“One of the best!”

Nena Hotel
Ranked #78 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
“One of the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is one of the best hotel because they really care about their guests.
When I posted my original review of this hotel, they promptly contacted me and

1. contacted the taxi company for the matter
2. SENT me the taxi fee by Air Mail !!!

Amazing! I strongly recommend this hotel. They really care about their guests!

The hotel is very clean and workers are very helpful and friendly.
The restaurant has a great view. I strongly recommend this hotel!

*** My original post on Oct.29/2012 ***
"hotel is good but…"
It is a good hotel. Workers are very friendly and helpful. My room wasn't spacious but clean and hot shower. I recommend this hotel!

One thing I want to mention is... the taxi. I asked a taxi at the front desk. The front desk told me the price to the ATV airport is 40-45 lira. But the taxi charged me 60. That degrades the experience of the Turkey.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Staying at Hotel Nena was such a treat! The staff was so friendly and helpful; we really appreciated that. They also upgraded us to a beautiful room with a balcony, and the most comfortable bed we had experienced in Turkey.
On the top floor of the hotel is their restaurant, with a balcony and views to die for! Breakfast was an enormous spread and the young lady who worked up there was a delight. In the afternoon, they offered snack service that day, with sandwiches, veggies, and much more. Would certainly recommend this hotel!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is a great choice if you are running the Istanbul marathon. It was 7mins walk to the busses taking you to the start line and 10mins walk from the finishing line. The hotel provided coffee and sandwich for early breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Nena Hotel for two nights with my boyfriend. Cannot praise this hotel enough location is fantastic... Blue Mosque is only about a 5 minute walk and the Grand Bazaar also close! Restaurants & bars also very close! The staff at Nena were the best hotel staff I have come across in my past 8 weeks travelling around Europe, very friendly & helpful. Upon our arrival the man from reception sat down with us for about five minutes with maps showed us all the places to visit , opening times ect made our stay enjoyable. Lovely rooms , comfy beds. Breakfast was fantastic! So much variety & very tasty. The restaurant is also great get a table outside and you have a great view of the Blue Mosque! We had dinner at Nena rooftop delicious food, great service & reasonably priced for a four star hotel. Overall fantastic place !!!

• Stayed October 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Fantastic hotel. From the moment of arrival the staff were extremely helpful and polite. Rooms were kept very clean and excellent breakfasts. The central location made exploring the old city very easy. Thanks Ergin Akar for helping to make this a birthday weekend to fondly remember. Hope to be back one day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just returned from a trip which started in Istanbul for five nights at Hotel Nena.
Arriving jet lagged and having never been to Istanbul I was a little disoriented. From the moment we arrived the staff took such great care to welcome us and make us feel at home. They spent time getting us oriented to the city, helping us find a terrific private guide, turning us on to great restaurants and shopping.

There was never a detail that was too much for them to attend to.

The location of the hotel could not be better. The rooms are comfortable, the breakfast outstanding. The view every morning of the roof tops is so spectacular.

This hotel is for people who enjoy a small boutique hotel that makes each and every guest feel special and at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed for five nights in late August during very hot and humid weather. I found a review of the delightful Hotel Nena and booked directly with the hotel. What a find. Very reasonably priced with breakfast included. Highly recommend it to anyone visiting Istanbul. All emailed questions were answered promptly and courteously by Mehmet who mans the reception desk. He organised transfers from the airport and to the cruise ship, a Bosphorus Cruise and a Whirling Dervishes show. In addition, he allowed me to eat the wonderful Turkish Delight at reception every time I passed by!! I have just finished the boxes of almond Turkish Delight we brought home with us :-) Mehmet also recommended a leather wholesaler and I will think of him every time I wear my new black leather coat next winter. All reception staff and the General Manager were very professional and keen to help in any way that they could.

Hotel Nena's location is superb as it is within walking distance of all the tourist attractions and many restaurants. Hotel Nena's breakfasts were wonderful, with a wide array of delicacies from which to choose. The staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. The view of the Blue Mosque and the Bosphorus from the terrace was magnificent by day and by night. Ali the drink waiter was highly entertaining.

Our western facing room was spotlessly clean.
Thank you.