“"Yes we can" attitude....Sorry, it's no we can't..”

Ranked #300 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Leeds
“"Yes we can" attitude....Sorry, it's no we can't..”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We had an overnight stay (2 rooms) here after our flight connections were changed last minute. The hotel (supposedly 5 star) runs a complimentary shuttle between the airport & the hotel (4km). I called the front desk to check timings from the airport to the hotel (we had a lot of luggage). Every hour, on the half hour I was informed. As we collected our luggage I called again and said that we were going to be at 35 mins past the hour, please ask the driver to wait for us just 5 mins...."get a taxi, its 15 YTL" she said & hung up! So, not a good start from a hotel group who's tag line is "Yes, we can". We had to take 2 taxi's due to luggage - cost 40YTL.
Check in was labourious, seemingly a problem finding us 2 x twin rooms, even though this was what I had booked. The rooms were poor, the TV screen seriously, about 12" wide. There was no clock in the room - an airport hotel with no room clock!! - In the mini bar, a can of fizzy orange 12YTL (£4.00). we went to the bar (not a reataurant, just the bar) for lunch which took almost 40 mins to arrive, was cold or at very best, lukewarm and most of it, nothing like as described on the menu, for example, 'A crisp bagel with salmon & mediterreanean salad' was smoked salmon & limp lettuce with capers and, get this, english mustard, served on a soft bread roll. We left 50% of the food, it was awful, our general complaint met with a shrug - the cost of 4 sandwiches - 98YTL (£37.00).
sadly, most of the staff we were in contact with were surly or unhelpful other than the luggage porter who deserved a medal.
The internet connection was nothing short of a joke, the beds rock hard.
I have tried hard to find some redeeming features about this hotel but I have to say, based on this experience, the only thing I can say is it's close to the airport

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayedk at this over priced hotel and was shocked by the lack of service. The wirelss internet in the hotel is barely working and has a decent signal only near the elevaror in one tower....

After complaining to the front desk and going down to visit them four times, I was told that they could only move me to a room with twin beds (do I look like two people????). Otherwise I would have to move my room to another tower and use a cable for the internet. I told them that I did not want this and that I was very unsatisified by such a shocking ommission in a hotel charging 135 Euro per night. I also asked for the Night Manager to call me. He never did, although I waited until 11:30 for the call......

The next day, I complained again to the front desk to see if I could be moved closer to the internet. They told me that the 2nd tower had wonderful wireless internet and that they would move me and upgrade my room. This is exactly the opposite of what the clerk on duty on Wednesday night told me.....

Fool that I am, I packed up my room and moved to the new tower. Guess what, same poor wireless internet. The original room was actually quite nice and the upgraded room was not really much of an improvement.

Funny how the staff all knew to ask the guests if they wanted to upgrade to business class rooms for and extra 45 Euro per night, but no one seems to know the shoddy state of their IT infastructure. I am writing now from a Wired Internet Cable connection and the internet speed is still incredibly slow.

People, wake up!!!! Its 2011 and it is not difficult to get sufficient internet service for a hotel this size (certainly shouldn't be for the amount you charge for rooms...) and to provide wireless service which works in all rooms.

In conclusion, the Place is filled with signs and cards advertising the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee. Bold words, but no one is there to stand behind them when it matters.

Next time its and IBIS hotel for me, where I know the accomodation and service will be better. This is a very sad commentary on a Radisson SAS hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel. You can't really walk to any stores and they want 22 Euros for breakfast...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BIGLAROttawa_Canada
RD_ISTANBUL, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Dear BiglarOttawa,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time in sharing with others via Tripadvisor and via our Customer Guest Service your experience while staying here with us.

We do value both positive and negative feedback as we look at it as an opportunity to see where we are doing a good job and where we need to focus in order to improve in the weak areas of our services and product.

I sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you have encountered with our internet services as well as with the Front Desk Team follow up.

I have already internally discussed the different points with the relevant Managers and the follow up actions to correct the situation have been agreed and are under implementation.

I am very proud to confirm that the 100% Guest Satisfaction is our aim, one of our most important service concepts and promise to our Guests and we continuosly and consistently stand behind it.

We promise that in case of a problem that is notified during the stay and for which we cannot find a solution we will not charge for the same service and this is what we do.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind attention, We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future so that you will have the opportunity to see our improvements.

Istanbul

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Best Hotel if you have to catch a flight.
Very good service, very nice staff and very good facilities.
They recognise you after your second visit, I was impressed.
Yes I can is their motto!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Deflumine,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and kind words.

I was very pleased to read that you found our employees, services and facilities very good.

We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

North West England
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Stayed here following a hectic tour around Turkey. Was offered a Mezzanine Suite upgrade for 30 Euro. Well worth it. Very nice room. Decent bar and restaurant. Free broadband (a little slow, but hey) and complimentary shuttle to the airport. Would use this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear PK173,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share with others your experience and feedback while staying here with us.

We were very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay.

Once again thank you very much for your kindness, we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 14, 2011

They are located very near the airport. The rooms are good and the hotel staff helpful. The breakfast spread is really good with lot of options. The internet connection in the room is not up to the mark but they also have facilities in the lobby for browsing.
The area behind the Hotel is kind of residential and you can roam around there on foot. You've lots of food joints (if you want to try different options) and a mall (Armoni Park). The street is also good for window shopping.

Room Tip: Always ask for rooms on wing 'B' or 'C'. The old wing has very small rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Vynodyn,

I would like to thank you very much for your positive review and feedback about your stay here at the Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel.

I was very pleased to read that you liked your room and you found our employees helpful, we always strive to do our utmost to meet and possibly exceed our customers expectations and it is always nice when we get positive recognition about that.

We are indeed next by a residential area that can give our guests the opportunity to experience the real day to day life in this wonderful country.

Thank you very much, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Stayed here seveeral times, Nice business hotel, friendly staff, efficient rooms, Wifi signal in some rooms somewhat weak. Make sure you avoid the rooms facing this
awful 6-8 lane road.
Free hourly shuttle to the airport, from the airport difficult to find, taxi drivers act rather rude due to short trip to hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Claude C
RD_ISTANBUL, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear Mr Claude,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share with others your experience while staying here with us.

Our IT Manager is working on further improving the Wifi signal strength and internet speed.

Once again thanyou for your kind words, we look forward to welcome you in the future.

California
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This hotel is situated very close to Ataturk airport and a free shuttle is provided to and from the airport. The shuttle from the airport leaves on the 1/2 hour and from the hotel to the airport, it leaves on the hour. You have to plan accordingly. The reception staff were friendly and helpful and assisted me in resolving billing issues. The hotel is nicely decorated, clean, the free internet worked well and the room was comfortable for 1 person. The food was pricey as was the bar. This hotel is not in a good location if you are coming here for vacation/sightseeing as the taxi fare is 40-60 TL one way to get to most of the tourist sites. Also, there is little in the way of shopping/eating close to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
RD_ISTANBUL, General Manager at Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear Shell1952,

Thank you very much for your review and positive feedback about your stay here with us.

I am very glad to read that you have appreciated the positive attitude and friendliness of our Front Office Team as well as the Hotel decoration, cleanliness and the free wi fi internet service.

It is our aim to let our Guests feel home and cleanliness together with safety and security are some of our main focus area, it makes myself and the all Team very happy when the same it is noticed and appreciated by our guests.

Once again thank you very much for choosing a Radisson Blu Hotel as well as for your kind feedback, we look forward to welcome you back again in the future.