“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #83 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Australia
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Wow what a wonderful hotel
We arrive in the morning and the manager insisted that we go upstairs to the roof top to have a free breakfast first the food was fabulous, and the view was amazing over looking the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia and the Bospourus, we stayed for a week and every meal we had was very nice, after breakfast he took us out to a beautiful courtyard and gave us all the brochures we would need and offered to book tours etc..
The room was clean, and big enough, the staff went out of there way to be helpful
The position was perfect as you could walk to most things in 5 to 10 mins and the tram was right around the corner and very easy to use to get to the other areas, the Grand Bazzar in 5 min as also the Mosque and Cistern close by,
The only odd thing was I could not get one taxi to take me back to the hotel why I don’t know but their were other guest having the same problem, but then taxis are a horror in Istanbul thank goodness for the trams, 
Highly Recommend this Hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank belinda1203

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Since that my wife and I first time visited Istanbul and we have experience from all over Europe, we can strongly recommend this fantastic hotel. Their staff and management were not friendly but more than that. There was no question or our guest wish which was not provided to us with such fantastic, friendly way that we are speechless. There service and their team make this place where we will return definitely and our next time in Istanbul will be in Nena. They fantastic staff will provide you with all safety advice on taxi service and on any other issue which will make your stay there unforgettable with great food .

Room Tip: Junior suite with fantastic vie on Aja Sofia.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Hotel Nena is a fantastic hotel.i felt like I was home.....it wasn't my first time in Istanbul(I go there every other month)but my experience was a completely different one from what I am used to.extremely polite staff who are always and ever ready to help, wonderful management also- a management interested in how their customers feel is very rare in that town.....more than enough to eat for breakfast and once I ate their sea food platter,I stopped going to the fish market.i can't say how nice my experience was on this site because the page will not be enough for me.....it is also very central that my taxi fare came down incredibly from what I used to spend on taxis (from hotels in same sultan hamlet)........I just found myself a home in Istanbul

Room Tip: All of their rooms are fantastic! I stayed in a single room and I loved it........once u step into d...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
wichita falls
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Great location--2 or 3 minutes walk to the city's public transportation, and walking distance to all those sights. Nice room, very friendly staff. It's nice to sit in the garden and sip some tea after a long day of sight seeing.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank drql
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We spent 3 nights here. the hotel was lovely and clean, with really helpful staff.
We ate in the hotel restaurant several times- my brother said he had the best kebab he has ever eaten. Good value food and accommodation, and a great position near the metro.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Have just had a return visit to Hotel Nena and would highly recommend the hotel to anyone travelling to the beautiful city of Istanbul . The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome, great breakfast with an amazing view from the restaurant - even when snowing! -,and rooms are comfortable with everything you need. Looking forward to a third visit in the new year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank chrismc_12
usa
Reviewed December 28, 2012

So, we will add our review to all the glowing reviews below. Fantastic location with a view I will never tire of, great breakfast, wonderful staff. And tonight we enjoyed an excellent seabass dinner cooked perfectly by Chef Erhan and great service by Waiter Ali. It is a great place to stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple