“Perfect hotel in a perfect spot - Istanbul”
Review of Uyan Hotel

Uyan Hotel
Ranked #183 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Denver, Colorado
“Perfect hotel in a perfect spot - Istanbul”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

This is a delightful hotel, ideally situated in the heart of Sultanahmet. It is about a 7 minute walk from the Sultanahmet Tram stop, between the Blue Mosque and the Haga Sophia.
We were given a warm and friendly greeting from the hotel staff who were all smiles when we dragged ourselves in at around 1am. We each had a single room, and although small, they were comfortable and clean. Breakfast is served each morning on the top floor and offers a nice variety of Turkish cheeses, meats, breads, and the usual selection of cereals and yogurts.
The staff are friendly, courteous, and helpful. They are always on hand to answer any questions you may have or to give assistance or advice on local tours.

The hotel’s fantastic roof terrace offers the best possible view of the Mosque – you could literally spend hours sitting in the sun, mesmerized by the presence of it. The terrace also offers a sea view, although it is mostly blocked by another hotel. It’s a lovely place to sit and enjoy the sounds and smells of Istanbul after a long day of touring the city.

The hotel is ideally located, with lots of great restaurants and cafes within walking distance. I don’t believe I have anything negative to say about it – it was perfect for what we needed it for and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank EtainVeronique

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2011

My lifelong dream of travelling to Istanbul came true in March 2011. My stay at Uyan Hotel only enhanced my visit o Istanbul. The hotel is incredibly clean, situated on a quiet steet but just steps away from the breathtaking Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia and Topkapi Palace. It is also close to the Tram, making it very easy to access other parts of the city.

The hotel is beautifully decorated and has a lot of character and charm. The rooms are well furnished, comfortable and clean. The room rates are very reasonable .The staff are friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family visitng Istanbul. I hope to get another chance to travel to Istanbul and woiuld most certainly stay at Uyan Hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Oaxaca, Mexico
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Hotel Uyan - At first glance we were a bit nervous after our Barcelona hotel and our room was a bit dark -- but large. The staff happily moved us to 307 which was a floor up and had 3 large windows. The room was quiet and it was easy to sleep till 9:00 am. From our roof top, we could practically touch the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia minarets. Four seasons Hotel was just steps away. Room was the biggest we'd stayed in since starting our trip. Bed was large too. Big enough for two women to sleep comfortably. Breakfast was included and plentiful. Overall ratings: Looks 3; staff 5, location 5 and price 4.

Room Tip: Ask for a bright room or corner room with balcony.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We booked this hotel on spec from the UK and could not have made a better choice. The Manager and his staff are extremely attentive and helpful. The location is absolutely ideal for visiting all the highlights which Istanbul has to offer. It is also in an excellent place for restaurants etc, which the staff are able to recommend. The room is spacious and very clean, with an especially well appointed bathroom. The breakfast is also a highlight, plenty of choice and a good time span. There is also a roof terrace with spectacular views to the sea and the Blue Mosque. I can’t wait to return, and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I stayed here for four nights and really enjoyed my stay. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly – nothing was too much bother. I thought the breakfast buffet was good value for money and the free Internet access was much appreciated. The hotel is located slap bang in the middle of the main tourist district so it's easy to get your bearings. You can walk to all the main attractions – even down to the harbour area and the tram/buses to the Tunel district stop close to the hotel.

Overall I was really satisfied with the hotel and will stay there again – there is so much to do and see in this fabulous city that one weekend just isn’t enough!
However, I must mention the one slightly negative experience we had. We booked a “small” double room online and were surprised how cheap it was. Once I saw the room, I realised why! The room was TINY – approx. 12 sq m. After one night we decided to upgrade (we had to pay a little extra because the only room available was a deluxe double. The second room was fabulous - a king bed plus a single, massive bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub. There was nothing wrong with the first room apart from the size and I’m sure a lot of people would have preferred to put up with that and spend the extra money on shopping or going out for dinner etc. But after one night I was already sick of stepping over my trolley to get to the loo – there was only room for one of our cases in the bedroom so mine was stashed in the bathroom!

Despite having to pay extra, the “huge” double was still terrific value for money! And I would definitely recommend this hotel – just be aware that if you book a (cheap) small double that it will be rather cosy!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Gloucestershire
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Very impressed!
I stayed here for less then a week and I don’t think I could have found a better hotel. The place was very clean, relaxing and in a fantastic part of the city (around the corner from Aya Sofia and the Blus Mosque. 15 minutes walk, or two tram stops, from The Grand Bazaar). The prices were very resonable as well. Couldn’t recommend this place more. There are lots of different shops and resturants nearby too. It was very nice hearing the call to pray at different times of the day because of all the mosques nearby.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Hotel Uyan was our first stop in Turkey--which was my first trip abroad in quite some time. I was a bit nervous about dropping into this new culture, but Hotel Uyan was a wonderful introduction. We were picked up at the airport without a hitch after having made reservations online and from start to finish everyone was so friendly and helpful. We especially loved breakfast on the roof, looking out over the storied Istanbul skyline. If you're looking for a simple, clean, quiet hotel in the heart of Sultanahmet, look no further!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends