“airport hotel in the name” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel

Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel
Ranked #280 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Lumut, Malaysia
“airport hotel in the name”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

in total not bad

shuttle to the hotel from Airport does not arrived 2 times during my 3 nights presence there
afternoon travel time to the hotel from Airport ca 25 min due to traffic jam, at night only 5 min
no shuttle schedule on Airport
expensive and tasty breakfest - 25 Eur
beer - ca 8 Eur
pool in fitness club is not working, cap needed for 6 Eur

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pasquale B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear 1dz,

Thank you very much for your kind review and feedback via Tripadvisor.

I am very sorry to read about the inconveniences you seem to have experienced with our Airport shuttle bus service during your stay.

As recently I did not receive any other Guest complaint in this respect, and in order for me to be able to investigate, I would appreciate if you could be so kind to send me an email (address: gm.istzq@radissonblu.com) with the exact dates of your stay.

Regarding the breakfast and beer prices we are in line with the other 5* hotels in the area.

Thank you very much once again for your kind and valuable feedback, I look forward to hear from you at your best convenience.

Best regards.

Pasquale Baiguera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed here for four nights to attend a conference. The hotel is close to the airport but a long, long way from the sights of Istanbul. The rooms are OK, the breakfasts fine and some colleagues and I had a decent evening buffet plus one very good lunch at Olivo's restaurant. I went to look at the indoor pool, was made to wear plastic overshoes and step in a sink of water before entering the pool area. This made the hard surface very slippery and I took a very heavy fall. Fortunately I was only bruised and nothing was broken but it put me off swimming for the whole four days. I thought there was too much obsession with keeping the area clean and too little concern with safety. The staff were helpful (although many had little or no English). If I needed to stay near the airport for one night only I would return but would not stay for any longer than that

Room Tip: Although very close to the airport, the double glazing in the rooms was effective and the noise of t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Barbara 707_12,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share here in Tripadvisor your experience in our Hotel.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the overall services and especially the lunch in the Olivo's restaurant.

Regarding the swimming pool I am very sorry about the fact that you stepped into the pre swimming pool sink before the entrance and got bruised.

We have already taken action and put a clearer warning sign in order to avoid similar situation in the future.

Thank you very much for your very kind and useful feedback, we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

As part of an aircraft spotting tour we stayed here for a night and half a day. We got a taxi to the hotel and were surprised with our accommodation for the night. We had no idea that we would be staying there. It was a modern hotel and our room was very spacious on the 2nd floor with a good view of Atatürk Airport. The food was very expensive however it was very appetising. There's wifi in the rooms too! As we spent most of our time there watching aircraft, we didn't really explore the hotel and take advantage of the amenities. There was a wide range of food for breakfast and if I was to return to Istanbul in the future I could see myself returning to the Radisson quite happily!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AviatorCole
Pasquale B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear AviatorCole,

Thank you very much for your positive review in Tripadvisor.

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us and you would not hesitate to come back should you be visiting Istanbul again in the future.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a long layover in Istanbul. If you have a connecting flight, this hotel is a good option. I paid about 109 euro for a single room ( sans breakfast) which was very clean and had excellent mattress quality. They have an extensive room service menu and a mini bar in each room. As other reviewers remarked, rooms can be noisy since you hear airplanes passing by every few minutes. If you are a sound sleeper though, you will get used to it. Check in was also quick and courteous. I would recommend to the hotel I add some more tv channels as the current selection is very limited. Overall a good choice for a layover, I would stay again if need be.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank N S
Dear N S,

Thank you very much for sharing with others in Tripadvisor about your experience while staying here with us.

I was very pleased to read that you liked the hotel and our services, this including the room cleanliness, quality of the mattresses, extensive room service menu and our Front Office Team courtesy during your check in.

We will look into your valuable advise to widen the selection of TV channels to see what can be done in this area.

Thank you very much for your kind attention, looking forward to welcome you back the next time you will pass by Istanbul.

Tirana, Albania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had business meetings in Istanbul and I thought to rest at a hotel close to the airport. Taxi from airport to Radisson is 13 minutes and costs 10 TL/$6. The hotel's lobby looks great but don't be fooled by that cause the rooms will look ridiculously bad for the price paid, $220 per night including breakfast. What was I thinking when I chose this hotel and what's even crazy, I have been there twice. One thing is for certain, never going back there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ekor 24,

Thank you very much for your review in Tripadvisor.

I am very sorry to read that unfortunately you did find our rooms up to your expectations and taste and I want to thank you very much for your positive feedback about the lobby.

If we can be of any future assistance, please, do not hesitate to let me know and I will be delighted to be personally at your full disposal (email: gm.istzq@radissonblu.com)

Pasquale Baiguera

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Airport hotels are necessary evils. Usually without soul or character, they break up a long journey or enable travellers who have an early flight to get some extra sleep. There are 3 mandatory requirements for this kind of hotel. First, the bedrooms must be dark.Second the beds must be comfortable.Third, they rooms need to be quiet.
This Radisson provides the first 2 requirements but not the third. My family and I stayed in 2 rooms on the 5th floor.In both rooms the overhead aircraft noise was very obvious (lasting well into the night and early hours) and meant that none of us got a good night's sleep.
Check in was slow and not particularly welcoming. Our luggage took a long time to reach our rooms.
For the money almost AUD$600 for 2 rooms including breakfast it really was not good enough.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Robandjulie 12,

First of all thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write this review in Tripadvisor.

I am very sorry to read that unfortunately you could not sleep well due to the aircrafts noise.
To ensure the highest possible soundproof environment It is in our procedure to assign rooms at the back of the building when we are requested/notified to assign a quite room.

On the other hand I was pleased to read you positive comment about our rooms being properly blinded as well as the bed comfort also being up to your expectations.

I have shared with the relevant Manager your feedback about the check in not particularly welcoming and to correct this we will organize extra training for the FO and bellmen team.

Thank you very much for your kind attention, we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and show you are improvements.

Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

If you are a smoker I don't suggest you ask for smoking rooms as its very smelly and old .
But the other wing rooms - non smoking - is very modern and nice !!! How I know and I am a smoker ??!!
Hi I need a smoking room please
Ok sure
Them I went to the lovely room but the ( no smoking signs ) everywhere !!!
Hi I asked for a smoking room
Oh sorry sir we will move you now.
I was shocked with the smoking rooms condition !!!!
Food varity is good
Location is very close tithe airport which is very convenient .

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pasquale B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time and sharing your experience in our Hotel in Tripadvisor.

I do apologize that unfortunately your room was not up to your expectations and you could feel the smell of smoke.
I would like you to rest assured that I have already passed your kind feedback to the Housekeeping department Manager in order to re emphasize with all the Housekeeping Team that it is very important pay extra attention in this respect.

I was pleased to read that you found good the food variety in our Restaurant and indeed, as you mention, we are conveniently located just few minutes away from the airport.

Thank you very much for your kind attention, we look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel,