I will make it very short. We booked a king size bed room. We changed the room 4 (FOUR) times until we got a room with a king size bed. The reception staff, the bellboys were lying in our face several times. I'm sure about that because of stuff like that:
- Reception tells me we have a king size bed (the bed was 140cm so definitely not a king). Asking the manager he tells us that we are staying in a room with a french bed. In front of the same guy that just told us that this was a king size bed and that all rooms have the same bed size. Embarrassing!
- Reception sends the bellboy to show us a new room:
Bellboy: This is a corner suite.
Me: I don't see a separate living room
Bellboy: It's almost a suite.
Me: This is not a suite
Bellboy: It's not really a suite.
Me: We were told to be upgraded to an executive room.
Bellboy: This is like an executive room.
Me: So is it an executive room or not?
Bellboy: Not really.
Me: Why is there an ashtray? We have a baby.
Bellboy: This is a smokers room. (we booked non-smoker)
Me: I'm tired of these lies.
Bellboy: Yes you are right.
--> UNBELIEVABLE and that's how almost every conversation went.
Only after we finally spoke to the General Manager he arranged within 30mins a room with a king size bed (200cm). He didn't apologize for his staff. My opinion: The fish rots from the head down - the management doesn't have things under control here.
On SUNDAY 10:30pm a company started to install the new Wyndham logos outside the hotel which lasted until 1am including super loud drilling and hammering. The reception said: There's nothing we can do since the technician says he has to finish this today. I told him that this is rubbish since they were requested by the hotel to do this. We were offered a 5th (!) room change which I refused. Because of these not very smart people our baby couldn't sleep until 1am.
Another interesting one: We booked our stay without breakfast. At checkin I asked and they said it is included. Later I ask the bellboy he tells me that I shouldn't worry they never ask in the breakfast room if you have booked breakfast or not. Revenue Management seems to be on vacation there! I don't want to know how much money they loose because of this (regular breakfast is 19 EUR/person).
To summarize this: This is not a 5* hotel. 3* would suit this place well. Especially since you have many stairs from the entrance until the reception and nobody bothers to help you with luggage and stroller. They just watch you or disappear.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious hotel in Istanbul is 400 m from the Grand Bazaar. It has a spa, an indoor pool and a gym. Free private parking is available. You can access free WiFi in public areas. The elegant rooms at the 5-star Wyndham Istanbul Old City have satellite TV, a tea/coffee maker and a private bathroom with luxurious toiletries. Some rooms have a flat-screen TV and a spacious seating area. The Lale Restaurant serves a rich buffet breakfast in the mornings. A gourmet menu of international cuisine is served in the evenings. Guests of the Wyndham Istanbul can enjoy a range of beauty treatments at the spa, or work out with cardiovascular equipment at the gym. The Hagia Sophia and the Sirkeci Train Station are located 3 km from the Wyndham Istanbul. Ataturk Airport is 18 km from the premises, and airport transfer services can be offered upon request at an additional charge. Fatih is a great choice for travellers interested in museums, monuments and architecture. This is our guests' favourite part of Istanbul, according to independent reviews. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Wyndham Istanbul Old City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Istanbul Old City Hotel Istanbul
- Istanbul Crowne Plaza