“Great hotel and location”

GLK PREMIER Acropol Suites & Spa
Ranked #62 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Los Angeles, California
“Great hotel and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

A lovely hotel in a fabulous location
Very clean and our room had a great balcony overlooking the blue mosque and aya sophia
Ozhan the manager, pinar the receptionist were awesome
The exceptional service we received was from Sergio and ilhan. They worked such long hours, but always smiled and were so gracious and hospitable. I cannot find words to describle how nice they were.
Also Sergio made me the best cappuccino everday
The best location in istanbul

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
acropol_suites, Manager at GLK PREMIER Acropol Suites & Spa, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Der Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I was delighted to read your great feedback regarding your stay with us. We always try our very best to make guests welcome and comfortable during their stay with us. I have already passed on your kind comments on to Pınar, Sevgi and Ilhan and the rest of the team.We hope to welcome you again at Best Western Premier Acropol Suites & Spa

Kind Regards
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
cape town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I went to Istanbul from Cape Town, South Africa. We wanted to stay in Sultanahmet even though we had read on Trip Advisor that we would be hassled by carpet salesmen and conned by taxi drivers! Well we were never hassled or conned. Turkish people are wonderfully hospitable, hard working and polite. The hotel manager at Acropol was a perfect example of this
We arrived in Istanbul at 6am after an overnight flight and were met at the airport by the hotel driver. When we booked on the Best Western web site we selected to pay for this service as we knew we would be tired after all night on the plane. The drive to the hotel took about 20 minutes.
When we checked in, we were offered a complimentary breakfast and the use of the shower and spa to freshen up before our day of exploring. Our room was not available so early, but our bags were stored safely and we went off to explore
When we got back to the hotel about 2pm, our room was ready and we had been upgraded to a family suite. Our suite was beautifully furnished with a polished wood floor, high quality furniture and a comfortable bed. The room overlooked the old street of Sultanahmet and it was lovely to watch daily life go on below us.
The hotel is small - about 24 suites in all I think. All rooms are now suites after a recent renovation of the hotel. Our booking included breakfast every day - a European/ continental style buffet with fruit and cold meats and you could order eggs any way you liked them. We ate outside on the wrap around balcony and watched the street wake up - no one hassled you at the table
The staff was most pleasant and helpful. They were very knowledgeable of the area and the transport systems and were able to tell us how to get where we wanted to go.
Location wise we were a 5-8 minute walk from Sultanahmet Square where you catch the trams to other areas of Istanbul. We were about -7 minutes from the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque and maybe 12 minutes from the wonderful Topkapi palace. We wanted to stay in Sultanahmet as we figured on our first day in Istanbul after the flight we could wander round and see the Basilica Cistern and explore the old streets but be close enough to walk back to our hotel if we were tired.
On our third morning I saw there were no "Simits" on the buffet - like a pretzel made from soft bread with sesame seeds - they are sold on the streets and I thought they were delicious. I mentioned it to the waiter who said "I will buy for you" and 5 minutes later he arrived back at our table with a bag of fresh simits - great service
After we left the hotel and went on to Venice, I noticed I had left a face cream at the Acropol Hotel. I emailed the manager who replied that they had found my cream and were happy to forward it on for me - great service again.
I would highly recommend this hotel for location, service, beautiful rooms and fair value

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
acropol_suites, Manager at GLK PREMIER Acropol Suites & Spa, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Dear Guest, I was very pleased to read your recent review and that we exceeded your expectations in every way. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay experience and found the service and facilities in the hotel to the highest standard. I have passed on your feedback to the whole team here at the hotel who I am very proud of for consistently providing the best service.

I hope that you will come and stay in our hotel again

Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. Fantastic location, wonderful ambience day and night. Close to all the important sites and city centre. Room (junior suite) and bathroom were very comfortable. Service and staff are excellent. Special mention must be made of staff member Ilhan who went out of his way to offer us excellent service. Our stay in this hotel just made our stay in Instanbul perfect.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest ,Thank you very much for your kind review of Best Western Premier Acropol Suites & Spa. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your feedback to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Kind Regards
Carmel, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed here and at the #1 rated Amira for 4 days each in August with our family of four. I have to say, I enjoyed this hotel as much if not more than the Amira. The location is arguably better (closer to everything), the views from top floors are unbeatable, and the rooms and particulary the bathrooms were exceptional. I have to say I was not sure I would like it since I am a light sleeper and this is smack dab in the middle of the most happening part of town, but wow, the rooms are quiet and comfortable. We had a one bedroom suite which is great for a family of four. It included a deck with a view from the Blue Mosque to the Hagia Sofia. Stunning at night.

The price was great. Breakfast is good, not exceptional (here the Amira wins). The best casual restaraunts in Istanbul are across the street and arond the corner (the Aloran and the Albura Kathisma). The Turkish spa downstairs is actually a very nice touch.

If you want a great value centrally located, this would be my choice. Certainly better than the ranking would let on.

Room Tip: Request a top floor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
acropol_suites, Manager at GLK PREMIER Acropol Suites & Spa, responded to this review, October 15, 2011
Dera Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Best Western Premier Acropol Suites & Spa .We also thank you for your thoughts about the TA ratings about our hotel. I have passed on your kind words on to the team here and I look forward to Welcome you again in our hotel

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

Spent 2 nights here, were upgraded to Executive Suite (501) which had a fabulous view. Really started off the trip in the right way. Staff was very nice--helpful when my husband left his sunglasses in a taxi as we were leaving the hotel. Breakfast was just ok--this was the only slight disappointment. Also the hotel restaurant was not quite as good as the restaurant across the street Alburaka. But we would definitely recommend the Acropol as an excellent value for the money.

Room Tip: definitely worth the extra money for the larger rooms on the top floor
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest , We ,thank you for your very kind review about your recent stay with us.
Your review is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon
We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Best Western Premeir Acropol Suites & Spa on your next visit to Istanbul !

Ozhan OZLU,
Lisse, the Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

The hotel is in a lively street with lots of restaurants with rooftop terraces. In the rooms you can hardly hear this because of the dubble glazing. And at 12 o'clock everything is quiet anyway. All the attractions are within walking distance.
We had the hotel arrange our transfer from and to airport and some guided tours and everything was organised as we requested. Staff is very friendly. If I would go back to Istanbul I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
acropol_suites, Manager at GLK PREMIER Acropol Suites & Spa, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your review, The hotel's friendly staff works tirelessly to meet all of our guests needs to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay in the hotel.
We will be glad to accommodate you again with all hospitality of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Acropol Suites & Spa, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey.

Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Acropol for a week in early September. The staff was friendly, helpful, and spoke English. We reserved an Executive Suite on the 5th floor (top floor). We were in room 505 which is the smallest of the Executive Suites, but was worth it for the wonderful views of the Sea of Marmara and Hagia Sophia and also for the spacious bathroom.

The room was nicely furnished and very clean. The free wifi worked great and the satellite TV included English channels such as CNN and BBC. The closet was spacious and included an in-room safe. Two bottles of complimentary water were provided daily. The room was individually temperature controlled and the A/C worked great!

The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were fluffy. Note that no top sheet was provided, but instead a thin blanket. The windows were well soundproofed for keeping out the street noise and the early morning call to prayer never woke us up during the week (and I’m a light sleeper). Overall, we slept great here except for the night some noisy guests across the hall returned at 1:00 AM talking loudly in the hall and then slamming their door shut. Fortunately, this only happened once during the week.

The bathroom was very clean, spacious, and well-equipped. Fresh towels and wash clothes were provided daily and were of good quality. Also, toiletries were replenished daily. The water pressure in the shower was great and we never ran out of hot water.

The breakfast buffet was very good and included Turkish items as well as cold meats, cheeses, breads, fresh fruit, and cereal. They will also cook you eggs to order (omelet, fried, scrambled, etc.). For beverages, coffee, tea, juice, and water were provided.

We enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay at Acropol again if we return to Istanbul.

Room Tip: Executive Suites are worth the extra for the wonderful views and balcony
Dear Guest ,
Firstly, We thank you for your review about your recent stay in Best Western Premier Acropol Suites & Spa. Nice to hear that you have satisfied and ejoyed your stay, It is our aim that the services and standarts remain high at all the times. We hope you will come back and see us again. .

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact

Best Regards