We recently spent a long weekend in Turkey and were very happy with our stay in Best Western. As our trip was planned in the last minute, we could not find many decent deals - we booked this one as we got a good deal for an international chain in a nice locality
The only negative I would say is that you could spend some time searching for the hotel for the first time you are visiting the place. While it is 5 mins away from the Blue Mosque, the approach could be confusing, especially if you are relying on google maps. We did take about 30 mins. to find the hotel, but after we did it was a really good experience.
The rooms although not very spacious, were comfortable and very well maintained. Most employees could speak English, which is a big advantage in Istanbul. The breakfast was pretty decent. The views from the terrace are spectacular. I would also recommend the Turkish Hamam in the hotel -the rates are very reasonable and I was very impressed with the service.
Once you have checked-in at the hotel, the bell boy/receptionist will give directions to the blue mosque which is only 5 mins. away. The best part about visiting Istanbul is that most of the places can be reached on T1 Tram and hence is relatively stress-free. There is no hassle of changing metros or walking for a long distance to reach the nearest metro, which you may experience in other European cities.
We got back to the hotel very late on most of the nights and we felt very safe during the 5-7 min walk from the tram stop to the hotel,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & SPA has gone through major renovations and completely renewed after listening to the feedback given on TripAdvisor. Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & SPA is supremely well located for the historical sites and sounds of old city, offering relaxing and unforgettable experience. The hotel has convenient access to the Ataturk Airport and is close to all main historical attractions, such as Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia Museum, Hippodrome, Topkapi Palace and more. Offering superior comfort, hotel is beautifully decorated, blending the traditional Turkish and modern design, enhancing the atmosphere of bar and a luxurious Spa. Here, guests can enjoy a relaxing dip in the hotel's swimming pool, a rejuvenating Traditional Turkish Hammam and relax in the steam room. This can be followed with a delightful meal at one of the hotel's fine eateries. The Antea Palace Terrace restaurant offers views over the Princes Islands and the sea of Marmara, contemporary decor and tempting menu. Hotel rooms are artfully decorated in a postmodern Ottoman and Turkish theme, complete with contemporary amenities such as high speed wireless internet access and a satellite LCD TV, hygienic and orthopedic beds, bathrobes for added comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Antea Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Antea Palace Hotel Istanbul
- Best Western Antea Palace Hotel And Spa
- Best Western Hotel Istanbul
- Best Western Istanbul
- Istanbul Best Western