Location - perfect as all historical places are walking distance 10-15 mins.
Room - initially for one night we were put in a room which was clearly not what I had booked and informed reception immediately at the check-in. However, next day after persistence we were moved to deluxe room which was large, had a balcony with a nice view of the Marmara Sea. And decent size which is essential when you have an active 3 yr old.
Staff - all very friendly and helpful from reception through room service.
Rooftop - if the weather is bright and sunny rooftop is an excellent place to spend sometime even have a meal.
Breakfast - reasonable spread for everyone (veg & non-veg). Must say the juice was the most diluted I have ever had in a hotel. Once it was just water which was coming our the vending machine with no juice at all. Go for Cherry juice due to low demand that's least diluted ;-)
Transfers - they have a strange rule if you book via central Best Western website they provide one way transfer (that was smooth btw) but if you book direct with the hotel then round trip. Sounds crazy to me but it is what is, I did not haggle. [One way taxi cost 40TL.]
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & SPA has gone through major renovations and completely renewed after listening to the feedback given on TripAdvisor. Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & SPA is supremely well located for the historical sites and sounds of old city, offering relaxing and unforgettable experience. The hotel has convenient access to the Ataturk Airport and is close to all main historical attractions, such as Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia Museum, Hippodrome, Topkapi Palace and more. Offering superior comfort, hotel is beautifully decorated, blending the traditional Turkish and modern design, enhancing the atmosphere of bar and a luxurious Spa. Here, guests can enjoy a relaxing dip in the hotel's swimming pool, a rejuvenating Traditional Turkish Hammam and relax in the steam room. This can be followed with a delightful meal at one of the hotel's fine eateries. The Antea Palace Terrace restaurant offers views over the Princes Islands and the sea of Marmara, contemporary decor and tempting menu. Hotel rooms are artfully decorated in a postmodern Ottoman and Turkish theme, complete with contemporary amenities such as high speed wireless internet access and a satellite LCD TV, hygienic and orthopedic beds, bathrobes for added comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Antea Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Antea Palace Hotel Istanbul
- Best Western Antea Palace Hotel And Spa
- Best Western Hotel Istanbul
- Best Western Istanbul
- Istanbul Best Western