Uyan Hotel
$157
InterContinental
$176
  • Breakfast included
Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$112
  • Breakfast included
WOW Airport Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$67
$58
Travelocity
All reviewsblue mosquehagia sophiaroof terraceperfect locationturkeycall to prayerminute walkthe hotel staffold citygrand bazaarwalking distancemain attractionsbasilica cisterncafes and restaurantswonderful hotelmajor sitessultanahmet square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We wanted a hotel with easy access to the attractions of Sultanahmet. Hotel Uyan is close enough to walk back for a rest between attractions! Good price, very clean, tasty varied breakfast, helpful staff. Wifi was rubbish but internet was available on a computer provided for for residents use.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank 2002lovefest
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a prime location, right behind Aya Sofya and Blue masque and 5 minute walk to the Sultanahmet station. Also really close to the grand bazaar, restaurants, night life, etc. The room was clean and small but I didn't spend much time in the room since I was out sight seeing all day. Staff is really friendly and helpful. Breakfast which is included was also very good (sausages, breads, cheeses, hard boiled eggs, etc). If your looking for a place to just sleep (not luxurious whatsoever) and be close to the historic sites at a reasonable price, this is the place for you. The safe was pretty small, it didn't fit my iPad. I scheduled an airport pick up when I arrived and it was about the same price if you were to take a cab (I took a cab when I checked out).

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joy G
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We have just returned from spending 4 nights at this hotel. Having booked through Travel Republic for the first time we were very pleased with both their arrangements and also with the Hotel. It is centrally situated in Sultanhamet and is a perfect base for many sites in Istanbul being within easy walking distance of the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi palace, Cistern, Grand Bazaar and Spice Market and a cruise up the Bosphorus. We caught a tram to the Dolmabache Palace, then the funicular railway up to Taksim Square followed by a walk down the hill through the busy shopping street to the Galata Bridge, lined by hundreds of fishermen. Again we used trams to get to the Chora Museum. You purchase the tram jeton at a booth close to the tram stop - 3TL a trip
The hotel is quite small but the rooms were clean, comfortable and well appointed for a short stay. Breakfast was served on the top floor and provided fruit, cereals, breads etc and a small selection of hot food. There were stairs up to a roof top terrace which provided a great view of the Blue Mosque- almost within touching distance. Staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful and have no hesitation in recommending it.
There were plenty of restaurants within yards of the hotel and meals were good and reasonably priced. At lunchtimes we ate in small cafes/restaurants - there were many to choose from and you need never go hungry. The Turkish people were friendly and at no time did we ever feel uncomfortable walking around - on the odd occasion when we got a bit 'mislaid', they were so helpful in steering us to our destination
We had been to Istanbul a couple of times before but it was the first time for the friend who came with - she definitely wants to go again! There is such a lot to see and it's all so interesting.
What would we do differently next time - we'd buy a museum pass at 85TL which gives you priority entrance into most of the places you want to see - the mosques which are incredible are all free, but the other museums etc have entrance fees and it would be more economical to buy a pass.
Secondly, I wouldn't book airport to hotel transfer before we left - at least not with the company I used - they didn't turn up so we had a taxi anyway which was virtually the same price -and I'm still trying to get my money back!
It is a wonderful city to visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RozNorthampton
Reviewed November 6, 2013

You know, I'm glad that I've chosen this hotel among the great amount of the rest. First of all - super location. It's right round the corner of the main sights of the historical part of the city and what is good the street is closed for transit transport and it's NOT crowded with the people at all. Service was helpful. We had the double standard room that was cleaned up everyday. It was furnitured quite qood, at least I think for their price rate it's normal; all equipment was functionable. Breakfast is nice, the only poor moment - almost all the same food everyday. The terrace (available for breakfast as well) on the roof is with really fantastic view! The only minus to this hotel I would give for bad sound isolation on windows. As far as I understood this is the renovated historical building and I think they keep old windows not to spoil the original visual appearance. So if you are very sensetive to sounds during the sleep it will be difficult for you not to be awakened in the morning firstly with prayer songs from Mosques and then with the noice from serice cars (food delivery to local bars, taxis, buses with guests). But anyway I've got the feeling of comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gumennyy
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This boutique hotel is nicely located for easy walks to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and other tourist spots but is in a quiet back street. We managed to get an airy and sunny double room at the top floor of the hotel with love views and a little balcony. The room was well decorated and the en-suite bathroom clean and modern. The staff were friendly. Although we took a taxi to the airport, it looked quite simple to get to the airport using the public transport if you have little luggage. Buffet breakfast had sufficient variety and you could either have it in the dining room or up on the roof terrace which had great views of the Blue Mosque and some views of the Bosphorus. The hotel does not do other meals but there are plenty of cafés and restaurants nearby and we used to eat at a small cafe in the same street that was good value with tasty local and western dishes. Wish we had stayed longer as we had to leave for trips to other fascinating parts of this amazing country steeped in history.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms at the top of the hotel have spectacular views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple