“Good hotel but terrible staff”

Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel
Ranked #279 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
“Good hotel but terrible staff”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The rooms are modern, spacious, well equipped (Nespresso coffe machine). The bed is very comfortable. Everything is perfect but the staff... They are so arrogant as if their job is not to serve the guest but to convince them never come back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Pasquale B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write your review in Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read your overall positive feedback about the rooms as well as the experience, except that unfortunately you have found our staff not up to your expectations.

If you kindly provide me via email (gm.istzq@radissonblu.com) some more details about the problems you have faced with our Team, it will certainly help me in the internal follow up process.

I hope to hear from you at your best convenience, as well as that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to show you our improvements.

We strongly believe and aim in achieving the highest guests satisfaction and yours like other people comments are a very valuable and important help in this respect.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Pasquale Baiguera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here for 1 day with my family because we were having a connection flight next day. This hotel is very convinient for staying if you are travelling to istanbul for buisiness or if you want a hotel near the airport. Beware though that it is far away from the sights and there is a lot of traffic too, it took us about 1 hour to drive (with a taxi) to Hagia Sophia and the center! As we stayed in the hotel only for sleeping (arrived there at 6pm and immediately left for the center then returned at 10pm and slept until 5am when we checked out) we didn't explore it nor take advantage of the facilities. This place is ideal for a conference or if you want an overnight stay for connection flights etc. It is very quiet, clean, with spacious and beautiful rooms and a good (expensive though as I saw from the menu prices) restaurant. I would not advise you to book there if you are going for tourism in Istanbul, you will sincerely waste your time in travelling to and from the sights!

Room Tip: Take a room with an outside view, though expensive the inside view is not worth it! And please don...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pasquale B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear George A,

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review in the Tripadvisor community.

Indeed we are ideally located in the proximity of the Istanbul Ataturk Airport with an extensive conference center, large rooms and good restaurant where the prices are in line with the other 5* Hotels in the area.

We thank you for your valuable time and we look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Lumut, Malaysia
Reviewed August 18, 2013

in total not bad

shuttle to the hotel from Airport does not arrived 2 times during my 3 nights presence there
afternoon travel time to the hotel from Airport ca 25 min due to traffic jam, at night only 5 min
no shuttle schedule on Airport
expensive and tasty breakfest - 25 Eur
beer - ca 8 Eur
pool in fitness club is not working, cap needed for 6 Eur

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear 1dz,

Thank you very much for your kind review and feedback via Tripadvisor.

I am very sorry to read about the inconveniences you seem to have experienced with our Airport shuttle bus service during your stay.

As recently I did not receive any other Guest complaint in this respect, and in order for me to be able to investigate, I would appreciate if you could be so kind to send me an email (address: gm.istzq@radissonblu.com) with the exact dates of your stay.

Regarding the breakfast and beer prices we are in line with the other 5* hotels in the area.

Thank you very much once again for your kind and valuable feedback, I look forward to hear from you at your best convenience.

Best regards.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed here for four nights to attend a conference. The hotel is close to the airport but a long, long way from the sights of Istanbul. The rooms are OK, the breakfasts fine and some colleagues and I had a decent evening buffet plus one very good lunch at Olivo's restaurant. I went to look at the indoor pool, was made to wear plastic overshoes and step in a sink of water before entering the pool area. This made the hard surface very slippery and I took a very heavy fall. Fortunately I was only bruised and nothing was broken but it put me off swimming for the whole four days. I thought there was too much obsession with keeping the area clean and too little concern with safety. The staff were helpful (although many had little or no English). If I needed to stay near the airport for one night only I would return but would not stay for any longer than that

Room Tip: Although very close to the airport, the double glazing in the rooms was effective and the noise of t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Barbara 707_12,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share here in Tripadvisor your experience in our Hotel.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the overall services and especially the lunch in the Olivo's restaurant.

Regarding the swimming pool I am very sorry about the fact that you stepped into the pre swimming pool sink before the entrance and got bruised.

We have already taken action and put a clearer warning sign in order to avoid similar situation in the future.

Thank you very much for your very kind and useful feedback, we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

As part of an aircraft spotting tour we stayed here for a night and half a day. We got a taxi to the hotel and were surprised with our accommodation for the night. We had no idea that we would be staying there. It was a modern hotel and our room was very spacious on the 2nd floor with a good view of Atatürk Airport. The food was very expensive however it was very appetising. There's wifi in the rooms too! As we spent most of our time there watching aircraft, we didn't really explore the hotel and take advantage of the amenities. There was a wide range of food for breakfast and if I was to return to Istanbul in the future I could see myself returning to the Radisson quite happily!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AviatorCole
Pasquale B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear AviatorCole,

Thank you very much for your positive review in Tripadvisor.

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us and you would not hesitate to come back should you be visiting Istanbul again in the future.

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a long layover in Istanbul. If you have a connecting flight, this hotel is a good option. I paid about 109 euro for a single room ( sans breakfast) which was very clean and had excellent mattress quality. They have an extensive room service menu and a mini bar in each room. As other reviewers remarked, rooms can be noisy since you hear airplanes passing by every few minutes. If you are a sound sleeper though, you will get used to it. Check in was also quick and courteous. I would recommend to the hotel I add some more tv channels as the current selection is very limited. Overall a good choice for a layover, I would stay again if need be.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank N S
Dear N S,

Thank you very much for sharing with others in Tripadvisor about your experience while staying here with us.

I was very pleased to read that you liked the hotel and our services, this including the room cleanliness, quality of the mattresses, extensive room service menu and our Front Office Team courtesy during your check in.

We will look into your valuable advise to widen the selection of TV channels to see what can be done in this area.

Thank you very much for your kind attention, looking forward to welcome you back the next time you will pass by Istanbul.

Tirana, Albania
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had business meetings in Istanbul and I thought to rest at a hotel close to the airport. Taxi from airport to Radisson is 13 minutes and costs 10 TL/$6. The hotel's lobby looks great but don't be fooled by that cause the rooms will look ridiculously bad for the price paid, $220 per night including breakfast. What was I thinking when I chose this hotel and what's even crazy, I have been there twice. One thing is for certain, never going back there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ekor 24,

Thank you very much for your review in Tripadvisor.

I am very sorry to read that unfortunately you did find our rooms up to your expectations and taste and I want to thank you very much for your positive feedback about the lobby.

If we can be of any future assistance, please, do not hesitate to let me know and I will be delighted to be personally at your full disposal (email: gm.istzq@radissonblu.com)

Pasquale Baiguera

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels