All reviewsmarmara seablue mosqueold citywalking distancetopkapi palaceevery morningexcellent locationbreakfast was excellentsultanahmet areaasian sideexcellent staymain attractionsmessimrluggage
Reviewed April 22, 2009

We had two rooms in this hotel, and are overall very happy with our stay. Location is perfect for sight seeing, decor is nice, and the hotel is well kept. Note that the rooms are quite small, and that the beds are rather short (and narrow). The hotel restaurant and breakfast buffet are nice, but there is no room service.

The staff were universally friendly, but not always efficient. Our suite was cleaned every day during breakfast, while the ground floor room never was cleaned before 4 PM, and even then only after complaining. Similiarly, coffee set was missing from one of the rooms at check in, and was only delivered after numerous complaints over two days. Replenishment of the coffee also required multiple reminders, even when the cups had been cleaned and the minibar restocked. I feel somewhat bad writing this since the employees were so nice and some of them were obviously hard-working. Maybe they are understaffed?

Summing up, the hotel itself and its location is very good, and the price is right.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
BWThePresidentHotel, Genel Müdür at Best Western Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the hotel management and all the hotel staff, I would like to say that we are always honoured to welcome you to “ BEST WESTERN CITADEL HOTEL’’. I would like to say that our highest priority is to provide you with a memorable and pleasant experience each time you stay in our hotel. We will do our best in order to serve your needs in the way that will meet and exceed your expectations. Being a BEST WESTERN Hotel which is a part of the BEST WESTERN Hotels’ chain, in order to maintain our quality of service and products, our guests’ satisfaction is taken into consideration immediately.

Thank you for your kindly feedback, thank you for your attention and giving time to write a feedback at tripadvisor. We are honored.

We appreciate for giving us an opportunity of hosting you. We look forward your next arrival, we are pleased & honored serving you.

Reviewed April 22, 2009

We used this hotel for a post-cruise visit. It is within moderate walking distance of the Blue Mosque and the palace. Another couple who had cruised with us also stayed there.

The small hotel was spotlessly clean, and the staff was extraordinarily helpful. We arrived hours before check-in time, and although they could not make a room available early, they stored our luggage and treated us to a drink and snack at the cafe. They helped us find the sights and shopping we needed , and arranged for honest, inexpensive cab rides to the Spice Bazaar, a recommended restaurant, and the airport. There are several restaurants and shops within an easy walk. We chose to eat in the hotel restaurant and found the service attentive and the food excellent.

I have difficulty walking, and they had no elevator, so they upgraded us to a first floor suite with a balcony at no extra charge, and without us asking for it. Their cafe and restaurant overlooked the Sea of Marmara. During one of the days we stayed there, there was a wedding reception, but there was no bothersome noise associated with it. They have a computer with high speed internet and a printer in a niche off the lobby available for use of the guests, and I used it several times without waiting.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tpmfoodie

Reviewed April 14, 2009

We spent three nights in Hotel Citadel. We came to Istanbul after % nights stay in Lisbon.
I can recommend the hotel to everybody, as it is very clean, nicely decorated and has a very good location. It is located at the big road directly at the Marmara sea ( Sahil Jaddasi). The road itself has much traffic, but the windows of the rooms are so good isolated that you cannot hear much of it if the windows are closed. The view from the rooms facing to the sea are so nice, We were offered a nice triple room in the ground floor with a very nice view of the sea at no extra price. The beds were clean and the bathroom was clean and nice. The room had an Electronic safebox and Free WIFI internet was available in the room and lobby.the continental breakfast was tastefull and fresh, and the guy who was managing the restaurant was very nice and friendly so I cannot complaint about anything.
The hotel staff was always very friendly and helpful, they even went out of their way to help me find my brand new video camera ( that I had left behind on the front seat of a taxi bringing us back to the hotel from a shopping mall ) by calling everywhere they thought would be of help, checking the hidden camera of the hotel to find the taxi's licence plate number... but unfortunately they could not find the taxi and the taxi driver did not bring it back to us despite tha fact that he knew the hotel and I had put my address and telephone number in it and worst of all when I talked to the police and a number of taxi drivers they told us that you will nearly never get your camera back if you forget it in a taxi !!!! so it's a rule not an exception !!! so I lost all my films and pictures I had taken during our trip :((
The old part of Istanbul can be reached by foot in 5 minutes...
The hotel was a real good choice and I recommend it to anyone traveling to Istanbul and looks for a nice hotel at a reasonable price.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Be aware that this city has many thieves and be very careful about your belongings and keep your passport and monies in the safebox of the hotel and if you take a taxi always ask for a signed reciept of your payment with the number of the taxi and the name of the driver .
unfortunately I was told this when it was too late :((

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Sorush

An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed February 24, 2009

• Stayed: February 2009

Reviewed December 1, 2008

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
BWThePresidentHotel, Ön Büro Müdürü at Best Western Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013