“NICE BUSINESS HOTEL”

Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel
Ranked #287 of 1,173 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Classic Business Airport hotel with Reception staff extremely helpfull and polite. Business room very big with all amenities and welcome treat but I would have prefered a closed closet and windows that open!
Buffet breakfast great but room service menu too international...same with restaurant.
Shuttle bus service to/fro airport every hour and was wondering why they don't have it every half hour as it is a short trip.
Too far from the city center and with traffic it can take up to 2 hours.
Wonderful choice for a one night stay !

Room Tip: ask for quite room. It can be noisy at times with the airplanes
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KAT189400
Pasquale B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear KAT 189400,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for sharing with others your experience while being here with us.

I was very pleased to read that you found our Reception staff extremely helpful and polite as well as that you liked our Super Breakfast buffet, please kindly rest assured I will share you feedback with our Front Office and Kitchen Team in our next department meeting.

We will look into your suggestion about the possibility to open the window and see what can be done though in this respect we will also have to take in consideration the Safety and Security aspect.

We thank you again for your comments and reccomendation and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the nearest future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I would reccomend this hotel to buisiness travellers who need to stay in Istanbul for the night. Although far from the center it is very close to the airport, which is a big plus in Istanbul traffic. In addition there are numerous shopping options in the area, so is a close option that does not require travelling to the center.
As a club carlson gold I was ugraded to a business room, which included a free breakfast and free on demand movies. The only downside is that the on demand movies are in Turkish, so I could not enjoy this perk.
Overall, highly reccomend it for business travellers.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Pasquale B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share with others about your experience while staying here with us.

I was very pleased to read that you highly reccomend us to business travellers as well as that you enjoyed to discover the real Istanbul life and what the area around us can offer when it comes to shopping.

Our video on demand offers a variety of movies both in Turkish and English, it is unfortunate that we do not know in which room you have been staying so that we could ask our Technical Department if there is something wrong in this room.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind and valuable feedback.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future and until then I take this opportunity to send you my kindest regards.

Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, Istanbul

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The first time I arrived, about 9pm, there were delays checking in people, due flight delays. It took time to check in, but I did get a wonderful big room. My next stay was 2 days later, easier check in but a very noisy room - with a busy highway right outside the windows. I asked to be moved and they did, thank goodness.
I was unable to try breakfast as both my stays had early departures the next day. The free transfer to the airport was great - but only seems to go to the international terminal, which means a long walk to the domestic terminal. The free transfer is not announced in the hotel lobby, so be there on time, on the hour.
Finding the free transfer at the airport is another adventure and on 2 occasions it was never there. So I took a taxi. Make sure you have the address with you as both taxi's did not know the hotel, with interesting results and lots of laughter as no one spoke english - but there was a successful outcome.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael B

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and for sharing with others your experience
here with us.

I am very glad to read that although you found your check in a bit slow the first time, you have experienced a more efficient one when you came back again.

I am also very happy to read that our Front Office Team has been able to give you a room that was more suitable to your needs as it is our aim to achieve the highest possible Guest Satisfaction.

I am sorry that in your case the airport transfer was not announced in the lobby, please kindly rest assured that I have already discussed this issue with the relevant Team member so that we will correct this for the future.

Thank you very much for your kind attention, we look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Have stayed twice at the Radisson hotel near the Istanbul airport while in transit - it's a fine world-class place, great staff, meals, rooms, etc. Only problem I had was an inability to turn down the heating in my room, it was warmer than I liked. Minor problem. The breakfast buffet (included in the room charge) is super. If you have a long lay-over between Turkish Airlines flights they'll put you up there free of charge... check the Turkish Airlines hotel counter near the Starbucks on the arrivals level in the airport terminal. It is better (and cheaper) than the hotel in the terminal - only minor hassle is the need to get a visa to get out of the airport, not a big deal.

Room Tip: The hotel is located beside a busy highway that might be noisy at times. Ask for a room on the othe...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Pasquale B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Mr/Mrs Tamaski,

Thank you very much for your kind review about our Hotel in Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced regarding turning down the heating in your room.

Indeed our Super Breakfast buffet it is one of the most appreciated service among the others we offer (i.e. free wi fi internet connection all around the Hotel, free shuttle to/from the airport etc etc).

Once again, we thank you very much for your kind attention and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I did not plan on staying here, but am glad I did. After experiencing several flight delays, I missed my final connecting flight in Istanbul and had to wait another 22 hours for the next one. The airline kindly offered to put me up in the hotel. Very close to the airport. Despite a 1:00am check-in, the staff was ready and attentive. Room was clean, spacious and had everything I needed. Complimentary bottle of water was much appreciated. Bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby. Room has black-out curtains which worked like a charm in the morning as I wanted to sleep in. Room was nicely sound proofed from the outside traffic and noise. Wi-fi was quick and reliable. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle that can get you to the airport quickly, despite the very heavy traffic. I will most likely pass thru Istanbul several times again and if I need a hotel near the airport, the Radisson Blu Airport Hotel will be my first hotel of choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BackRowSeat
Pasquale B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear OrceNikolov,

Thank you very much for your kind review in Tripadvisor, we always appreciate our Guests feedback as we look at it as an opportunity to see where we need to improve or we are doing good job.

I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay as well as all the services that we have provided you while here.

We put a lot of emphasis on in house training about Guest service and our Company motto is "Yes I can" with a focus on always keeping a positive attitude towards the persons around us as well as everybody to feel empowered to do what ever it takes to make sure we meet and go beyond our Guest's expectations.

As a business and conference hotel we consider wi fi a very important service that we are pleased to offer for free as this allows our Guests to enjoy the time in the hotel but at the same moment, if they wish, to stay connected and continue their work.

Also the location close to the airport it is definitively one of our strengths especially in a city with heavy traffic like in Istanbul.

We look forward to welcome you back soon and until then we send you our kindest regards.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

i was there October 2011 for one night its look nice and the reception team was great special the night team , i work as receptionist so i know how its look like and i going there again next 24 Jan and i hope so my image about this hotel be the same and more good

Room Tip: sorry but i don't remember the room number
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr Ahmed,

First of all kindly let me thank you for taking your valuable time to share with others your experience at our Hotel.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us and you can rest assured that I have already shared your positive feedback with all the Front Office, day and night Team.

In case there is anything you might need before your next stay, please, do not hesitate to let us know and we will be delighted to assist you.

We look forward to welcome you back on January 24th and until than I take this opportunity to send you our kindest regards.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel is excellent for short duration stays.
Access to the airport is quick, about 5 minutes away.
Hotel access for pedestrians is very limited as it is built on the side of a very busy moterway, however, no traffic noise can be heard in the hotel.
The food is very good and the service is excellent.
Free wi-fi throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Pasquale B, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear MickMul840292,

Thank you very much for your kind review and feedback in Tripadvisor.

We are very glad to read that you have found our location of your convenience as well as that you enjoyed our services and facilities, especially the food being very good and the service excellent.

We, like all the Radisson Blu Hotels, offer free wi-fi throughout our hotel as we strongly believe this is a very important service and added value for all the Guests staying with us.

Once again thank you very your kind feedback, we look forward to welcome you back soon again and until than I take this opportunity to wish you Happy New Year.

Sincerely.