“Good Hotel, very bad restaurant”

Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel
Ranked #285 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Monterrey, Mexico
“Good Hotel, very bad restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

A good hotel, convenient for overnight connections, right across from the airport at the end of a runway, so it is noisy, especially at night if your window faces the airport. The 'Olive' restaurant is bad... Arrived at 6 PM, still empty even that they had open since 5 PM. Now I understand the reason... It took over one hour to bring the food! The salmon was horrible, dry and full of bones... When I told this to the head waiter, his answer was "that's the way it is, it's normal!"... I now understand why the restaurant was empty! As a Concierge member of Carlson/Radisson I certainly have much higher expectations of their restaurants!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DenizErcekin1, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear HomeroV,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

I also would like to express my regrets because of the undesirable situations that you have experienced in our hotel during your accommodation. We, as Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, Istanbul are aiming to achieve the 100% Guest Satisfaction at every contact with our guests. Still, some unfortunate incident may occur occasionally.

We highly appreciate the feedbacks and you can be sure that we will use them as a tool to improve our service and operation.

It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer. Therefore, If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number listed below.

+90 212 411 38 38

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have had numerous excellent experiences with Radisson Blu hotels in Africa, so I was expecting a similarly superior stay at this hotel. However, this hotel is not up to par. I chose this hotel because I wanted a clean, convenient place to get a quick nap before I had to catch an early international flight, and I was sorely disappointed. First, the hotel advertises that it is adjacent to the Attaturk airport, but it is actually quite far away. Next, they boast that they offer a free airport shuttle; however, the shuttle does not run 24-7, so you're out of luck if you have an early flight. They also claim that they have free wifi service, but the internet was down for a large part of my stay. Beyond this, it is a tired, old hotel. When I arrived, they were painting the ceiling over the check-in desk, so it was difficult to check in, plus the lobby smelled like paint. When I arrived in my room, there was hair in the shower. They mentioned they have a spa, so I was looking forward to a massage before travelling all day, but it was difficult to get information on their services and availability. Their restaurant is also incredibly overpriced, even for a hotel. They charge 13TL for a coke, which is much above the charge at the Hilton, where I stayed for most of my trip. I was highly recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear w0rldtraveler14,

+90 212 411 38 38

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Lawrence, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed overnight in transit to Crete, and it was comfortable enough for an airport hotel. Upsides: clean, easy to get to, modern, and secure. Downsides: wifi was hit or miss, and the airport shuttle, while convenient for getting back to the airport from the hotel, was impossible to find to get from the airport to the hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear BeowulfCW,

Istanbul
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel is usually used by Turkish Airlines for those passengers who could not make their connection flights. The hotel is located on the flight path of all the departing flights so every two minutes a plane is passing by over the hotel. It is almost impossible to sleep there at all.

The hotel personnel is aware of this quite well, so they might want to provide you with a room looking to the inner court which is a bit better in terms of the sound isolation. Though, they are located at such a busy high way that reaching this hotel could be as problematic as it can get. The night when we had to stay there, they had one of those huge weddings and the hotel was sold out so we had unfortunately not being able to stay in a decent room.

There are several better choices around the airport of Istanbul - no need to take this one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kaksel
DenizErcekin1, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear kaksel,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I have to wait 12h for my connection flight from Thessaloniki to New York with turkish airlines so we got a free hotel service for the night.I was imressed from the services the staff was very friendly almost everyone spoked english so was easy to communicate.the prices was a little bit expensive but ok for a 5 star hotel what u wating?

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Dimitris S,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Booked the Radisson as in Istanbul for 3 nights on business and needed to be near the airport for an internal flight one day.

Arrived at airport and jumped in a cab, as not clear where shuttle ran from and when from the website, no issues though as only TL15 and 15 minutes.

Nice welcome from doorman / security and really friendly receptionist.

Room was nice size and very clean. Bed was massive and good quality bedding.

Had a couple of beers in the bar whilst watching football 2 nights, and bar staff were very professional and good service. Had a choice of bar menu or full restaurant menu and picked from full menu both nights. Really nice food too.

Breakfast was included in my room rate but only had it one morning as left hotel too early the other two days. Good selection, and just a shame I was out early otherwise would have used it more. Not hotel's fault I was on the road just after 5 am.

Only downside is the noise from planes flying directly overhead, but hey, it's an airport hotel.

Would definitely stay here again when next in Istanbul.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DenizErcekin1, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Huw C,

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed only for 3 nights nights in this hotel, as we were retuning from Cappadocia and had to wait 12 hours for our next flight to Shanghai. The hotel offers free shuttle (a very comfortable van) from airport to hotel (hotel - airport) which leaves every hour.

The staff is very kind and the rooms are super clean and spacious. The hotel is very modern and is an excellent choice if you want an airport hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank akiakola
DenizErcekin1, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear akiakola,