“Over and over again”

Ranked #149 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Wuppertal
“Over and over again”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I spent 6 nights at Barcelo Topkaki. We enjoyed our stay very much, because the hotel staff were anytime very obliging and helpful. The rooms were simple with all amenities we needed. The breakfast buffet offered us a varety of food. The only two minutes footway to puplic transport connection, which connect you to all places of interest of Istanbul was perfect.
We want to thank all staff member for making our stay so much comfortable.

There was only one point which we have to criticize. It`s the cooperation with the restaurant "Kalamar". You should inform your guest that "Kalamar" is a smoker restaurant.
It was impossible to communicate, because of the very loud music. The appetizer were OK, but the fish were too oily and not tasty at all. Last, but not least they screw us with the bill.

2 Thank Hantei T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tring, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My Daughter and I had a 3 night break in this hotel. On the first night we had a medical emergency which was no fault of the hotel. The staff were really helpful and spoke fluent English which was fortunate, they organised a Doctor and Ambulance which arrived 5 - 10 mins later.

By the following day the emergency was over and we managed to cram lots in to the 2 remaining days. On our return to the hotel after an exhausting day I had a phone call from a staff member to check up on how my Daughter was and then another phone call when the next shift came on duty to ask how my Daughter was and if they could get her anything. They seemed genuinely concerned.

We didn't have a long stay here but we found the service to be very good and the staff very helpful and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights at Barcelo Topkapi with my husband and daughter. A really nice hotel, good facilities and staff were always friendly and very helpful. Rooms were adquate with amenities suitable to for our stay. We were based on a half board basis, breakfast was very nice, buffet service and plenty to choose from. Dinner was formal and the restaurant had the same set menu for our entire stay, this can get abit tideous as variance would have been much better. Evening service was generally slower which meant that you could be dining for over 2 hours on a 3 course meal. If the Hotel can improve this, I would definitely recommend half board, otherwise B & B would be a better option. Overall a great stay, close to the local tram service which takes you into Sultanhamet where all the major historical sites are situated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We spent 4 days in Barcelo Eresin Topkapi and really, really enjoyed it.
The staff was incredible helpful and really nice (even got really good tips of things to do and places to visit, don't miss the Kariye mosque, 5-10 min from the hotel by taxi)).
The buffet for breakfast and the dinner menu was outstanding,despite I missed Spanish ham.. (loved the prawn salad and the tempura, I will try to attach some photos if I can).
The room (king size bed) was really comfortable and the spa a nice relaxing break after a long day walking around Istanbul.
Location is good, found it quite easy to move around Istanbul with the train or just walking.
I guess the sunny and warm days in February helped us to enjoy even more the short-trip to Istanbul. Hope to be back soon !!!! ;-)
Thanks a lot !!!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed for 5 nights all together I enjoyed very much all together rooms were pretty spacious, Spa Facilities like heated indoor swimming pool,Turkish bath (Hamam), steam room, sauna,gym were very good even the breakfast was good had lots of variety,room service was good as well.

Bad bits was:
1.There were very few front staff when i compare to previous hotels where i stayed.
2.Wifi was always connected in 3rd where i was staying but the speed was very poor i think it was around 512 kbps most of the time,
3.All together hotel looks bit old.

1 Thank hifz
Lisburn
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just back from staying at this excellent hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful and rooms were clean with little extras in bathroom, shower products, body lotion, ear buds, shoe shine and make-up pads etc. As drinks at this hotel are quite expensive the Happy Hour between 5 and 7pm was welcome.
A mistake was made with room-service breakfast but we were more than compensated with a free evening meal offered by the manager, Mr Lopez, as well as no charge for the breakfast.
The hotel was conveniently situated close to the excellent tram service which travels directly to all of Istanbul's treasures. I have walking difficulties and this tram was easy to use.
Excellent farewell from Vuslat also ensuring that, if I were ever to return to Istanbul, I would certainly stay here and I would have no hesitation in trying one of the other Barcelo Hotels.

Room Tip: We were in room 521 and had a small roof terrace overlooking the city.
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me there on my birthday and we stayed for 3 nights in total. The service is just excellent. Especially Vuslat she was lovely and recommending places and food and drink to eat.

The location is good too. The tram stop is just outside and tram ride to Sultanahmet is just about 10 mins that goes straight in front of blue mosque. Though the tram can be quite packed.

They even delivered a surprise birthday cake to the room when we returned, which I thought was a really sweet and considerate touch. This made me extremely happy as I love being surprised and spoilt.

Only thing I would say is it would be nice to get a complimentary bottle of water, as most 4/5 stars I stayed at provide a complimentary bottle of water a day. That's all. :-)

• Stayed February 2013