“Stay here only if you have to stay next to the airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel

Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel
Ranked #217 of 1,114 Hotels in Istanbul
zen in nowhere
“Stay here only if you have to stay next to the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

It's quite obvious that you'll stay here only if you have to stay right next to the airport. The hotel is quite close to the airport, and is handy if you don't want to risk getting caught up with the notorious Istanbul traffic on your way to the airport. We had a one night stop and we decided to stay here to give ourselves some rest as well an opportunity to see some of the city. We did go out to the city on a couple of occasions and it didn't seem that far to get to. That was because we used the hotel shuttle to go, and during off-peak hours it was quite accessible. But on the way back, it wasn't as nice and we spend close to an hour to get back from the city. The hotel itself is nice, on the ocean, with a nice pool. Nothing great, but makes the tick on almost everything you'd need in an above average hotel. The rooms were OK, but I was disappointed that they had closed down the Club lounge.

Room Tip: Chose from an airport view to ocean view - I was in an ocean view and liked it. But the rooms have n...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Renaissance_Polat, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and the time you spent for the feedback.

I am sorry to hear that during your stay our Club Launge was closed for the renovation. If I may, I would just like to add that until renovation process, we give the same VİP service and the food and bevegare items in our main launge area.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in İstanbul.

gogun.sever@polatholding.com - Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This fine hotel could be an excellent one with just a little more flexibly good service from staff. The location is great, the food outstanding, and the rooms superb, but an added warm touch from personnel would have made it a perfect stay.

Room Tip: Highee floors provide a superb view of the Bosphorus
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this review and for the nice comments. I am glad that we have met your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Excellent location with close proximity to the airport.
Concierge lounge made the stay perfect. Front desk was helpful with currency exchange and local area information.

Great service and clean comfy hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Renaissance_Polat, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous comments, we are delighted that we met your requirements and you enjoyed your stay with us in Istanbul.

Regards,

Gilze
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Renaissance Polat is one of those big hotels that are abundant in this area of Istanbul close to the airport.
Check-in is smooth and quick.
Lifts to the room have to activated with the room card which does not always work as it should be.
The room is comfortable. Mine had a view to the landside (=airport).
The lobby area is very dark in the evening; probably it is assumed to be cosy this way. There is an impressive piano player.
Downstairs is a "Bierstube", which is an informal setting for a simple meal.
Checking-out was a surprising experience relaied to the confidence that staff has for their customers; it is requested to hand-over the form of consumptions from the minibar, however, the information is checked and confirmed over the phone. Clearly, clients are not considered to provide reliable information.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this review and for the nice comments. I am glad that we have met most of your expectations and wanted to let you know that I shared your review with our related departments.

I am sorry to hear that your key card did not work for the lifts but I am sure its been resolved straight away by our Font Desk team.

The feedback you provided will help us assess our services that meets your expectations.
We appreciate the time spent on this review and certainly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.

Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at Renaissance Polat one day in late Feb 2013. I was able to review two rooms on the 19th floor, and experienced the concierge lounge on 21st floor.

Despite a few kinks, this hotel was one of the highlights of my trip . My parents checked in a day before me and got a wonderful high floor room with the view of the cutest little beach and Sea of Marmara shores. I was able to obtain a room very close to them very early in the morning when I arrived to the property. I assumed they would not have any rooms available at 7:30 in the morning, but the front desk staff worked hard to find the room next to my parents' room, with one caveat that it was a room with two beds, which is not my preference. However, I did not want to haggle with the hotel since I had very limited time to visit with my family and enjoy this majestic city. Added perk of the room is probably one of the nicest sunrise views over the sea I have ever seen. It was a site to cherish and remember forever.

Since I stay frequently at Marriott brand properties, my family and me had access to the concierge lounge on 21st floor of the property. Even though breakfast offerings were identical both times we used the lounge, it is hard to complain for such a nice spread they offered, both for breakfast and dinner.

Hotel is located very close to the airport, and they offer a free and very convenient shuttle from and to the airport. They also offer the same shuttle to several stops in the old city and across the Bosphorus in the newer part of town. However, our experience with that shuttle wasn't the best, since we waited at the designated stop for a pick up to go back to the hotel and the shuttle never came after 30 minutes of waiting with a lady who used the shuttle from the same spot a day before. Front desk staff was very courteous, though, and paid for our taxi ride from the city to the hotel, which was approximately 25 Euros.

Despite the distance from all old town sightseeing delights, this hotel is still in a very nice, coastal part of Istanbul. The neighborhood is clearly upscale, with nice beaches, walking paths and excellent fish restaurants, all just a stone throw away (5 mins walk or less).

I think this will be my base any time I visit Istanbul!

Room Tip: Choose high floor room with the view of the sea.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Renaissance_Polat, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this review and for the nice comments. I am glad that we have met your expectations and wanted to let you know that I shared your review with my team especially the front desk.

Thanks again,

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stopped over 1 night at this hotel as we where off loaded from a BA flight that we where due to travel on. Check in was smooth and fast and I was allocated a room that had two queen beds. Bathroom was nice and clean however the bath was one of those with a enclosed shower screen and it did feel close and small, it may have been a three quarter bath. Overall the room layout was good and there was a fair set of TV channels to watch. Bed was nice and comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. The bar had a live band in the main area and in my view was a bit too loud and took away from the fact that the bar area was quite a attractive large place to be. Overall a good solid hotel about 15 minutes away from the airport on a good run. However please note that this hotel may not be suitable for you if you are interested in seeing the sites as there are a number of better options centrally located.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Renaissance_Polat, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013

Regards,

Lake District
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great staff.

Stayed there for a couple of conferences in 2012.

The higher rooms have a great view of the sea, if you are on the right side of the hotel.

Rooms pleasant and comfortable.

Bar a bit too dark & dingy for my liking.

Pools & gym great.

Shops in the basement mall a bit pricey, probably due to the fairly captive audience.

Food OK not brilliant, but this is often the case on conference rates, I find.

Conference facillities good, but internet slow/patchy if relying on things like skype.
Conference support staff excellent as are the rest of the venue staff.

Not much else in the locality, a couple of shops and bars/resturants.

A bit of a haul into town from here but not too far, 20-30 mins in a taxi.
(Can be much longer, depending on time of day!)

10 mins from Ataturk airport.
Shuttle bus available, bookable at reception

Quiet location though.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a sea view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Renaissance_Polat, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this review and for the nice comments. I am glad that we have met most of your expectations and wanted to let you know that I shared your review with all our team.

Our pricing and the speed of internet are in line with similar properties in this area and we feel that we offer good value given our location and extensive facilities. However, in your case it appears we failed to meet expectations, and for that I am truely sorry.