My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Acropol for a week in early September. The staff was friendly, helpful, and spoke English. We reserved an Executive Suite on the 5th floor (top floor). We were in room 505 which is the smallest of the Executive Suites, but was worth it for the wonderful views of the Sea of Marmara and Hagia Sophia and also for the spacious bathroom.
The room was nicely furnished and very clean. The free wifi worked great and the satellite TV included English channels such as CNN and BBC. The closet was spacious and included an in-room safe. Two bottles of complimentary water were provided daily. The room was individually temperature controlled and the A/C worked great!
The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were fluffy. Note that no top sheet was provided, but instead a thin blanket. The windows were well soundproofed for keeping out the street noise and the early morning call to prayer never woke us up during the week (and I’m a light sleeper). Overall, we slept great here except for the night some noisy guests across the hall returned at 1:00 AM talking loudly in the hall and then slamming their door shut. Fortunately, this only happened once during the week.
The bathroom was very clean, spacious, and well-equipped. Fresh towels and wash clothes were provided daily and were of good quality. Also, toiletries were replenished daily. The water pressure in the shower was great and we never ran out of hot water.
The breakfast buffet was very good and included Turkish items as well as cold meats, cheeses, breads, fresh fruit, and cereal. They will also cook you eggs to order (omelet, fried, scrambled, etc.). For beverages, coffee, tea, juice, and water were provided.
We enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay at Acropol again if we return to Istanbul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully renovated historical mansion, this luxury hotel comprises a total of 22 Suites spread over 5 floors and located in the centre of Sultanahmet facing the Marmara Sea, Hagia Sophia, and Blue Mosque. 24-hour reception desk, concierge,currency exchange facility, laundry services and lift. There is also an air-conditioned a la carte restaurant, conference room. Complimentary Internet access (WLAN) as well as Health Club, Fitness Center, Turkish Hamam, Steam Room, Sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your GLK PREMIER Acropol Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Acropol Suites And Spa
- Best Western Premier Acropol Hotel Istanbul
- Best Western Istanbul
- Istanbul Best Western