Stayed a week with my wife, three days business and four days tourism. Been in Istanbul before so we appreciated the location exactly on the ancient walls of Constantinople. In the walking distance there is the famous church of Chora with exemplary Byzantine mosaics. For everything else there is a tram station in front of the hotel. For 3 TL (an euro and a half) you will get in front of Grand Bazaar, then Sultanahmet (Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Basilica cystern ..), then Topkapi Palace, Archeology Museum, and finally the Spice Bazaar!
The hotel could be better. Rooms are not sound-proof and you hear the muezzin from down till dusk plus later they sing for an evening prayer. And if the neighbours are noisy you will hear them through the tiny door.
On the other side the hotel has good points. At the breakfast a wide variety of turkish delicacies are served but the best for pork lovers is the Spanish corner with "jamon", salami, and small sausages, just to break the dullness of the halal counterpart (really don't like the beef salamis and stuff). The selection of fruit is excellent.
We had the opportunity to try lunch and dinner, both buffet-style. A wide variety of food was served, and the turkish pastries were impressive.
A visit to the hotel spa is a must. Apparently many locals (mostly men) also come there to test their manhood. There was a guy doing pushups underwater in the pool for babies; another guy took the finnish sauna to be test of his manhood - after the sauna he went into the "shock showers for sauna" and immediately back to sauna and so forth. In the hammam an older guy first explained the ritual (nice of him) and then insisted to pour soap all over the body of my wife. Hm. Did not want to offend him so we just laughed ...
If you get thirsty after the sauna there is a happy hour for alcoholic beverages (2 for the price of 1) where the price for Efes Pilsen becomes reasonable (17-19h in the B lounge).
All in all, a nice hotel. The staff is very friendly. Maria from the customer relations called us three times to check if everything is OK. At last I persuaded her that if there would be something wrong I would tell her then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover this elegant hotel located in the old part of Istanbul. The Barceló Eresin Topkapi***** hotel is situated in the Old Town, in Istanbul's European quarter. Thehistoric centre, the Gran Baazar and the Sütlüce conference centre are only 10 min by tram which stops right in front of the hotel. This hotel in the Barceló Premium category boasts spacious, light-filled rooms, a fantastic health and wellness centre (1,000 m²): the U-Spa, a conference centre with 12 meeting rooms and free Wi-Fi connection in all the rooms and common areas. There is also a fabulous culinary offer with themed menus in the Picasso Restaurant. The hotel also boasts its own Hammam (Turkish bath) to help you discover the traditions of this fascinating country. Enjoy the distinction and beauty of this marvellous hotel which makes every guest feel special, because your comfort is so important to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eresin Hotels Topkapi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Eresin Topkapi Hotel Istanbul
- Barcelo Hotel Istanbul
- Barcelo Hotel Eresin Topkapi