“Might work for a night”

Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel
Ranked #283 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had a 12 night stay at this place due to business near by.
Unprofessional operation.
Poor restaurant, even worse staff - not friendly, not very good at their job and at weekends the service levels dipped even more. menu items often unavailable or served in part e.g. Fajitas served without any tortilla, no mention on order, no mention on being served, only admitted when challenged.
On leaving, the hotel could not calculate the bill. It took several attempts and, fortunately I had started the process the day before; promised by reception to contact me were not kept, wrong items added to the bill, higher costs items substituted for others etc.
Not what you expect at a Radisson.
Would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, get an internal room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
AErcekin, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.

We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.

Best Regards

Ahmet Erçekin
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is very good and I can not find much things to complain about. Lots of reviews I have read on t/a seems to be more focused on surrounding area of this hotel than the hotel itself.

To begin with, this is an airport hotel and its convenience and value is the access to the airport. Yes, I fully agree with the fact that it may feel like such a waste to spend a night at an airport hotel while staying in a city like Istanbul. But to be fair, I think this hotel is rather good, and as a frequent user, I enjoy staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and truly appreciate your feedback.
We look forward to your next stay.

Best Regards,

Ahmet Erçekin
Front Office Manager

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Radisson Blu in Istanbul on our way back home to the states from Africa. The hotel was quick shuttle ride from the Ataturk airport. I am always worried about what to expect from an airport hotel. I was relieved when we walked in and it was very nice inside. The room was spacious and clean. The beds and pillows were comfortable. It was noisy in the lobby and the room the breakfast buffet was served (being so close to the airport), but I never heard the planes from our hotel room. It is quite a drive for sightseeing from the hotel, which we didn't mind since we needed to be close to the airport to leave the next day. The dinner we ate at the hotel was delicious. We had a very enjoyable short stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pasquale B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear LeonoreMichelle,

Thank you very much for your kind review in Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our facilities up to your expectations.

Indeed we pay a lot of attention to ensure a clean room and comfortable environment to all our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Have to admit that I was a bit sceptic after reading some quite bad reviews, but as my stay was just one night, and priority was *close to the airport* rather than being *close to sightseeing* the choice was made.
Got a room facing away from the airport, which set us back on the view, but at least it was quiet. Also, the prices at the restaurant really weren't too bad. At least for a Radisson Hotel.
But I (also) have to admit that if I go to Istanbul again, I'd probably change my priorities.
The funniest/saddest part was the fitness/pool-area. Underground, dark, uninviting.
The staff in general seemed friendly enough and the breakfast buffet was above average, although the waiter slipped us a bill - even though our rate was including breakfast. Got it sorted out there and then. But such mistakes shouldn't happen at Radisson.

Room Tip: The rooms facing away from the airport are fairly quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Peter J,

Thank you very much for your valuable time in writing this review in Tripadvisor as well as for your positive feedback about our Team and quality of the breakfast buffet.

Following your feedback about the breakfast bill when the rate was breakfast included, please, kindly rest assured that we have shared the same with the Restaurant Team in order for them to pay more attention in the future.

Thank you very much for your kind attention, we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I'm a keen user of Radisson Hotels but this one really doesn't live up to its name. I asked for a quiet room and was given a room immediately under the aircraft taking off and giving on to a very busy main road. The plumbing in the bathroom is also noisy. Having complained and changed rooms, the new room was OK but ... the décor is tacky, there are curious holes under the carpet (in both rooms) and the wheels have fallen off the head of the beds (both) meaning that the beds slope downwards. Staff OK, no more. Sterile restaurant which I suppose is not surprising for an airport hotel. Not particularly cheap - surely the nearby Renaissance and Sheraton are better than this? I will find out next time because I won't return to the Radisson.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the inner courtyards. Rooms facing the main street also face the airport runwa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Pasquale B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Gel 52,

Thank you very much for your review in Tripadvisor, we strongly believe that it is very important to regard our guests feedback as an opportunity to find out some of our weaknesses and areas of improvement.

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, please kindly rest assured that we have shared your comments internally and we have prepared a new training plan for our Team especially focused on preventive maintenance and intra department communication.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to show you our improvements.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed in Radisson Blu at Istanbul airport in August 2013 as a layover on the way to Asia. I cannot say anything regarding price/value as the hotel was sponsored by Turkish airlines as a part of an airline ticket.

The hotel is located about 15 minutes by shuttle from the Ataturk airport and as an aiport hotel it is great. I would not recommend to stay here if you need to be in the city unless your flight is the next day early in the morning. I arrived at around 6-7 pm to the hotel and wanted to hit downtown but it is not close to the subway and the taxi is around 20 EUR one way to get to town centre. So I passed on that.

The room I got was very spacious and all in all nice. Very comfy bed and clean bathroom. Wifi was included in the room so I guess it's a standard feature of all rooms. I visited lobby floor bar in the evening, got some drinks and food. Service was outstanding, there were a lot of people there and despite that service was fast and super nice.

Breakfast was good however there were some elements which I like that were missing (certain fruits etc. I ordered a mix omlette which was fabolous. Service could improve as waiters are not doing a good job providing coffee or tea, had to ask twice, refills have not come either.

The hotel provides free airport shuttle which operates every hour. Be sure to leave for airport early enough as Istanbul airport is busy and there might be huge line to check in and especially to passport control and security line. Even fast track line is long.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pawel_Lew

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review and feedback in Tripadvisor.

I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay here in our Hotel and as well that you found the rooms and the other services of good quality and up to the expectations.

I have shared your positive feedback with our Team, comments like yours certainly provide us extra motivation and energy to strive further in order to provide our guests a more pleasant and comfortable stay all the time.

Thank you very much for your kind attention, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The rooms are modern, spacious, well equipped (Nespresso coffe machine). The bed is very comfortable. Everything is perfect but the staff... They are so arrogant as if their job is not to serve the guest but to convince them never come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write your review in Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read your overall positive feedback about the rooms as well as the experience, except that unfortunately you have found our staff not up to your expectations.

If you kindly provide me via email (gm.istzq@radissonblu.com) some more details about the problems you have faced with our Team, it will certainly help me in the internal follow up process.

I hope to hear from you at your best convenience, as well as that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to show you our improvements.

We strongly believe and aim in achieving the highest guests satisfaction and yours like other people comments are a very valuable and important help in this respect.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.