Lowest prices for your stay
$78
$108
Priceline
$77
Hotels.com$108
Vio.com
Destinia.com$280
All reviews blue mosque hagia sophia excellent location roof terrace turkey walking distance clean rooms free internet old town sea view family room tourist attractions public transport receptionist sultanhamet mr
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2019

We arrived at the hotel 5 hours earlier than the official check-in time (14:00) and we were pleasantly surprised to learn that our room was already ready and we could check in without any additional charge. But apart from this pleasant gesture and the excellent location of the hotel, I'm afraid I can't tell anything good about the hotel. The room that we were brought in was on a ground floor, with no elevation from the ground and no solar light and it was no way near those photos that you see posted here by the hotel. The only windows that it had were looking at the neglected, half-dark inner courtyard, with old kitchen equipment laying around. Even only this made the room dark and depressing. We requested change of the room but receptionist told us that the hotel was full. But the problems of the hotel do not end with just the room itself. It continues with the dining area on the terrace, the corridors etc. Every little detail (the stains of water leaks from the ceilings, the rust on metal surfaces, the yellow stains in the flush toilet, the stains on armchairs, old furniture, dirty windows of the terrace, the dust on the shelves, broken or worn interior details etc.) shows that neither the manager nor the owner of the hotel is interested in creating a pleasant experience for its visitors. The hotel in general has an unkempt and unclean appearance. You have the impression that 20 years ago it was fine but afterwards no one bothered to keep it properly maintained and everything is left the same with just basic and minimal maintenance. And it is a pity with such a great location.
As for the breakfast that was included - the selection and variety of food was normal, however nothing was tasty. I think because of the cheap quality of the products. The fruit juices were awful - there were 2 choices (orange and presumably cherry or some other red fruit) and both were so bad I could not drink even one gulp.
We paid 84$ per night and it was definitely waste of money. I wouldn't even pay 40$ for this hotel. Shame and pity

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mary_Japaridze
Reviewed May 1, 2019

We were fortunate enough to get a great view room (both times) with a great bed and a marvelous bath. The shower was floored with a foot friendly tile which made bating easy and safe.

The breakfast was the best we had in Turkey and served in a glassed in restaurant many would pay just for the view. Watching the freighter traffic on the Bosporus and the pilot boats picking and dropping pilots was unbelievable.

Just up the street a few blocks was our favorite kebab restaurant: open air with all of the foot traffic heading to the Sultanahmet Mosque passing by our table.

Ahmet the Amazing (our desk captain) flawlessly arranged everything for us from Airport Transfers to storing luggage to interceding with street vendors. His English was perfect and greatly appreciated. Thank you Ahmet!

Room tip: Don't know about other rooms, but #320 was incredible!
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles M
Ibrahim Guneri, General Manager at Azade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2021

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at our hotel.
I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a very good stay with us and you appreciate your experience.
I have also shared your very kind comments with my staff in order to make all our colleagues pleased about your feedback.

Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 5 days while in Istanbul. The staff were wonderful and
the breakfast room had great views of the city. Clean room and reception. A great location to start your tours of the city.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 100brucebrown

Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

Thank you for a great stay in Istambul. Very helpful and friendly staff. Rooms nice clean and big. Baby friendly. Breakfast excellent variety. Good location to reach all the main tourist attractions . Had a wonderful stay. Thank you

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Christiane Thie... T

Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

The Hotel is right in the heart of Istanbul. Close to every single tourist site. Tram station is very close just a few minutes walk. Staff is helpful and they know how to treat their guests. Buffet breakfast is nice and with a lovely view of Blue Mosque. Blue Mosque is just 5 minutes walk from hotel. I spent 11 nights in Azade. Rooms were clean, Spacious and quite. Store and Resturants are walking distance away. Either you like authentic turkish food or fast food like Mcdonalds, Burgerking etc all are in walking distances. Would definitely recommend Azade if you have a budget trip and want to stay close to all attractions. Wish you happy holidays

Cheers

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple