“A Superb hidden Treasure in Istanbul..”

Atakoy Marina Hotel
Ranked #939 of 1,178 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed April 4, 2014

After a great deal of searching and much contemplation we were so happy to have found Atakoy Marina Hotel through Trip Advisor. The reviews were in average ratings but everything from the room size, cleanliness, location and of course our hosts was exactly as we had read about. We were enjoying a brief stop in Istanbul before moving to Paris for 6 months and this was the type of place for us to be so we could unwind a bit. One of the best part of this stay was the benefict to be able to use Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel,(Swimming pool,Spa and The sheraton fitness) the rooms are open range with a beatiful sea facing. An other good point is it's like being on a summer village in the middle of the town .Thanks so much to Atakoy Marina Front Office Team for making us feel so welcome and providing such wonderful accommodation. We will be back when next we visit ISTANBUL..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The first time I stayed at the hotel, it was a little above average but that all changed the second visit when I was given a room in the dungeon. I feel that the higher the lever you're on in the hotel the better quality you will have of the room. Seems to have small bugs killed without being cleaned up from the ceiling and the wall.

The foods that were served in the hotel were actually decent for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was very impressed with the servants there. The night shift is def different from the day shift when it comes to being professional.

Not too bad.

Room Tip: Try to get the room closer to the dining area and not on the first floor aka DUNGEON
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This Hotel have not the highest comfort but the rooms are OK. I only spend one night and the biggest problem was the noise of cars on the parking lot nearby. It looks like people had fun to make the most noise with their cars. Nevertheless, for one night it was OK.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed for four nights in sept 2013 for a work trip. Staff were friendly enough, service was also pretty good and food was ok, but for a trip where every food experience was amazing, the hotel food was 4/5. Still better than most equivalent uk hotels though! Marks lost for air con which refused to work properly (i had to open a window each night, in gales), curtains which failed to shut out marina lights, a wake-up call system which didn't work properly and a swimming pool that had limited opening hours, plus only two or three english tv channels.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed in the new part, next to the marina as they were overbooked
When I came in to the suite, I thought this was the most luxurious hotel I ever stayed at.
However, things went downhill very quickly.
From being promised over 500 channels, only 20 worked and they were all in Turkish.
The blinds didn't cover the windows 100% so street light came right in my face when I tried to go to sleep and when I closed the shower door, I got the handle in my hand.
As I had an early departure, I tried to check out at 6 AM, they only had a security guard at the desk as you needed to go over 300 meter to the other hotel to check out.(which no-one told me when I checked in)
There were a small problem with the guard. He only spoke Turkish and when he finally understood that I was trying check out, he called the marina. They asked on what boat I stayed on but I told them that I was trying to check out from the hotel. Sadly the just hang up on me

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I spent 22 days in this hotel in June 2013 on a work trip. I was quite apprehensive about staying here after reading most of the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel though dated, is neat, clean and spacious. It is quite suitable for a family as the rooms are really spacious and airy.
In real estate terms when they say it's all about the location, this hotel fits the bill. Situated at the Atakoy Marina, this hotel is home to spectacular views where the swish set of Istanbul come to let their hair down. Possibly the only hotel with spacious balconies, it gives you the feel of a resort. The twice daily shuttles to SultanAhmet, Taxim and the Airport take care of your commuting requirements quite nicely. It is an approximately 30TL ride to the city by cab. The drive to the city centre is by the sea and very scenic. There are bus stops at the Galleria Mall nearby. The hotel is not close to any train line.
Food at the hotel is ok, and the breakfast outdoors is excellent. The Restaurant Manager Davut Sel goes out of his way to accommodate requests and requirements. The number of eateries around the hotel premises is good enough to satisfy any palette.
The property shares an excellent pool and spa facility with the adjacent Sheraton.
The two Zeynaps at the Reception are hospitable.
I'm not sure why the Management is not refurbishing the property even after so many adverse reviews about the shabbiness but it needs a makeover urgently. Over the weekend, the noise from the partying and traffic in the adjacent Marina can be annoying.
I rate this overall package quite high.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed for a week with my husband to attend a wedding there.
It has such bad reviews I was on the verge of cancelling at one time.however we went with it and as the cab arrived from the airport and we got out it looked a bit tired.However the bedroom was huge and very clean,the bed and pillows were very comfy and the chamber maids changed the beds every day.
Whilst it is very 70s and dated,it is also clean, and to be honest, for the money I paid, that's all I am worried about. Great position for restaurants and luxury harbour but a bit off the beaten track if you want the bazaars and monuments. We used the pool and facilities at the Sheraton, which you walk to through the gardens. Would I stay there again? Probable not, but I'd stay next door at the Sheraton. However, don't let the reviews put you off. if you want a cheap hotel close to the airport with a clean room.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade and balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends