“The best location in Sultanahmet, loved it!!”
Review of Uyan Hotel

Uyan Hotel
Ranked #194 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We wanted to stay in the heart of Sultanahmet and wanted to be as close to Ayasofya and Sultanahmet mosques as possible so we chose to stay at this hotel. Together with 4 Seasons, Uyan Hotel are the 2 closest hotels to the Sultanahmet area. It literally took us a 2 minute walk to reach either Ayasofya or Sultanahmet. I also loved the view from the side we walked to the main square from as it was great. How I would have loved to live during the Ottoman times.
The hotel manager was very quick and detailed in all their email responses. Nearing our trip I realised we needed to have a large suitcase stored somewhere in Istanbul till I returned back to Istanbul as we would be staying in Istanbul at the end of our trip so we asked the hotel if they could store the large suitcase and they were only too happy to oblige at no cost. This made us happy and the hotel already had a plus in our minds.
I chose this hotel based upon the internet reviews I had read and believe me none of them were wrong and we are glad we chose this hotel. Their breakfasts were delicious. They had a great roof top terrace eating area which has a great view. The hotel staff were extremely helpful, approachable and friendly in assisting with all of our queries. The hotel is in a very quiet location and street noise or other annoying noises were nonexistent. The only noise there was is the beautiful call of prayer to the mosque to which we accepted.
Because we stayed at the hotel for 5 nights we were entitled to an airport transfer which we utilised upon arrival there. Our plane was delayed to which we told the hotel and they advised their driver has access to the arrival details and would be waiting for us at arrivals. We arrived at the domestic terminal of Istanbul airport but had to go to the international terminal to sort something out so the hotel gave us the driver’s number where we arranged to meet at an alternative place which worked out well.
Definitely will stay at this place on our next visit to Istanbul and can highly recommend it to others considering a hotel in the Sultanahmet area of Istanbul.
Twin share room cost us 100 lira per night.
I give it 4.1 stars

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ResmeN

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I read the reviews before booking and was not disappointed, great location close to blue mosque , Hagia Sophia, Topkaki palace are all walking distance. the friendly & helpful staff, I recommend the She tours number 6 tour which goes across the bosphorus bridge also you get a boat trip & lunch included in price & get to see beylerbeyi palace.... enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: room 202 , 2nd floor, double bed, quiet room as back of hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Hotel is located to all the main attractions of the Old part of the city. Rooms were clean and comfortable but a bit dated. Breakfast was good. Staff very friendly and helpful. I am glad we stayed in this area of the city, felt very safe and the shopkeepers loved to chat and often tried to get you to come in their stores or restaurants but in a fun way. The people in Turkey our warm and inviting, thanks for the great holiday!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Hotel location is very close to blue mosque, exactly in sultanahmed area. Other than that, nothing interesting, unless u don't want to visit other places. You don't have good restaurants around, money exchangers around the main road is not giving good rates, and there are too many locals (businessmen from shops around the location, tourist operators) approaching you, especially if you are traveling alone, and look like Japanese. Hotel provide one way pick-up, and for returning to airport you need to pay euro 25. I hv to use the service as I had a big luggage and hard to walk to the nearest tram service/metro line. One thing I don't like about this hotel is the breakfast, it is not good. Everyday, they serve the same thing, boiled eggs, cheese, bread, juices, yogurt, olives, sausage....I booked for 6 nites, left Istanbul after the 5th nite. Oh, another thing is, the room itself is noisy, some upper floors, when they flush their washroom or using their bathroom, you will hear the flush every time. And the windows are not sound proof, which during peak seasons, you can hear all sort of voices coming from outside. I was there during Christmas time. Staff, I think may be of the English command, are not that warm. Given a chance to choose one more time, I would not have stayed here, may be at Taksim would be a better choice. As I booked a single room, it was very small actually, but that was already made known earlier in their website, so i have to be fair in my comment. One more thing, no kettle for boiling water, and if u need to make tea, you need to ask them to send a pot of warm water. They sent a bottled of mineral water, and. Thought it was complimentary, but when checked out, they asked me to pay euro 1.50.

Room Tip: Rooms at another end of the building, meaning not facing the main roads. But I don't think it is...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ChoongSH
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This was my first time to Istanbul and the helpful and comfortable hotel Uyan experience made it a wonderful experience. The hotel was clean, modern and in the perfect location. the staff were extremely helpful and accomodating. It gave you a very homely feeling. The staff spoke good english and took care of arranging all your transfers, trips and whatever you would ask them. I have never had such a great personal hotel service. The buffet breakfast was good and the Bazaar, Blue Mosque and Hagia Sohia were just steps away..I stayed in this hotel from a recommendation from a friend and it lived upto its expectations. I will be referring this hotel to all my family and friends and will definitely come back and stay there. It was defintely worth the value. Thank you all at Hotely Uyan.Farah

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We staye there for a week this October. My wife staye dthere a few years ago. Both stys were incredible. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The fresh breakfast provided every morning in the rooftop dining room is VERY good and gives guests an outstanding chance to mingle with other travelers and reap the benefits of their experiences in this amazing city. All staff members are helpful and speak such good English that my wife and I (very poor Turkish speakers) had no difficulty at all in resolving some complicated travel plans.The location is perfect as it is walking distance to many days worth of sightseeing and everything else you would want to see is easily reached by the conveniently located light-rail station. Can't recommend this place any more highly!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! Leave your window cracked upon retiring for the night and awaken to the wonderf...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Location Location Location very close to Blue Mosque and Aya Sophia Mosque (museum).
Hotel provided breakfast which was great lots of fresh produce , view from top deck was of the marama sea great , rooms that our group had were on all floors and all were ok with no complants, top floor room has 2 single beds smaller but good views , 1st and 2nd floor rooms were at back but still ok, plenty of room , good bed inportant YES etc special over 4 days free pick up from airport , Staff very help full, local area had plenty of food venues of all types , one we tried was a cooking school by day and resturant at night , set menu but excellent food.. . Attuka i think ? easy walking to most main attractions, trams, ferrys etc

Room Tip: as above forgot the call to mosque might cause a problem ?
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends