A really nice hotel in an authentic Istanbul neighborhood just a short walk from restaurants and some major tourist sites.
Our room was a family room with a double bed and two twins. Great for traveling with our two kids. Unfortunately, this room is in the front of the hotel and directly across from a very actively-used soccer field. Games go until midnight every night and people linger and make quite a bit of noise until 1am-ish. It was loud enough that I opted for ear plugs in order to sleep, so light sleepers beware.
The breakfast is the largest spread I have ever seen in a hotel free buffet. Pastries, juices, eggs, cereal, meats, cheeses, veggies, olives, yogurt, etc. A good mix of local and typical European fare. We also ate light dinners a couple of nights on the rooftop terrace restaurant. The food was good, though a little expensive. The real draw is the nice view.
The staff works hard to be helpful and courteous, generally providing a much more upscale vibe than the hotel's price indicates.
My wife used the spa and was happy with the overall result. I used the hotel's hammom on my own and really enjoyed it. The kids used the pool every day. The facilities are clean and well maintained.
A couple of tips: if you're staying on a weekend, go over to the pathway along the sea and experience a weekend with the local families. You'll be surprised at the filth, but the scene is fun and lively. Also, we ate several times at restaurants just around the corner from the hotel and found them to be of high quality and a great value. Much more low key then the restaurants near the tourist sites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & SPA has gone through major renovations and completely renewed after listening to the feedback given on TripAdvisor. Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & SPA is supremely well located for the historical sites and sounds of old city, offering relaxing and unforgettable experience. The hotel has convenient access to the Ataturk Airport and is close to all main historical attractions, such as Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia Museum, Hippodrome, Topkapi Palace and more. Offering superior comfort, hotel is beautifully decorated, blending the traditional Turkish and modern design, enhancing the atmosphere of bar and a luxurious Spa. Here, guests can enjoy a relaxing dip in the hotel's swimming pool, a rejuvenating Traditional Turkish Hammam and relax in the steam room. This can be followed with a delightful meal at one of the hotel's fine eateries. The Antea Palace Terrace restaurant offers views over the Princes Islands and the sea of Marmara, contemporary decor and tempting menu. Hotel rooms are artfully decorated in a postmodern Ottoman and Turkish theme, complete with contemporary amenities such as high speed wireless internet access and a satellite LCD TV, hygienic and orthopedic beds, bathrobes for added comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Antea Palace Hotel Istanbul
- Best Western Antea Palace Hotel And Spa
- Best Western Hotel Istanbul
- Best Western Istanbul
- Istanbul Best Western