“Istanbul”

Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & Spa
Ranked #275 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The hotel is convenient and only 5 minute walk to Sultanahmet where the blue mosque ,Hagia Sophia and the hippodrome are located. Mr. Guen,the manager us very polite and very helpful the rooms are small but you get everything you need. The plus side is the spa, the fitness center and the floor in the basement, and the massage service. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the higher floor and the one in the back of the hotel.the front rooms are noisy with...
Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & Spa

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with My familly from 17 till 21 december 2013 at the best western antea palace spa resort, the hotel is just 4 min walking to famous Sultanahmet, grand bazaar, an the hagia sophia, the staff of the hotel, was really nice, and helpfull with everything, and i mean everything especially ALL of the staff, use of turkish hamam, sauna, spa, and the fittness hall is free everyday from 10 till 10, the rooms are very nice and clean, and classfull, what you not expected from the outside, food is also great, especially the lambs şish kebap,our childeren and we had a great time dear, Thanks to everybody.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have been in Best Western Hotel second time and evrythins was perferct.My family like hotel very much,all the staffs were very helpfull,

I would like to write about arkadaşş,arkadaşşş Mr Guvan was fery helpfull and avalible for anythings and anytime.He is very professional,very frendly,He helped me for everythings and all staffs were good.

Thank you for all and I come back to İstanbul and come back to Best Western Antea Palace Hotel..

Room Tip: Third floor rooms very good view..sea view..
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I had a one-day layover in Istanbul and could have gotten a free room through my airline but I wanted to stay in the same hotel as my friend who met me in Istanbul. He had received a great deal through on online website so I went with him to the Antea Palace Hotel to see if they would give me a deal as well. They had a posted nightly rate that was well beyond my budget (but still worth it in my opinion). I explained my situation and they gave me a rate that was equivalent to deals from the major online booking agents. I was so grateful. They even upgraded both my friend and I to a "deluxe" room as a courtesy.

The hotel is clean, quiet, and extremely beautiful. I want to say "boutique", though I'm not sure that's technically correct. Gorgeous winding staircase. Painted ceilings. Beautiful interior balconies. Spacious and elegant restaurant area. Wonderful sauna and pool facilities. Spa available. Adorable "old fashioned" style elevator. Spacious and comfortable rooms. Huge bathroom. The shower had tremendous water pressure and heat, something I needed after landing in Istanbul to find a very unexpected snow blizzard!

Cultural note: please don't mistake the serious and professional look on the faces of the Turkish staff for a lack of friendliness. They are indeed kind and helpful, yet professional. Get to know them before judging lack of smiles and giggles for lack of friendliness.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Any time we needed a taxi they called one and it was there within two minutes. Any questions we had about local places or transport they were able to answer. There were no issues with credit cards or currencies. I needed a taxi to the airport and to check out at 4am and they were available and on top of things.

Expect to pay about 6 Turkish Lyra for a taxi from the hotel to the "main street" near the Hagia Sophia or near the Grand Bazaar (that's less than $3). I didn't have a chance to use the spa facilities or to enjoy the free breakfast but my friend said that both were great!

All in all I literally can't wait to visit Istanbul again (when the weather is much better) and I will purposefully try to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Ercan U, Manager at Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Our Guest,
Thank you very much, I was very glad to see your kind,possitive comment that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay in istanbul.

We are trying our best to improve our service to make our guest's accommodations a superior experience.

Again,thank you for taking time to write a review, We hope we will have the pleasure of being your host again in your future trips to Istanbul.If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at info@hotelanteapalace.com

Ercan ULU

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Excellent hotel n very friendly staff.... Dey were very helpful... Very central location on d Asian side.They gave us a very gud room wid a very nice view of d sea... The only thing dat was average was the breakfast....bt dat does not overshadow the service and hotel....... The room we're clean and tidy and comfortable.... Very easy 2 gt der frm airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were looking for a hotel in the old city. The location of this hotel is great. The rooftop bar area has a spectacle view especially at sunset and is atmospheric when the call to prayer occurs and voices are heard from all directions.

One staff member in reception was very helpful. Another, less so. Mixed feelings here.

The breakfast buffet was terrific, highly recommended.
Do not miss the Hammam experience in the comfort and safety of your own hotel. Wife and husband may bathe together. Enjoy having water thrown at you!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Quite central - about a 10 min walk to the Blue Mosque.
Staff are friendly and accommodating. Easy to get to from the airport. Super terrace on teh roof with good views. Breakfast - good choice.
Rooms on the west side of the hotel are on the side of the school so be prepared for the sound of the kids and the football game from 7.45 am. There is a gootball pitch opposite the hotel too and gasmes go on till late.
Pool in the spa is tiny - allowing about 3 strokes.
Bed was comfortable. Rooms are not that soundproof.
All in all a good experience

Room Tip: Avoind rooms facing the school playground.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple