had our room key ready as soon as they saw us approaching the reception desk. The breakfast was superb, with changes to the fresh fruits and freshly cooked dishes daily. The pastries were lovely, and I especially loved the simit (sesame ring pastries). The view from the breakfast dining room is unsurpassed: no lovelier way to start the day than to look out to the Blue Mosque and the sea and mountain views beyond. We would stay here again and recommend it to all our family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Superb location with short walking distance to most important sights! Superb views from terrace by day and night. Friendly and very helpful staff! Nice rooms with all amenities. Excellent breakfast. Frankly, I can't say enough nice things about this boutique hotel and staff. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Looking at one question and category, I don't know if it had a fitness center, but unnecessary with the exercise one gets visiting important sites.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family