“Good breakfast , but mediocre hotel”

BEST WESTERN Eresin Taxim
Ranked #573 of 1,178 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a arguably well situated hotel which is worth the typical Best Western rates. It is clean and tastfully furnished. On the 7th floor, I could still hear music at 2 PM in the morning on a Friday night, with my double-pane window closed. To make things worse, the thermostad was malfunctioning and the room was feezing!

It was a full house when we stayed there. The staff were obviously overwhelmed by the tour groups. We stayed at The President Best Western in Sultanameht (Old city) Area earlier. This one is clearly not on the same level, in everyway!

By the way, a massive construction has just started on the Taxim Square. It is beginning to be a mess, we can see that. Maybe you should re-consider the area in the next little while. Stay in the old city instead.

On the goodside, we loved the freshly prepared breakfast buffet!

Room Tip: The higher the quieter, and the rooms are more likely to be renovated recently.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BPfromTO

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Nice hotel , conveniently situated near Taxim square , next to cafes and restaurants. The rooms are quite small but cozy and nicely decorated. Although the bed was ok , when I asked for an extra pillow , I was sadly told that there were no extra pillows because the hotel was full!!!! I asked again the next day , but I got the same answer.That was a problem for me.
Breakfast was rich , in the terrace on 11th floor.
If you need to stay near Taxim , I think its a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is the first time I stayed at an Eresin Hotel in Istanbul. The location is great as there are many shops and restaurants in the area and about 5-7 min walk from the main Istiklal Shopping District. I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly the front desk service personnel were, and well organized in checking all of 5 of us at the same time. They also booked a tour for the dinner cruise on the Bosphoros that was due to pick us up in about 1 hour from the time we checked in! Rooms were very clean, and there was no noise, so I slept well. Buffet breakfast was free, and it was good, but not spectacular in comparison to Nippon and Larespark Hotels. The only issue we had were the elevators. You could fit only 3, and if you had luggage it was a tight fit! During breakfast time, the elevators were too slow, and it was because people were checking out in the morning at the same time! I definitely recommend they get their elevators fixed. Also, no internet svc available except in the lobby. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel if you want to stay in the Taksim area where it's quiet, safe, and close to the shopping area and restaurants. The staff are friendly and English-speaking, so that is a plus!

Room Tip: Stay on the 6th floor and above.....
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DeeAnn18
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is a good business hotel to stay in Istanbul. As others have mentioned, one of its highlights is its location, being just a two minute walk from Taksim Square.
The room was clean and spacious enough, the bathroom could have been a wee bit larger, but not annoyingly small. Make sure to get a room in the main the wing of the hotel where the rooms are bigger and the windows give you views of Istanbul.
A colleague got a room on the side wing where the rooms are much smaller and the windows open out into the other people’s apartment windows!!
The staff was always pleasant and helpful and that’s a big plus from my side. I had the buffet breakfast at the roof top restaurant for a couple of days, and nothing you can complain about there either.
I read comments about the food being repetitive, which is true, but hey if you really want to variety you shouldn’t be eating in the hotel restaurant when you have the whole of Istanbul to chose from !

Room Tip: make sure you get a room in the main wing where the rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2012

this hotel is in perfect location walking distance to every where but specially is the staff all of them were nice to us but my favourite was sedat zorlu unbeleivably smily face every time I saw him in the reception desk and helpful to us . If I ever go back to istanbul I will most certainly stay in this Hotel. Thanks to everybody.

Room Tip: rooms higher level are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank setavo
mubis, Manager at BEST WESTERN Eresin Taxim, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Our valued Guest,
Thank you so much for the nice comments that you made about our stuff and BW Eresin Taxim Hotel. I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed all aspects of your stay at our hotel. I do hope to see you at BW Eresin Taxim in the future again.
Best regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I went in november 2011 with my family and the hotel was kind enough to alter our rooms giving us two next to each other, the breakfast was ok and service was also ok ... the only problem i guess was that the window in my room was broken from the top as in it had been taken off its hinges so the heater was always not enough though ididnt realise until the last day which was after 4 nights of stay also minus points for low roof and tiny lift often we had to go down by stairs as it was always full lots of muslims there last i went swimming pool is compleately useless and all facilities are there just for namesake i guess. not good if u plan to spend a lot of time in the hotel though the location of the hotel is awesome though lots of beggers nearby taxim square in walking distance with metro station there and grocery nearby thats good

Room Tip: - room triple is awesome
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had read all the reviews of the hotel on tripadvisor before booking the hotel...The location of the hotel is good, the room that i had requested for - triple room was also good. The beds were comfortable, the a/c cooled properly, only the bathroom was small but manageable. The only let down was the breakfast. Some of the food was served cold (scrambled eggs), and wish we could have got some hot omelettes for breakfast.

Overall a good experience at the hotel...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mansi17
mubis, Manager at BEST WESTERN Eresin Taxim, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comment about BW Eresin Taxim Hotel. I have taken a note of your concern regarding the cold scrambled egg at the breakfast ,the point has been addressed with concerned department head to arrange for the required needs to prevent other guests from being similar disappointment.
We look forward to have you at BW Eresin Taxim soon,