We had an overnight stay (2 rooms) here after our flight connections were changed last minute. The hotel (supposedly 5 star) runs a complimentary shuttle between the airport & the hotel (4km). I called the front desk to check timings from the airport to the hotel (we had a lot of luggage). Every hour, on the half hour I was informed. As we collected our luggage I called again and said that we were going to be at 35 mins past the hour, please ask the driver to wait for us just 5 mins...."get a taxi, its 15 YTL" she said & hung up! So, not a good start from a hotel group who's tag line is "Yes, we can". We had to take 2 taxi's due to luggage - cost 40YTL.
Check in was labourious, seemingly a problem finding us 2 x twin rooms, even though this was what I had booked. The rooms were poor, the TV screen seriously, about 12" wide. There was no clock in the room - an airport hotel with no room clock!! - In the mini bar, a can of fizzy orange 12YTL (£4.00). we went to the bar (not a reataurant, just the bar) for lunch which took almost 40 mins to arrive, was cold or at very best, lukewarm and most of it, nothing like as described on the menu, for example, 'A crisp bagel with salmon & mediterreanean salad' was smoked salmon & limp lettuce with capers and, get this, english mustard, served on a soft bread roll. We left 50% of the food, it was awful, our general complaint met with a shrug - the cost of 4 sandwiches - 98YTL (£37.00).
sadly, most of the staff we were in contact with were surly or unhelpful other than the luggage porter who deserved a medal.
The internet connection was nothing short of a joke, the beds rock hard.
I have tried hard to find some redeeming features about this hotel but I have to say, based on this experience, the only thing I can say is it's close to the airport
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel Istanbul, is conveniently located adjacent to Istanbul's Ataturk International Airport. Just 20 kilometres from Istanbul's vibrant city centre, this accommodation in Istanbul offers convenient accessibility to area transport and expansive, modern meeting facilities. A short drive to the Grand Bazaar and Istanbul's shopping centres, this comfortable retreat is in an enviable location for both leisure and business travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Rezidor, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel, Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Radisson Blu Conference And Airport Hotel, Istanbul
- Radisson Sas Conference Airport Hotel
- Radisson Istanbul
- Istanbul Radisson